bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life Eternal  (Read 8164 times)

YellowStone

Life Eternal
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:11:39 PM »

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The following has been on my mind for sometime now. I have prayed and meditated on it and I was given the final piece of understanding just a little over an hour ago.

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on what has been given me.

What is Life Eternal?

Jesus said the following so that we might know. :)

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus also said that "his" chosen were not of the world.

Jhn 17:16  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:17  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

God's Word is Truth, yet we are told the following:.....
No man has seen God (John 1:18)
No man ever heard God or seen His shape [Gk: 'nor a perception of Him have you seen]" (John 5:37)

Yet God is not "hidden" from us, for.......

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

No man has heard God Speak, yet we know he did speak through creation. God does allow all to learn of him....

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.
Rom 1:19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.
Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

What is it we need in order to see the invisible attributes of him, his eternal power and Godhead? We must seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. (Deuty 4:29)

The same vigor and intent as needed to follow Christs first commandment.... :)

Mat 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38  This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39  And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

All in all, this encapsulates the steps required to obtain Eternal Life. Of course God spoke through Christ, both as Jehovah and the man, Jesus as well as the many prophets, disciples and apostles.

However, I thought this was an interesting study just the same.

Comments Welcome. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

hillsbororiver

Re: Life Eternal
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 04:17:04 PM »

Hi Darren,

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.

1Jn 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Once the Lord grants us the faith to seek His Word and we begin to gain knowledge and understanding we receive our "down payment" or "the earnest" of His Promise of immortal life which is in His Spirit.

2Co 1:22  Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2Co 5:5  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Eph 1:13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 1:14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »

So how are we to come to know God? How has he mainfested himself through the eons so that man has no excuse? Can he only be found inside a temple or does his presense only grace the pages of his Word.

Where is he if.... the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? (2Ch 2:6)

How can we have no excuse? What are these invisible qualities that are clearly seen by what has been made so that we may know God?
(Rom 1:20)

Paul knew where to find God, he knew very well......

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

The simple fact is we cannot escape God, we can no sooner turn our back from God than turn back time. God is with us always, because we are in him. We can close our hearts, but we cannot close ourselves from him.

So what are some of these "invisible" qualities that are clearly seen so that we may know God?

Power - Who has not felt a house shake in a storm
Strength - Gravity, just enough that I might live
Resolute - The Sun rises the Sun sets
Loving - Who cannot see the loving bond between a mother and her offspring
Compassionate - Rain to parched lands, the seasons so that we can grow a vareity of foods, the rebirth of trees every spring
Creative - Exotic fish, flowers and their fragrance, colors, sound, variety of galaxies types, super novas, mankind
Protective - Ozone layer that filters out harful UV rays
Majestic - Sunrises and Sunsets, The Grand Canyon, Rainbows
Forgiving - Creation will restore itself even because of mans attempt to rape it.

These are just a sampling that is almost insignifanct, but enough so that we might learn something about our God.

Who has stood at the base of a waterfall and not experienced the sheer power of God in the water as it comes thundering down the cliff; who like wise has not felt God in the fine mist that engulfs you and who like wise has not heard in the roar of the water and not seen him in the misty leaves of the nearby trees, glistening in the sunshine? Who has not seen God in the mountains, or marvelled at the damage of a rock slide or avalanche, knowing full world of the destruction that would ensue if God just let go! What would happen if God grew tired of holding the mountains in place, that the giant Rewood forests were know longer held in place, if every car on the road suddenly began to float, or perhaps become the size of a grain of sand, because God grew tired of his creation.

