bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 4475 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Thank You
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:29:56 PM »

Ray,

My name is Jeff, and recently "converted" to Universalism after growing up in the "Faith" movement. You know the drill: non-denominational, spirit-filled, believe in healing, speaking in tongues, name it and claim it, blab it and grab it, ect. I grew up a pastor's kid, or "PK" as I was sometimes called. My parents still pastor a small church.

I first heard of Universalism 2 years ago. I went to Rhema Bible Training Center in Broken Arrow, OK,  graduating in 1995 in the Helps Ministry. Carleton Pearson was the speaker at my graduation ceremony.

Let's jump ahead to 2005. I had done nothing in the ministry in all those years. I instead experienced great internal turmoil that only grew greater the older I got, and it was all rooted in the doctrine of hell.

Then my mom mentioned how Bishop Pearson had gone "off"...and now believed everyone would end up in heaven!

Something JUMPED inside of me. That was the beginning of a spiritual and mental healing that continues to this day.

I LOVE your website. At first I thought you came off too sarcastic, but as you've pointed out in other letters, Jesus was quite the master at sarcasm Himself!
A few months ago I finally, ahem, "came out", for lack of a better term. I have told my family and friends that I now believe what the Bible says-that Jesus IS the Saviour of the world! In my zeal I thought I could easily point out the proof to them, and then we could all link arms and buy the world a Coke or something...
Reality? Oh, so frustrated. I guess I deserve it, for all the years of serving myself and running from God (and my parent's prayers).

Now I'm serving God, and every one is happy about that - but worried about how I've gone "off". No one wants to hear what I have to say. No one will give it a second thought. They are happy to swallow what has been fed without praying or thinking about it FOR THEMSELVES.
No one cares that Universalism was the prevailing doctrine until the 5th century by the 4 of 6 schools of Christianity. No one cares that the one that taught eternal torture, the one in Rome, which is now known as the Catholic Church, incorporated hundreds of pagan doctrines into Christianity, INCLUDING HELL. No one cares that hell as we know it is a PAGAN concept! No one cares that within 5 years of the church counsel in Rome condemning Universalism as heresy, the dark ages started, lasting for about 1000 years.

No one cares to search the original Greek and Hebrew for themselves. If they did, they couldn't doubt what I've been saying! I feel like screaming from a mountaintop, "I'M STANDING ON GOD'S WORD HERE PEOPLE!" I don't believe in Universal Salvation DESPITE scripture, but BECAUSE of scripture! No one cares that IN EVERY CASE of the word "forever" being used in connection with the word "hell", it is a Greek word meaning "an age". NOT FOREVER! No one cares that IN EVERY CASE when the word "fire" is used in connection with the word "hell", it is the SAME Greek word used to describe the fire of God, i.e. Refiner's fire, our God is a consuming fire, ect.!!!!
No one cares about the over 600 verses of the Bible that refer, in one way or the other, to Universal Salvation.
You know what everyone does care about? Sinners getting their just desserts so they can gloat over having made the right choice. Oh, they would never say that. But I'm very positive of the anger I have perceived at the thought of someone else getting to go to Heaven if they didn't serve God in this life. Never mind that they will go through possibly MILLIONS of years of correction before they are ready to bow and confess. Ages are not enough, only an eternity of physical torture.
I'm going to start praying that God remove the blinders. We Christians have been slandering His reputation to the world for centuries. To me, it's so plain that I can't fathom why EVERYONE doesn't see it.

Ray...your the best. You probably get this alot (along with alot of hate mail, too), but your letters are so helpful, intelligent, witty and personal that I feel like you've become a friend of mine!

God Bless you in all you do...

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.