bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Landing  (Read 5922 times)

Snowfire

The Landing
« on: March 23, 2007, 03:43:45 AM »

A pilot, caught in strong cross-winds, unfortunately hammered his ship onto the runway with a very hard and loud bang.
The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the exit door while the passengers disembarked, smile and repeat "Thanks for flying with our airline."
The pilot tried to avoid eye contact in an attempt to avoid any smart comments that might result for the bumpy landing. Finally there was only one little old lady left to exit. Walking slowly up the aisle with a cane, she approached the awaiting first officer and said "Sir do you mind if I ask you a question?" "Why of course not Mam" replied the pilot, "What is it?"
"Well there’s just one thing I need to clarify," said the old lady, "Did we land, or were we shot down?"

rick

Re: The Landing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »

Ive been shot down more than once. know how it feels...........rick

iris

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 10:43:53 PM »

;D  :D  ;D 

Iris

gmik

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 12:26:18 AM »

Yikes.  I will be on a plane next week!   Don't go getting me all worried or anything!!! :o

(just teasing ya)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 05:45:29 PM »

Nice one Snowfire. ;D

What does DELTA Airlines stand for. Don't Ever Leave The Airport!

G....hope you aren't flying Delta! If so...don't panic...was just kidding!...God is in charge! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 11:31:27 PM »

Arc:   I hadn't flown in over 35 years.  Too scary and no $$$ w/ the kids and all, but mostly fear!

After finding the truth about God's Will, no free will, and the real truth about death:

We flew last year (not delta ;)) and I didn't even use the Xanax my doctor had given me.

So next week for Spring Break we are flying to Florida!  I don't even think about the "fear" of it.  How liberating is God's Word.

iris

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 11:51:15 PM »

That's great Gena, I hope you and yours have a great time in Florida.

Iris

seeker1

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 03:21:34 AM »

People are so hard to please, any landing you can walk away from is a good one. LOL

Sign in a parachute packing shop. "we're the last to let you down"   "We never get complaints"

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 03:48:50 AM »

Good one Seeker1 :D

Gena...that is great. I had the privilege of flying the Concord from NY to London. At the top height you could see a band of dark and it was day time. It was awesome what God has permitted man to discover! I realised that even in the day time, the earth is in darkness and cradled in watchfully still and glorious night sky above our daytime oblivion! The stars are always shining even in the day time you just can not see them but fly the Concord and you get a glimpse of what Space trip might look like. Destination. The moon. Time of departure lunch time noon. ETA into the vast expanse of Gods night..some seconds immediately after take off countdown ....Like taking off at lunch time and entering Gods dark sacred night moments later! 8)

It was amaizing! 8)

Peace to you

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 03:51:11 AM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 04:38:22 AM »

I HOPE YOU HAVE AGOOD TIME IN Fla. Gena!

Artutus, that is an intresting sight, I have never seen it or dreamed of that scenario.

When I was on a plane from NYC to Dahran, Saudi Arabia, we had flown over the Red Sea and passed over the Western Coast
of Saudi Arabia; I took a pix of 'crossing the Red Sea' (like the exodus), I gave it to Daniel to show during his culture fair presentation of Saudi Arabia.  It is one of my favorite pictures.  (Of course I was air sick for abou 16 of the 18 hr trip over there...I was sprawled out on the floor of the stewardesses cabin up above the rest of the people...they were sweet and gave me ginger ale and bananas..(Imagine that, being on a 747 plane with nothing but doctors, nurses, and all sorts of medical personell only and no one had dramamine for me! :-\)
_) 
I was a medic for an elite 6 member group of Military Parachutists and we would get at the 12,000 foot height in an open helecopter and right before they would jump out they would say..."Doc, did ya bring your spatula..."! ;D :D  Then the pilot would freak me out by landing on the runway on his skids as if he were an airplane with wheels; of course they arn't supposed to do that to the skids of a helecopter, they wee suposed to just land onto the ground...oh well, he loved doing that! :o

My brother is about 6ft 4 in tall and he just retired from the ARMY, but  he was the one that would push you out of the perfectly good airplane (He was a Master Blaster...or a Master Jump Master....)  After the soldiers would look at him they would decide to jump instead of have to deal with his wrath. ;) :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 05:06:49 AM »

That is a funny way to describe your brother Susan.  ;D My brother is also over six foot and he is a Karate champion. He is in NY at the moment for a special world wide gathering of the masters who share their techniques with each other and generally gather for a closed meeting of some sort. It sure is amazing the different paths our Lord has lead us through!

There is a Chinese saying that comes to mind regarding parachuting. Mind like parachute...no good if not open!....I used to like that worldy saying until I learnt that the mind can also be no good if too open!!!! ;D

Peace to you

gmik

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 10:51:03 AM »

Thanks Iris.  I liked the smilie but need your avatar!!!! :)

Seeker, that was funny- which is why I can't imagine me EVER wanting to use one!

Arc & Susan- great stories!!!

Happy Sunday morning to you all! (even w/ diff. time zones :D)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »

Ah, I like that saying alot Arcturus ( will email my brother withit :D)... ;D..."mind (AND HEART) not good if too open or not open enough."  I love those ancient Chinese secrets too ;)

The only one I use nowadays in on my little boy..."you order, you eat..." :P :P ;)

That is really neat about your brother and his karate: Daniel has been in Karate now for about 7 months and he has already received his third belt.  His style is Kenami Ru, which is a unique combination of alot of the traditional ones mixed as well as unique others that his instructor came up with.  When my nephew was in the Military in Japan, he was personally invited into a very elite family's group of martial arts (which has only had one other American invited in, and he got all kinds of offers from American karate' associations to become an honorary top member just for having been trained by this particular family.)   

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.