God is Spirit, spirit is energy. We can know this is true, because there is energy in life, but there is also energy in death, for we all return to dust molecules and though just one of these dust molecules contains no life, they do contain atoms that can be split...... There is energy in everything, and this has to be, because without the spirit of God holding everything in place, from the grains of sand on the beach to the untold billions of stars in billinos of galaxies. Creation would cease to exist, if not for God. Just think, the power of God is holding the monitor on the desktop as you read this. :)

I have not even touched on the biological side of cell reproduction. How can one not marvel at the creativeness and sheer ingenuity of our God when one witnesses a cell dividing itself in two. :)

God not only allows us to see, but he is responsible for the mountains, lakes, geese flying in formation, butterflies. What life would we have if not for all that is of God; all of God that is creation, that is often forgotten and overlooked.

But this my brothers and sisters is where God is, we as Paul said and it is worth repeating :)

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

One truly cannot see, touch, smell, hear, feel or reeason anything the same knowing that in him is our very being.

That God cares so much for us that he created all for us is quite staggering, for above all else, God is Love and he Loves us. :)

Love in Christ,

Darren
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 05:18:34 PM by YellowStone »

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »

Hi Darren,

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.

1Jn 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Once the Lord grants us the faith to seek His Word and we begin to gain knowledge and understanding we receive our "down payment" or "the earnest" of His Promise of immortal life which is in His Spirit.

2Co 1:22  Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2Co 5:5  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Eph 1:13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 1:14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Absolutely brother Joe, all is of God in his time. I promise that I am NOT discounting anything taught in this forum; rather, I wish only to share with you all what He has given me to see.

Love to you,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »

Hi Darren,

I like how you brought out all the aspects of the creation.  It is grand and wonder to behold.
Something that came to my mind when comtemplating all that we have on this earth, and all that we are sharing in it and experiencing in it. 
The universe is a vast part of the creation, but it is void of life.  There is beauty in it, but not like the details of beauty we have on earth.  So maybe the earth is a blueprint of sorts, for the beautifying of the whole universe.  Now that would be a grand plan  8)
Anyway more of my speculations  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

snorky

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 05:40:47 PM »

This is a really wonderful topic, especially in light of what we know now from mathematics (I know mathematics is not the Bible, but having studied higher math to some extent I reached the conclusion many years ago that mathematics is the language given by God to all mankind as it is the ONLY univeral language we still have...all nations "speak" mathematics!).

We also know through spiritual discernment that God, Who created time for our benefit and His pleasure, exists outside of time and therefore exists as spirit in "timelessness" which we call eternity (and is denoted mathematically by the contruct "infinity" the sideways 8, which is division by 0 (undefined) and the tangent of a 90 degree angle (simple calculus). We also know that God is was and always will be and is the epitomy of life for God can never die and never "not exist." We also know that we have eternal life IN HIM, existing in HIS EXISTENCE without spot or blemish or stubble (which is either washed away if in th elect or burned out in the LOF). And, since only in God can we exist in eternity:

this can conly mean that, mathematically, this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the IS NO "hell for eternity" (believe it or not I have used this non-Bible argument to convince believers who doubted much of the churchian dogma that ALL MANKIND WILL BE SAVED!).

So though the Bble has the truth on this, mathematics can also be used particularly on those who don't necessarily want a biblical explanation. Just my two cents.

Kat: even when you speculate you always come up with Godly things!

Deb aka snorky

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 11:37:31 AM »

Good morning Kathy and Deb :)

Kathy, thanks for your comment regarding my comments on creation. I have come to realize that I needed to really take the time and identify not only "who" God is, but where and what he is. God is totally omnipresent because without him there would not even be time. :)

Deb, I really liked the way that you identified mathematics with creation. :)

You are certainly right, because from a purely scientific standpoint, mathematics prove beyond any reasonable doubt that God is in control of everything. Even in the seemingly choas of the universe, which is beyond mankinds rhyme or reason to understand, God has placed everything in order. Man can luse mathematics to pin point to the second, the arrival of astroids, comments, etc, even when they are millions of miles and years away.

Kathy, I really like your concept of an empty space. Maybe it is God's plan that we one day fill it too. :)

Have you ever considered that God may have other "beings" living in other Galaxies? I do not believe in UFO's and Aliens, but am not closed to the idea. God in all his wisdom may not want us to know just yet.

