bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Testimony" that God Gave Of His Son!  (Read 10281 times)

Redbird

Re: The "Testimony" that God Gave Of His Son!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 07:54:28 AM »

Hi Kat,

Yes, that is what I am talking about.  Also, I meant to say, I think the angels do have genders, because their names certainly suggest so.  And as hinted to by your posts, maybe only some angels will be judged, not the elect angels. 
The elect helping the elect!

Peace, Lisa

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 08:46:08 AM by Redbird »

Kat

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 10:47:51 AM »

Hi LIsa,

Yes, the elect helping the elect,  that is what I was thinking too  :)

But as for gender have you ever heard a female name for an angle?
I think God refers to the angels as male, as well as HImself, because He has given the male the authority and to be the head, as humans.
So as authority figures that's why He uses the male image for HImself and angels. 
What do you think?

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Redbird

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 12:19:42 PM »

Dear Kat,

No, I know of no female names of angels in the bible.  I think you are right about why God uses the male image as the authority figure.  I say this as a good thing and take comfort in their strength.  And it is the male who determines the gender of our children.  After all, our sweet Jesus was a man too!

Peace, Lisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 05:13:56 PM »

Hello Kat

Your interpretation of Cor 2 : 15, 16  seems very accurate. Here are some more scriptures that would perhaps build on what you have seen.

Regarding the teaching about discipleship Jesus said

Luke 9 : 60 ...allow the dead to bury their own dead; but as fro you, go and publish abroad throughout all regions the kingdom of God.

Rev 22 :11 He who is unrighteous, unjust, wicked, let him be unrighteous still: and he who is filthy, vile, impure, let him be filthy still; and he who is righteous, just, upright, in right standing with God, let him do right still; and he who is holy, let him be holy still.

Of course this should be taken with the teachings and insights offered to us by Ray in his teaching on WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS.

I enjoyed the shared insights between Lisa and you and I too join in your observations and conclusions. Just today, I was restudying Ray's PRAYING BY GOD'S RULES. I take a copy of my favourite teachings when I go out so if I have to wait anywhere I can do so constructively! ;D Anyway, while waiting at the offices of Home Affairs today, I was reading this...while Jesus was in Gethsemane, when he became sorrowful even unto death...God sent Him and angel to strengthen Him.

Luke 22 : 43,44 and there appeared an angel unto Him from heaven, strengthening Him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

So I think that this strengthens what you are saying. Also, just consider if Jesus was sent an Angel to strengthen HIM how much more so will HE send us Angels to assist and encourage us in our needs too?

Why? Because as Jesus said to God about us in John 17 : 23 ....You have loved them even as You have loved Me.

Hope you enjoy the week end. :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

M_Oliver

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 09:41:20 PM »

I kept praying to Him saying, "Lord, you're showing me all these truths but why am I not PROGRESSING in my life?"

Peace,
Diana

God bless Diana.  That sentence of yours is exactly what I needed to read right now.  I have been thinking this very thing for several months now.  It is good to know I am where I am supposed to be and there is a light at the end of the tunnel{based on what you said after this} :).  Thank you!

Mark

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 06:09:18 PM »

This is a great thread.  As I was reading this, "All these things take a lifetime. We’re going to live “the seals”. A third part of the men died: that’s a third part of the man in us that is going to die. A third part of the carnality. God works in increments, you see. He wipes out some of the trees, and then He burns the grass…what is the trees and the grass? These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. And they are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues: they are all things that must happen in our lives. "  I remembered a verse about the Lord not driving out all the peoples of the land at once.  Here it is: " 

Exd23:28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.

Exd 23:29  I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.

Amazing, the Lord knows that we would begin to credit the BEAST within us if He cleaned us up all at once.
I always seem to want the things the Lord is doing to be finished right now, but this seems to be why He doesn't do it all at once.

Josh
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 02:21:40 AM »

that makes sense to me Josh.

The Lord knows us better than we think we know ourselves :D

Peace to you

Arcturus
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.