bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Silversmith  (Read 5597 times)

skydreamers

The Silversmith
« on: March 19, 2007, 03:33:59 PM »

THE SILVERSMITH

Malachi 3:3 says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver. As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities. The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot then she thought again about the verse that says: "He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver." She watched a sweat poured from his brow due to the intensity of the heat from the fire he sat so close to. She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.

The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?"

He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's easy - when I see my image in it."

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.

PKnowler

Re: The Silversmith
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »

That's good Diana! Thanks for sharing it. It's wonderful to really look at
what the Word says to find the deeper meaning!  :)

DWIGHT

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »

Amen Diana,

How true!

Dwight

iris

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 05:32:44 PM »

Diana,

What a wonderful story!!!
Sometimes we can get a deeper meaning,
or see things better if we just have an
understanding of how things work.

Thanks for  sharing.  :)

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:51:04 PM »

Exactly!

....for those who are in the judgment NOW. Yes!

Thank you Diana.

I have a sister who is also named Diana not Diane....she does not like being called Diane! :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:51:44 PM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 06:14:20 PM »

To All,

Thanks for sharing.  That was most upliifting.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »

I should mention, someone sent this to me in an e-mail, so I don't know who wrote it or where it came from.  I love it, especially in light of the truths of God's use of fire as a symbol and metaphor.  What's interesting to me, is it was sent to me by a Christian who still believes in eternal hell fire.....and I think, how amazing they can see the beauty in this message and send it off to friends and family but they can't make the connection to how it can pertain to the lake of fire and what their supposed hell is really all about??!! 

Peace,
Diana

joyful1

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »

Diana...that was so good for me to read today!  When I feel overwhelmed....I still know that He is close to me! This was a good picture of that! Thank you for taking the time to post it! :) Joyce

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 08:52:45 PM »

Diana,

What a beautiful analogy.
It brings to mind that God puts a lot of work into refining us, and is precise in doing so.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 08:59:46 PM »

...If it is too long in the fire it will get destroyed.....<how do you not get that?????>

He is sitting in the fire w/ me and will not leave me to get destroyed but to keep refining me till I am so shiny He will see His face in me!!!!!   ;D

That is too awesome.  Kinda like Jennies "Jesus w/ skin on""

Ursula, that kitty is too cute!!!!

JJ

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 02:51:41 PM »

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story!

I heard this about 3 years ago (an email).
Holding on to this concept-- many times with tears-
was the only thing that gave me courage to
continue on in a difficult season.  Then came
Bible Truths and God revealed "the rest of the story"
concerning refinement.

However painful, I love the way God does things--
how He works in our lives.

jayle

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.