God is everything, because without God, there is nothing. Spring time is so wonderful because the whole planet is seemgingly reborn, revitalised and made a new. How grand it will be when we shed the physical as we know it today and take on the new form as promised us by Christ.

Love to you all,

Your Brother in Christ,
Darren

Redbird

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »

Darren,

I have often wondered why NASA would spend billions of dollars "out there", if there wasn't anything "out there".  I too think there is alot that we do not know yet, and maybe God wants it that way, like you say, for now.

Peace, Lisa
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:35:57 PM by Redbird »

YellowStone

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 12:04:04 AM »

Lisa,

We think of out there and we cannot even hope to express the sheer scope of the universe, or even if there is more than one. What with known Galaxies 100 billion lightyears away, and our God and Father holds this all together as if it were naught.

How truly amazing is our God, who is with a MASSIVE Super Nova when stars are being born, and within a blade of grass as it photosynthesizes light from the sun and grows by splitting cells and forming itself through DNA sometimes so quick that we can actually see the grass grow.

This is the power, and the creativity and MAJESTIES of our God from one extreme to another. What is more, He has given us a mind that is capable of learning, thinking and reasoning. Unfortunately man has learned to hate and feel greed, yet God is love and he allows us to feel love and be loved as well as give love.

I do not mean this disrespectfully, but how dare we even try to imagine what the new Kingdom will be like; for I believe that our minds, with all their brilliance, is not capable of knowing, let alone understanding. I believe that there is so much more to learn both physically and spiritually while still here on Earth, today. God has shown me how to taste the air with every breath I take and how to appreciate the 1000's of fragrances carried by a breeze in every moment of every day. He has allowed me to hear the symphony of every day life, when before, all I heard was noise.

I seen a sunrise this morning that would make a diamond ring pail to nothing in its glory. God has opened up my very being, my heart, my soul and spirit, on my walk out of the world. Man's world is not Gods world; even though God holds everything in place and man for the most part is blinded by their ignorance.

We need not worry though, all is according to God's master plan. He still clothes the sparrows, why need we worry about anything. Man causes worry, not God. :)

Better get off my soap box.  ;D

Love to everyone reading this,

Darren
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:05:42 AM by YellowStone »

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 09:43:01 PM »

Hi Darren,

This is a interesting thread in contemplating God being revealed in His Creation. You have gotten some interesting responses as well.

Deb, I'm not sure about what you said mathematically but it sure sounded good. 

I love how you pointed these things out Darren.

How can we have no excuse? What are these invisible qualities that are clearly seen by what has been made so that we may know God?
(Rom 1:20)

Power - Who has not felt a house shake in a storm
Strength - Gravity, just enough that I might live
Resolute - The Sun rises the Sun sets
Loving - Who cannot see the loving bond between a mother and her offspring
Compassionate - Rain to parched lands, the seasons so that we can grow a vareity of foods, the rebirth of trees every spring
Creative - Exotic fish, flowers and their fragrance, colors, sound, variety of galaxies types, super novas, mankind
Protective - Ozone layer that filters out harful UV rays
Majestic - Sunrises and Sunsets, The Grand Canyon, Rainbows
Forgiving - Creation will restore itself even because of mans attempt to rape it.

All creation speaks of God! It is awesome to contemplate.

I do not mean this disrespectfully, but how dare we even try to imagine what the new Kingdom will be like; for I believe that our minds, with all their brilliance, is not capable of knowing, let alone understanding.

Darren this reminds me of a scripture.

1Co 2:9
    However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"-

We can't even imagine what God has prepared for us! It hasn't even entered anyones mind- ever!
That's awesome!

I, too, believe that there is much more that God wants to teach us while we are still here on Earth. It's why we are all here. God is working out His plan.

