bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings To Everyone  (Read 5340 times)

gastonmross

Greetings To Everyone
« on: March 21, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »

I would like to say hello to everyone on this forum.  I am a new member and haven't a clue why I didn't join a while back.  Iv'e been studying and researching most of the topics on this site for roughly a year now.  Bible-truths came up as one of the sites when I was researching these topics.  I am impressed with how well put together and sensible Ray's views on the Scriptures are.  I wish to be able to conversate with others on this forum to discuss and learn THE TRUTH!  I quit going to the church I was attending not quite a year a ago and I actually feel things make a lot more sense now.  My mother and my brother still attend this Wesleyan church.  I've talked about most of these topics quite a bit to both of them.  My mother seems to not want to believe them and only believe what the pastor says.  On the other hand my brother happens to agree with some of the things I have noticed.  My mom did actually stop her tithing back in November, and I don't know if it is what I have said to her or what.  When I learn these things in the scriptures I want to talk to someone else about them and I haven't been able to do so very much, so I'm glad this forum is here.  The reason I started looking doctrines up such as the hell doctrine and so on seems to me have been a gradual thing.  God most certaintly isn't finished with me yet and my spiritual life sometimes is rollercoaster ride.  Around a year ago one day I was extremely down in the dirt.  I was questioning my salvation, Christian doctrines, and most importantly the HELL LIE.  I remember trying to come up with answers to attempt to justify this HEATHEN DOCTRINE but it seemed impossible.  I couldn't stop thinking of all the people in the world that didn't know Christ and were "being cast into HELL"  practically every second.  This got to me deeply and I was the most frightened, defeated, lost, hopeless I have ever been.  Then I started researching the internet and found the doctrine of Universal Reconciliation and then eventually Ray's site.  Several months had passed and my mom had mentioned it to her pastor about the HELL LIE.  He said with great certainty that "I will give him(me) some theological explanations of the doctrine, and oh by the way tell him that there is most definantly a Hell."  The next Sunday I was there and he handed me some papers about Hell and patted me on the back and walked off, such if I was questioning Jesus as the Messiah or something.  Ofcourse I went home and read them.  They were totally nonsrcriptural contradicting trash that preachers throw in the face of millions.  Anyway thats a little about me and I am anxious to keep learning the TRUTH!

MATT

DWIGHT

Re: Greetings To Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »

Hi Matt,

Frightened, defeated, lost and hopless, that sounds like the perfect qualifications for joining this forum.  Welcome my brother in His wonderful name. 

Your brother,

Dwight

gmik

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:36:45 PM »

Ha.  Funny Dwight (but true!)

Welcome, Matt.  Glad you finally joined us.  I love reading how people come to this site.  God is so wonderful.  I just joined to learn more.  I never dreamed it would also be fellowship.  But it is.  Hopefully we all can make the conference to see one another.

rjsurfs

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »

Welcome Matt... you're story is very similar to mine and others I have read in this forum.

iris

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:03:10 PM »

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.
Glad you're here.
Make yourself at home.

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 07:58:44 PM »

Matt,

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to getting to know you through your posts and such.  May God bless you and yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 03:52:41 AM »

Hello Matt

The person who gave you the traditions of men that voids the word of God is storing up wrath for himself. He is blind and like the Jewish Scribes who adored their status above the Truth, at the expense of the Truth, he too will have some corrections to receive in the LOF consuming fire of God. It will be awesome for him when he realises the mistake, the con, the error of idolatry of the heart and the peace that comes when Jesus Christ is on the throne of our hearts. Therein is the family and true unity in Christ, not in the efforts or fruit es of mans carnality or human understanding. God will chose who He will choose and will call many and choose few.

Peace to you as we celebrate HIS truths, His Lamb and His Son who is our Shepherd and who never leaves or forsakes us! His will WILL be done. ALL will be saved!

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 02:43:51 PM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 01:12:22 PM »

Hi MATT

I am glad you have joined us here  :)
I hope you will ask questions as need be.  We have great fellowship here and you can meet people from all over the world.  The sharing is important and helps us in this lonely walk, because we are very few.
Make sure you look around on all the boards to see all that we offer.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 02:06:29 PM »

Greetings to you too Matt.  I am glad that you found us!  I did the same thing that you did; was on the BT site before I even realized that there was a forum, then when I joined, I (like Gena) was amazed that T could have fellowship here too.  I think I read the forum for about two minutes with Anne and then went home and joined it later that evening.  My life has changed for the better too.  I went trhough a year without any fellowship as you did and it got lonely when I would want to share these newly found truths with someone!  You will have no regrets here!  God has blessed each one that is here...the body of Christ (it is great to see THE BODY coming together like missing puzzle peices; we are not going to be complete until we get everyone here that should be here...but, for now, that will be left in HIS hands to lead them to us in HIS timing.) :D

GODSown1

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 11:33:37 PM »

yep! Hi Matt,
                 muchLOVE! brother Im new here to But! U have real OrsuM!! fellowship tho 4suRe!! keep in Touch dude GODBLESS! & be with U alwayZ!!,
                  muchLOVE!! Pera

dogcombat

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »

Hi Matt,

Glad to have you aboard.  Strap yourself in for the ride of your life.

Ches

Nelson

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 04:56:06 PM »

Hi Matt,

Welcome! Christ knows His sheep, and they hear HIS voice. You'll hear His voice regularly here so grab a warm spot on the floor next to His feet and hear the words of our Lord,

• "And it came to pass, in their going on, that he entered into a certain village, and a certain woman, by name Martha, did receive him into her house, and she had also a sister, called Mary, who also, having seated herself beside the feet of Jesus, was hearing the word...but of one thing there is need, and Mary the good part did choose, that shall not be taken away from her" (Lu 10:38,39,42)

Plenty of room here Matt, sit ye down and choose the good part, Christ is all we need.

Love, grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 05:46:32 PM »

Hi Matt

WELCOME!

Sandie x
Walk in the Spirit

gastonmross

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »

I thank all of you for being so kind.  I pray that God will give us strength to continue to read the Scriptures for what they truly mean.

skydreamers

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 02:18:43 AM »

Hi Matt!  Glad you found the forum.      It's such a joy to learn that there really are others who desire and strive to know the truth no matter what the cost.  We may not have all the answers, but we're all digging!  Welcome!

Peace,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.