bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings to all  (Read 3831 times)

doreen

Greetings to all
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »

Hello to all,

My name is Doreen and I'm new here.  I came accross Mr. Smith's website about two months ago and I am still visiting.  I think I was guided here because I have been searching my whole life for the truth.  And when I read the information on bible-truths I was just amazed and happy to have finally found what I have been looking for.  Since this, I have been praying and reading my Bible again.

Here is an e-mail I sent to Mr. Smith with regards to his wonderful website and something else that happened to me during my search for the truth:

"Greetings Mr. Smith,

I wanted to say thank you for your website (and thanks to God for showing it to me) and also wanted to share a bit about myself with you.    My name is Doreen and I grew up in South Africa, Pretoria (City).  Something happen to me when I was still a small girl - I think I was about 10 or 11 years old at the time (I can't really remember anymore, but it was after my 9th). 

I was sitting in my dad's car (an old Datsun) and waiting for my dad.  I still remembered that day.  I was still pretty much minding my own business when suddenly "something" happened.  It was as if a vail was lifted from my eyes for the first time.  I wasn't seeing the world the way I use to anymore.  I felt kinda sad/disturb by this and didn't really know what it was.

For many years to come I struggled in my life with regards to relationships, family, school, work, etc etc.  I had up's and downs all the time.  I always felt left out and no matter how hard I tried to fit in, it just didn't happen.
I use to go to church when I was little, but since that day, I was not going as often as I use to.

However, I still read my Bible and prayed.  There was a time that this also became less and less.  I don't know why this happened at the time, but I think I'm starting to figure that out.  The emotional toll it took on me was huge.  It changed me very much.

A bit later when I had reached the age of about 16 or so, I had a series of dreams.  This started after I had forgotten about the Bible and prayer and God.  This continued for a whole week.  I shall try and describe these dreams to you (I still remember them):

-  First dream:
In my dream I was back at my old high school of the time.  I was walking through the halls and classrooms.  The entire school was deserted.  I continue to walk (but I wasn't scared - I was nervous).  In the distance I saw people (or what appeared to be) wearing black cloaks.  They were passing me and as I stopped and stare, one of them stared back.  I saw no face, only darkness and it had red eyes.

I wanted to continue my walking, because I knew I had to get out of there, but quickly two bigger "men" also wearing the same cloaks, grabbed hold of both my arms and dragged me to where they were going.  In an instant I was dressed in a long white dress, and wearing a crown made of thorns.  I was then brought before another thing (even bigger than the rest of them) who made it known to me that he was the devil.  I was to be his bride.  Infront of me there was also a cross.

You can imagine how afraid I was.  I tell you this:  I then started to pray like I have NEVER prayed before.  It seemed forever because it felt as if God wasn't going to release me from this awful nightmare.  But then a very bright light came from above and I could see an angel, wearing a white garment, with a gold belt around it's waist and a fiery sword.  He said unto the Devil:  "She is not yours, you shall not have her!"  And then he smashed his sword against the cross and it all took flame.  The next moment all of these "things" started to run away and screaming - the sounds they made was so awful to hear that I can not describe it to you.

I woke up in a heavy sweat.

- Second dream:
In this dream I was walking in the city with my friends.  We were going somewhere.  Suddenly everything around us started to change.  Before it was light and everthing was nice.  But it all turned into a greyish haze and the people passing us by had "demon" like faces - snarling at us.

So one of my friends says she knew where we could go for safety.  We all followed her up a pair of stairs (very high) untill we reached a small apartment.  Once we were inside, it looked like a reception room of some sort.  I didn't thinkg much of it at first untill the "receptionist" came towards me and said:  "You are next."

I found this strange, but went into the other room anyway.  When I entered, I couldn't make out who or what was sitting infront of me.  And then I realised.  I started to pray again.  This time it said:  "Your God can't help you now."  It was an awful voice.  But I kept on praying.  And suddenly there was light again and everything dissapeared.  Even my friends.  I went down the stairs again, alone this time.

- Third dream:
In this dream I was on a sort of holiday with my ex-husband and a friend of his.  I don't know which country we were in.  We were walking along a trail that lead us to a bridge made of wood and rope.  My ex-husband wanted to go further and cross the bridge, but I was scared.  Eventually we all went accross the bridge.  But just as we got near to the end of it, it breaks and we all fell.

The next thing I remember is waking up in some kind of room.  It was small, but not too dark.  There was a priest with us.  He stepped closer and said:  "Do you know why you are here?"  We thought we had died and then he confirmed it by saying:  "Yes."  I could also see a door, but it was closed.  Then he continued saying:  "You are all here and I will now explain to you what will happen next.  Each one of you will open this door.  When you open the door and you see blackness, you shall fall.  When you open this door and see the earth, you shall return to the earth.  When you open this door and see light, you will rise up."  And then he stepped away and asked who of us will go first.  My ex-husband said that he will go first. 

When my ex-husband opened the door, he saw the earth.   I saw him descending to the earth again, looking up and waving at me.
When the "friend" opened the door, he saw blackness.  He fell immediately after he had open the door.
Before it was my turn, the priest came to me, and put his left hand on my right shoulder and said something to me which I can't remember.  But in an instant I was dressed in a white dress and I was 9 months pregnant!  Just like that.  And when I opened the door, I saw light and I wasn't afraid while being drawn upwards towards the light.

These are my dreams.  I don't know if they have a meaning, but I'm sure that God knows.

I have always been seeking for something and I might have found it with help from your website.  I know God wanted me to see this (your website) and share this with you.  I know He has a plan for me, and only He will make that clearer to me as I grow.  I've always known these things which are of the Spirit, but could somehow not fully grasp their meanings.  God has something really important in mind for me - I'm sure.

I don't know my Bible very well, but something in me has awakend and I'm changing (for the good I hope).

God Bless you, and your family,"

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Greetings to all
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »

Hi Doreen,

Welcome to the Forum.  I would encourage you to continue to read the material on Bible-Truths.com and pray that the Lord will give you understanding and peace of mind as you grow spiritually.

Once again, welcome.

Rene'

iris

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:34 AM »

Hi Doreen,

Welcome to the forum.
There's a lot the learn here on Bible-Truths.
Glad your here with us.

Iris

rjsurfs

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 12:30:37 AM »

Welcome!

doreen

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 05:12:53 AM »

Thanks everyone.  I log in to bible-truths at least once a day to read.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »

Doreen,

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you aboard.  There are many wonderful people here as well as great things to learn.  Buckle up, you are in for the journey of your life.  Look forward to getting to know you through your posts and such.  May God bless you and yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

LittleBear

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 10:49:15 AM »

Hi Doreen,

Welcome. There's a lot to learn and ponder here,

Ursula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.