bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIBLE TRANSLATIONS/VERSIONS  (Read 7928 times)

Bev

BIBLE TRANSLATIONS/VERSIONS
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:03:14 AM »

I was reading Ray's article about which Bible translation/version is best. I'm not certain, but I was taught I believe by direct revelation that the best Bible translation/version was and is THE HOLY SPIRIT'S translation. John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. I don't too much worry about Bible versions when the leading of THE HOLY SPIRIT is upon me. I look at how the nation Israel, and then the sanhedrin and in Christ's day scribes and pharisees had original text from original versions and translations and still missed it. I love the KJV, but when led of Holy Spirit, have veered off to other versions. I believe it's all in Him though. For in Him we live, and move, and have our being Acts 17:28.

Anyway, does anyway else have any thoughts on this issue. I don't want anyone to think I'm a charlatan or in the least trying to go against what the boss says  ;D.

IN CHRIST,

Bev

Redbird

Re: BIBLE TRANSLATIONS/VERSIONS
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »

Hi Bev,

Notice the verse says HE WILL GUIDE YOU, the Spirit of truth shall GUIDE us into all truth.  Personally, I prefer the older KJV, because I find the old fashioned thees and thous kind of eloquent.  I do consult modern translations just to compare.  And I believe only through the anointing can we begin to truly understand and discern what is being preached.

1 John 1:27  But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you:  but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1 John 4:6  We are of God:  he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us.  Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Peace to you, Lisa
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:29:29 PM by Redbird »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »

Hi Bev,

I don't think any here (at least to my knowledge) believe Ray is our "boss" or master, I see him as a teacher who has been led by the spirit to help us with understanding His Word, giving us spiritual keys that help to unlock the mysteries within the bible and how prayerful study under the guidance of His Spirit overcomes translation errors.

Here is a bit more from Ray's article;
WHICH BIBLE TRANSLATION IS BEST?

The solution to better understanding the Scriptures and the will of God is not solely a matter of a better translation or a perfect translation. The early church had NO translations—they had the original Greek signatures, and copies of these signatures in the Greek language, which was universally understood throughout much of the Roman Empire—even Egyptians spoke Greek. And yet, the first century was a time of MASS APOSTASY in the church. Here is Scriptural proof:

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them" (Acts 20:29-30).

"HOLD FAST THE FORM OF SOUND WORDS, which you have heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing, which was committed unto you keep by the Holy Spirit which dwells in us. This you know, that ALL THEY WHICH ARE IN ASIA BE TURNED AWAY FROM ME…" (II Tim. 1:13-15).

So, even a perfect translation would not keep carnal men from turning from the Truth.

I have a number of translations. Not because they are all necessary to know the Truths of God, but because now I am a teacher and they are helpful in teaching.

Spend more time "praying and obeying" than looking for that perfect translation and you will make faster progress in your Spiritual walk with God.

You can read the entire article here;

http://bible-truths.com/bible.htm

His Peace to you,

Joe

Redbird

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »

Thank you Joe,

You explained Ray's role as a teacher very well.  That has helped me also.

Your sister in Christ, Lisa

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:38:26 PM by Redbird »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 04:37:05 PM »

Hi Bev,

I don't think any here (at least to my knowledge) believe Ray is our "boss" or master, I see him as a teacher who has been led by the spirit to help us with understanding His Word, giving us spiritual keys that help to unlock the mysteries within the bible and how prayerful study under the guidance of His Spirit overcomes translation errors.

Joe, I concur with the statement you made.

Rene'

snorky

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

Absolutely, Ray is strictly a teacher given that position by God, and someone who has (I believe) been appointed by God to do what he does, to provide a source for helping us to get over Christendom and move us to look at the Bible study with eyes wide open...but I also believe that those who come to Ray's site have already been "seeking" the truth of the Bible, and with Ray's help "finding" it! Honestly I think those who come to Ray's site are there for a reason.

One other thing being to Ray's site has led me to do is to buy (or download if possible) various Bible translations. I used to rely on the King James, but now that I know they mistranslated "anions" into "for ever and ever" meaning "eternity" I know that I need other translations as well, so I got myself a "Concordant Literal New Testament" and use the NRSV as well, which is easier to read and often translates old Greek better than the KJV. I also have a NAB from my Catholic days, a couple of NIVs  that my kids got at VBS years ago, and a "New King James' floating around somewhere. What i do if I can't discern something (according to God's will) I compare what's in the verse to another Bible or to the Concordant if it's new testament. Some like the Rotherham might be hard to get; the Geneva I know if very expensive.

Regardless, if God is leading you in the spirit to discernment, I really don't think it matters that much which one you use. Various versions though might help if you are trying to prove to someone else what Bible Truth is (still, you can't teach someone on your own just like you can't make a horse
drink the water you led hm to.)

Deb aka snorky

gmik

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »

I thought Bev's joke about the "boss" was funny.  She did use the smiley to show she was joking.  Least that was how I took it.

Anyway, I pretty much use the NewKJv just cuz I am used to it and I try to mark in it the errors in translation.  I did buy a concordant and I just can't seem to get the hang of how to read it.

I love to study from e sword so I can put 3 translations up at once and compare-one always being the concordant.

I like the ISA to read the transliteration from Greek.

The Holy Spirit makes a great teacher indeed.  A lot of the time He uses you all tho to teach me and I am greatful.

rjsurfs

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »

Bev,

I am picking up what you are putting down... and you are right on... THE HOLY SPIRIT'S translation.

Good Stuff.

