bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ressurection?  (Read 5970 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Ressurection?
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »

Hi Ray,

Phew! Am I glad to find you! You know, I actually had common sense about God, Jesus and The Gospels before embarking on my 'prodigal daughter' journey of return via the plethora of 'christian' websites out there.  I know what you're up against and it was a tremendous relief to see you echo some of the doubts I had about their slant on God's and Jesus' words and meaning.  I'm a newbie to your site and have tons of material to explore.  I love the fact that you're plain old Ray the roofer and have taken so much care in researching that which you love and sharing these insights with all of us. You show that ignorance is no excuse; if you can come to the truth then anyone can with due diligence; the genuine article will always expose the fakes.  Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be answered is the truest and simplest statement for me and the greatest service you are providing is pulling people out of that unspeakable fire of eternity myth wh ich I never believed but had such a hard time with this as a reality over the past few months. As you say, it is impossible for anyone to grasp the concept of eternity let alone the horrors of never-ending torment.

If I do not find the answer to this question on your website, you'll know and can perhaps tell me.

When Jesus appeared to Mary after his resurrection in the form of a gardener, he told her not to touch him as he had yet to be sanctified by the Father.  Why would he instruct her not to touch the physical body of the gardener? Or is this another mistranslation?

Renewed thanks and appreciation.

Dear Serena:
    It was NOT the gardener. At first they "thought" it was the gardener, but it really was Jesus, and Mary knew that it was Jesus when she said: "Rabboni: which is to say, Master. Jesus said unto her, touch Me not...." (Luke 20:16 & 17). My King James Margin says for "touch"--"Do not CLING to Me."  They WERE touching Him--they were HANGING ON TO HIM AND WOULDN'T LET HIM GO.  Matt. 28:9 explains it further: "And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail.  And they came and HELD HIM BY THE FEET, and worshipped Him."

God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.