It's wonderful that God has opened up your senses to be able to appreciate His creation. I wonder how much we can't experience because of sin that has dulled our senses.

I read in the book of Adam and Eve that they use to be able to look up into heaven and see the angels and hear them sing praises to God but after they sinned they could no longer do that. (I know that book is  not a part of the canon but it makes you wonder about how much we lost.)

It is all a part of God's plan, and one day He will restore us. Praise God!

Many Blessings,  :)
Paula

gmik

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 10:51:48 PM »

This is an awesome thread!

And yet to look upon the face of Jesus is far more glorious!!!

iris

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 11:31:22 PM »

This is an awesome thread!

And yet to look upon the face of Jesus is far more glorious!!!

I agree, this has been a very interesting thread. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

Iris

seeker1

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 07:37:42 PM »

SNORKY, Nice post. I agree that mathematics is the language of the universe. I read a bit on physics, astronomy and cosmology. I have learned to appreciate the beauty and power of the equations that God created to form and govern the universe. According to many physicists the surest sign that a fundamental equation is correct is when it has a sublime beauty, form and symmetry. I don't know enough math to be able to make that determination but I will take their word for it.

The Biblical metaphors about God speaking the universe into existence may be far more literal than metaphoric.

gmik

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 10:41:10 PM »

Go look at the thread Kat just posted on Inner & Outer Space.  Is it ever awesome--math too!!

YellowStone

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 11:54:56 AM »

Paula, you said: ;)
1Co 2:9
However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"-

We can't even imagine what God has prepared for us! It hasn't even entered anyones mind- ever!
That's awesome!

I, too, believe that there is much more that God wants to teach us while we are still here on Earth. It's why we are all here. God is working out His plan.

I agree, with you. :)

It is not yet time for us know. We should strive for prize because of our love, trust and faith in The One who has given us everything, not because "of" the prize.

Paul wrote in the same letter as you quoted:

1Cr 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Cr 9:25  And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

God has given us everything we need in order to run and receiveth the prize; I think the "mastery of temperateness" is a wonderful baseline and measuring stick. Sometimes I am NO WAY as temperate as I should, but thankfully God is working with me on that. :)

We have so much to learn and it is all right here at our fingertips. God is with us, because we are in him. :)

That fact just blows me away!!

Love in Christ,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 12:02:10 PM »

SNORKY, Nice post. I agree that mathematics is the language of the universe. I read a bit on physics, astronomy and cosmology. I have learned to appreciate the beauty and power of the equations that God created to form and govern the universe. According to many physicists the surest sign that a fundamental equation is correct is when it has a sublime beauty, form and symmetry. I don't know enough math to be able to make that determination but I will take their word for it.

The Biblical metaphors about God speaking the universe into existence may be far more literal than metaphoric.

Seeker1, you are truly on to something here. :)

Our sweet sister Mongoose, put me onto a book "Case for a Creator" (Lee Strobel)and I was fortunate enough to find a copy. The book, is basically a massive case study analyzing every belief that man has amassed over the eons.

Science has progressed far more than I had ever thought in at least acknowledging the concept of "Intelligent Design" (Who is more intelligent or a greater designer than Our God?) :)

If you or anyone is interested, I highly recommend that book, it is really an eye openner. ;)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

gmik

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 09:36:57 PM »

Ditto.  I have read all of lee strobel's "Case..." books.  Again this was before I was dragged to Ray's site.  God used his books to help me get out of Babylon.

YellowStone

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 09:45:34 PM »

Thanks Gena :)

I have only read one of Lee's books, which does not make me much of a judge. :)

However, that book was awesome and it does everything to prove that there is a God. Not just a "Something" that some people choose to put their faith in. God is MUCH MUCH more than that and I thank God for showing Lee enough of himself for him to write this book.

Religion and God do not necessarily belong in the same sentence, but it seems science and God does! :)

Darren
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 09:46:02 PM by YellowStone »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.