bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trials  (Read 4644 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Trials
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »

Dear Ray,

I’ve seen many people struggle with issues of child abuse and evil.

I was raped at 10 years old. I blocked out the memory completely to cope with it.

The rape caused the sin of immorality in my life. This sin, which I could not conquer on my own, caused the church to reject me.

This sin, which I could not conquer on my own, showed me the beast within me.

After seeing the beast within I began seeking God in a new way knowing I needed a savior.

Seeking God led me to find truth concerning God’s sovereignty and caused total dependence on him to save me from sin and death.

The truths that I learned set me free from the sin of immorality and many other issues and damage and sin from other causes.

The truths I learned set me free from the yoke that the church put upon me that was the yoke of slavery to a teaching that could not free me.

I learned about no free will and the sovereignty of God and walked alone with my brother for 15 years. God did not choose to teach us anything new for 10 years. I cried out to God in prayer to lead me to a teacher if there was anyone in this world who teaches truth. 2 weeks later I found bibletruths.com and learned so much more from your papers and found more brothers and sisters.

I do not have a God that stands by helplessly watching his children tortured by evil.

I have a God that is all powerful and all loving. He is in control of everything and causes all to fulfill his perfect plan and purpose.

I do not speak lightly of my faith in God’s sovereignty. My husband took his own life when I was very young. My children were tortured by an evil man who was just caught by homeland security for his crimes against children for 30 years. My 13 year old grandson has suffered for 6 years with chronic daily migraines and is disabled by them. My son has struggled with addiction for 20 years. I’ve suffered with PTSD and had severe panic attacks for 10 years when I was young.

God uses all of it to drag me to him. He refines me through fire. He wounds and he heals. God did not let me deny the truth and go on as I was. He continues to teach me and circumcises my heart through painful, fiery trials. Circumcision is painful.

Being saved is very hard, but his plan is perfect.

1 Peter 4

1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

2That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

God bless you Ray and thank you,

Robin

Dear Robin:

Thank you for sharing your trials and successes with us. It sounds like you have a good idea about what life and its trials are all about.  We pray that more will see the hand of God in their lives, with the good and the bad.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.