bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's pray for all of us!  (Read 4236 times)

snorky

Let's pray for all of us!
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:19:22 PM »

The nonsense Babylon tradition of "Easter" is coming up...we know we must not partake of this foolishness, but because of family "obligations" how many of us will not have a "choice" (that is, some of us, while being called out of Babylon, are "not ready" [according to His Will] to be dragged out this far yet, to the point where they will either forsake family or their family will forsake them? I hope I am not over-reacting...but I personally want y'alls prayers because some members of my family are intent on celebrating Easter again this year, and I am sick over the fact that I'll be dragged into it again this year. And while you are praying for me, pray for my husband...who basically knows the Church is Mystery Babylon, but can't [I guess by God's Will] seem to completely break free of it...there are times I believe he is unwittingly (or wittingly?) dragging me back into it!

Anyone else feeling this way?

Deb aka snorky

gmik

Re: Let's pray for all of us!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »

Oh yes.  So, the last 2 "Easters" we were on a plane from Florida!!  We now get out of town, away from the family and do our own thing!  "Gee sorry we can't be there, but we will be gone!"  Two Easters on a beach and then a BIG buffet!!!!  Doing it again next week!!

Yahoo can't wait.

Redbird

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:49:54 PM »

Hi Deb,

I am feeling ill, that every time I walk into a store, the shelves are filled with "made in China junk" to celebrate the current month's "holiday".  In my opinion, it is just another way for Babylon to take our hard earned money.  I too, am feeling God's tug to come out of this world of materialism.  My family still celebrates, and I do not want to break their elderly hearts, but my heart is just not in it anymore.  So my prayers are with us all who face this issue.

Love in Christ,
Lisa

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:57:42 PM »

This is from Ray's Lake of Fire, part 16 C.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html ------------------------

CHRISTMAS TREES, EASTER EGGS, AND SHEILA-NA-GIGS

Most religious festivals of the world have something to do with sex or fertility. The Christian Holy Days are no different. They ARE in fact, little more than these same pagan festivals with Christian orientations.

EASTER:

Semiramis was the wife/mother of Nimrod the mighty hunter whose kingdom was Babel (Gen. 10:9-10). From there I will just quote from lasttrumpetministries.org, as their site has a concise history of Easter:

"She [Semiramis] taught that the moon was a goddess that went through a 28 day cycle and ovulated when full. She further claimed that she came down from the moon in a giant moon egg that fell into the Euphrates River. This was to have happened at the time of the first full moon after the spring equinox. Semiramis became known as "Ishtar" which is pronounced "Easter", and her moon egg became known as "Ishtar's" egg." Ishtar soon became pregnant and claimed that it was the rays of the sun-god Baal that caused her to conceive. The son that she brought forth was named Tammuz.

Tammuz was noted to be especially fond of rabbits, and they became sacred in the ancient religion, because Tammuz was believed to be the son of the sun-god, Baal. Tammuz, like his supposed father, became a hunter. The day came when Tammuz was killed by a wild pig. Queen Ishtar told the people that Tammuz was now ascended to his father, Baal, and that the two of them would be with the worshippers in the sacred candle or lamp flame as Father, Son and Spirit. Ishtar, who was now worshipped as the "Mother of God and Queen of Heaven", continued to build her mystery religion.

The queen told the worshippers that when Tammuz was killed by the wild pig, some of his blood fell on the stump of an evergreen tree, and the stump grew into a full new tree overnight. This made the evergreen tree sacred by the blood of Tammuz. She also proclaimed a forty day period of time of sorrow each year prior to the anniversary of the death of Tammuz. During this time, no meat was to be eaten. Worshippers were to meditate upon the sacred mysteries of Baal and Tammuz, and to make the sign of the "T" in front of their hearts as they worshipped. They also ate sacred cakes with the marking of a "T" or cross on the top.

Every year, on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox, a celebration was made. It was Ishtar's Sunday and was celebrated with rabbits and eggs. Ishtar also proclaimed that because Tammuz was killed by a pig, that a pig must be eaten on that Sunday. By now, the readers of this tract should have made the connection that paganism has infiltrated the contemporary "Christian" churches, and further study indicates that this paganism came in by way of the Roman Catholic System. The truth is that Easter has nothing whatsoever to do with the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Similar legends abound in Northern Europe: Scholars, accepting the derivation proposed by the 8th-century English scholar, St. Bede, believe the name Easter is thought to come from the Scandinavian "Ostra" and the Teutonic "Ostern" or "Eastre," both Goddesses of mythology signifying spring and fertility whose festival was celebrated on the day of the vernal equinox. Traditions associated with the festival survive in the Easter rabbit, a symbol of fertility, and in colored Easter eggs, originally painted with bright colors to represent the sunlight of spring, and used in Easter-egg rolling contests or given as gifts.

Regardless how accurate all of these histories are in every detail, one thing is for sure. Rabbits and eggs are symbols of fertility, and all pagan and heathen cultures worshipped sex and fertility. Therefore, Easter is pagan, and the Church has absolutely no authority for gracing this pagan sex and fertility festival with the Name of Jesus.
-----------------------------------------------------------

We all have to do the best we can in the situation we are in.  
I know what you mean Deb, I think I will have some in my family who want to have 'fun' doing Easter things.  Since I won't be involved in it with them, it really hampers things for them.  Oh well, I have to put up with them doing those things in my presence, my girls are teenagers but still like to dye eggs  ::)  So they have to put up with me not doing it with them.

We can pray for one another  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

DWIGHT

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 02:22:34 AM »

I think if your heart is right, it's okay.  That's all that matters.  I'll have to go through it too.  All the grandchildren expect me to hunt for the eggs with them and it really doesn't bother me as long as they have fun.  This year I'm going to take the little ones upstairs and tell them about Jesus. ;)

Love

Dwight

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 02:37:21 AM »

All the grandchildren expect me to hunt for the eggs with them and it really doesn't bother me as long as they have fun.  This year I'm going to take the little ones upstairs and tell them about Jesus.

Dwight, that's super cool!

Peace and God bless,
Diana

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 03:00:51 AM »

Deb,
We have no family around us so we are not tempted so much to follow their traditions.  Daniel has never celebrated any of Americas' pagan holidays, although he is very well aware of what they stand for.  (When my Daniel was only 6 yrs old, Anne asked him when if it bothers him that he isn't trick or treating and he said, "OH no, I don't covet what they are doing."  ;))  Anyway, I always try to take the oportunity at this time of year to reexplain the crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord as well as take him to watch a live outdoor reenactment of the crucifiction and resurrection scenes.  Plus, in one of the cemetaries here, they have a neat 'replica' of the empty tomb, and he loves to go there year round!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:00:43 PM »

To All,

I shall pray for all of us, that no matter what we do or if we are dragged into it against our wills, that God will someday give us the stength to stand.

I will refrain from either condoning or condeming the holidays.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:46:08 PM »

Gena,
Can I stow away with you... ;) ;D.  Have fun!  I am praying for all whom are in a pickle over this holiday!  Much love to all of you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.