Bobby

GODSown1

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 11:54:58 PM »

Amen to that Bobby,
                             I believe U are right to Bev, & I actually thort wen she says "BosS" she was speaking of the  "Allmighty!" well never mind what do I know lol! takecaRe! alL
    muchLOVE!! Pera

Bev

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »

Hi Lisa,

What you said about,
Personally, I prefer the older KJV, because I find the old fashioned thees and thous kind of eloquent,
that is me to the "T". I love the verses you used in 1st John about us having God's anointing. I believe this may mean we have His spiritual genetics. We don't have to try to be like Him. Over time His Dna/Rna teaches or imparts unto us naturally His spiritual characteristics. We do have to eat though. 1 Peter 2:2 - As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.  It's beautiful being a part of the body of Christ. I've been searching to see if Ray has any articles on the line of God's children having His spiritual genetics. God is love. 1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

IN CHRIST,

Bev

Bev

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »

The solution to better understanding the Scriptures and the will of God is not solely a matter of a better translation or a perfect translation. The early church had NO translations—they had the original Greek signatures, and copies of these signatures in the Greek language, which was universally understood throughout much of the Roman Empire—even Egyptians spoke Greek. And yet, the first century was a time of MASS APOSTASY in the church. Here is Scriptural proof:

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them" (Acts 20:29-30).

"HOLD FAST THE FORM OF SOUND WORDS, which you have heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing, which was committed unto you keep by the Holy Spirit which dwells in us. This you know, that ALL THEY WHICH ARE IN ASIA BE TURNED AWAY FROM ME…" (II Tim. 1:13-15).

So, even a perfect translation would not keep carnal men from turning from the Truth.

I have a number of translations. Not because they are all necessary to know the Truths of God, but because now I am a teacher and they are helpful in teaching.

Spend more time "praying and obeying" than looking for that perfect translation and you will make faster progress in your Spiritual walk with God.

Hello Hillbororiver,

I realize I used a bad choice of words. I should have said spiritual leader rather then boss. I noticed later after I had posted this thread that He said pretty much the same thing in his article, but he went a lot deeper. It's nice to see that we have the same Spirit, but he's just a lot deeper. I just want to make sure for we are admonished. 1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. If someone leading me, I want to make sure they're leading me in the right direction. Believe me I don't mean any offense. I've been down so many roads, and I've jumped on so many bandwagons. It's been hell sometime getting back (deprogrammed and reprogrammed). I just want to make sure this time. Some of us out here have truly been hurt, and I'm not complaining for I know it is God that works all things together for good. I still think that God expects me to learn by doing my research.

IN CHRIST,

Bev

Bev

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 04:13:04 PM »

Gmik,

I thought Bev's joke about the "boss" was funny.  She did use the smiley to show she was joking.  Least that was how I took it.

I didn't want to say to Hillbororiver, but it truly was a joke. It may have been a bit distasteful now that I think about it. I had watched an oldie (fright night) and the one kid said, the boss is going to get you. I silly, I know. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That silly side just comes out sometimes.

Anyway IN CHRIST,

Bev

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 04:14:11 PM »

Bev,

That is great that you are being careful, when I first started studying the teachings of the scripture as Ray taught them, I was very skeptical, then a little scared, then very happy.  I still find new angles on Rays teachings and when a new one is released, I'm looking closely again.

Always be in prayful study.

Blessings

Craig

Redbird

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 04:19:51 PM »

Bev,

Your comments made my day.  I can certainly relate to being down many bumpy roads.  Of which I got an "F" for following directions, but an "A" for effort!

Your sister in Christ,
Lisa

Bev

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »

Bev,

I am picking up what you are putting down... and you are right on... THE HOLY SPIRIT'S translation.

Good Stuff.

Bobby

I thought this was kind of funny. Somebody asked a certain brother of mine, where he could pick up or order this Holy Spirit translation from. I was so tickled. Maybe, I shouldn't have been. But, I'm goofy at times. Pray for me.

Anyway, he thought the guy was joking, but found out that he was serious. He simply told him to read Luke 11:13 - If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? I believe he has to be your father first though before you can ask Him for anything.

IN CHRIST,

Bev

Bev

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 04:28:21 PM »

Amen to that Bobby,
                             I believe U are right to Bev, & I actually thort wen she says "BosS" she was speaking of the  "Allmighty!" well never mind what do I know lol! takecaRe! alL
    muchLOVE!! Pera

See how the Holy Spirit works. Just like at pentecost, one hears one thing, and another hears another thing. We're having a pentecost ;D. I hope I'm not being irreverent. I do take THE WORD seriously. I just get over joyed like David sometimes. I'm not comparing myself to a man though.

Bev

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »

Has anyone ever considered these three verses. Colossians 1:13 - Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: Hebrews 11:5 - By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. Matthew 6:21 - For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Can while our bodies are on this earth, can our heart and spirits be somewhere else dimensionally speaking or realm speaking. I look at some of the things apostle was able to endure. Maybe though his body was here manipulating physical universe with five senses, his spirit (heart) was some where else (the kingdom) manipulating things by spiritual sense (faith). Faith is evidence of things unseen (Hebrew 11:1). No, and I'm not sniffing glue or anything.

Redbird

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 09:07:26 AM »

Dear Bev,

Good Morning you Glue Sniffer, (just kidding!).  I have experienced what you are describing during what has been my hardest and greatest test.  There was a calm and blessed assurance in me that could only have come from God.  One day, I hope to share my story with the forum.  But, as Ray likes to say....."not today". I will say Bible Truths played a big part in my emotional healing and recovery.  Now I know why fellowship is so very important!

Peace in Jesus Christ,
Lisa

GODSown1

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 02:55:43 AM »

WOW!!,
         I just cant wait Lisa sounds exciting!
   muchLOVE!! Pera
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.