bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer request for my daughter  (Read 10914 times)

PKnowler

Prayer request for my daughter
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:17:18 PM »

I would like to ask for prayer for my oldest daughter Brooke. She has had many health problems in her life.
She is 26 years old and she is 4 months pregnant. This is her 3rd pregnancy, the other 2 were miscarried. The doctor said that she probably wouldn't get pregnant because of the high dose of meds they have her on because of the cancer but if she did she could lose the baby. They have adjusted the medication since finding out she is pregnant though but I would like prayers for my grandbaby.

She had surgery to have her thyroid removed because of cancer 5 years ago.

She has suffered with Endometriosis which has cause excruciatingly painful cycles for her that leaves her incapacitated and throwing up because of pain every month.

She has had problems with depression to the point of suicidal thinking.

She has had a problem for many years and taken many trips to the doctor because of the pain and the doctors always told her nothing was wrong. Well she has finally been been diagnosed, it's called interstitial cystitis (IC). IC is a chronic bladder problem that can cause pain and other symptoms. People with IC can have an inflamed and irritated bladder. It feels like a urinary tract infection with the urgency, pain and burning. But there is no infection so that's why the doctors said there was nothing wrong.

IC can lead to:

* scarring and stiffening of the bladder
    * less bladder capacity
    * bleeding in the bladder

It can damage the bladder if it is not treated which is my daughters fear. The IC has become worse since she has become pregnant and she has gotten no relief from the pain for 3 weeks now. Normally it would flair up and last a few days then go away for a while. There are a few things they can do to help but not while she is pregnant so she is suffering in pain. She calls me and tells me she doesn't know if she can handle it anymore. Which causes me a lot of stress. It grieves me that she's suffering and because I know she suffers from depression and I have already lost one child to suicide.

She works at a bank and has taken alot of time off because of the pain and she really needs to keep this job because of the insurance, not only for the pregnancy but because of the treatment for her cancer. She needs regular scans that cost over 10k each.

Her co workers tease her when she heads towards the bathroom and say stuff like: does it burn!
And... maybe they make Depends in a cute thong.

There are other problems but those are the most crucial.

I would really appreciate your prayers for her and her unborn baby.

Thank you!
~Paula

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:30:31 PM by PKnowler »

DWIGHT

Re: Prayer request for my daughter
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »

Hi Paula,

I will pray for her, the baby and you.  I feel your pain and know what you must be going through.  God bless you and yours.

Your brother,

Dwight

Robin

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »

I will be praying for all of you Paula and the baby.

You know I'm in a similar situation with my son and my grandson. I know the fear and pain that can be involved. I was unable to say the words God's will be done until this month. My husband's suicide made that very hard for me because God's will scared me after that. So after 30 years I was finally brought to such helplessness this month that I could say the words God's will be done.

I also pray that God's will be done in your life and your daughter's life and the baby's life and that he gives us all enough faith and grace to endure.

Many hugs and prayers,
MG

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 06:53:36 PM »

Hi Paula,

I will pray for God to give you strength and faith,
and I will pray for your daughter's suffering and that precious life she is carrying.
My heart goes out to you all.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rj

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »

I will be praying for you, and your family Paula

rj

iris

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 09:24:42 PM »

Paula,

You and your family will be in my prayers.
May God give you all the strength to get through this.

Iris

gmik

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 11:47:45 PM »

Oh, dear Paula, know that I will be praying for you & Brooke & the baby. I am so at a loss to know what to say.  It breaks my heart that someone as young as Brooke has had such trials. Tell Brooke we love her and want the best for her.  We can love her w/o knowing her, because we love you Paula. 

rk12201960

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 08:38:33 AM »

Hi Paula,
I read you letter yesterday before I went to work. sorry I didn't reply but I have and will continue to pray for you and your family.

Blessings love and peace to you and yours.
Your brother
Randy.

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 10:44:37 AM »

Dear Paula,

I'm so sorry what you and your daughter are going through.
I will pray for both of you and your grandbaby that God will carry you through this and His presence be close to you.
I know someone who has interstitial cystitis, and it is a debilitating condition. She has to catheterize herself a few times a day.

Much love to you,

Ursula

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:39:39 PM »

Oh dear sis!  I am so sorry about all of these trials that both of you are going through.  You are definately in my prayers, as well as baby!.  It pains me that you all are suffering like this; as I know that you have your plate full already.   And shame on those at work for beign so calloused, how rude!   (Bless your heart.)   We are all here to help you to carry your burdens right now Paula, we are family and as such we stand behind you and we will lift all of up before the Lord, THE GREAT PHYSICIAN!...Try to just give your cares to HIM because OUR HEAVENLY FATHER CARES SO MUCH FOR YOU ALL!   Tell your daughter (and yourself) that God will NOT give her more than she can bear, although it obvioulsy feels like it's too much right now;

JUST KEEP FEEDING HER GOOD WORDS AND THIS WILL HELP HER DEPRESSION...

(PROVERBS 15:13)- A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow (depressed) of the heart the spirit is broken.
Much love to you sweet sister!   

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »

Hi Paula,

You, your daughter & family are in my prayers.

His Peace and Comfort to you,

Joe

PKnowler

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »

I wanted to thank you all for your support and prayers! I feel the love!  :)
Thank you all for caring. I am very blessed by this fellowship. God does
give me grace to handle what I am going through but we do need and appreciate
your prayers.

My daughter is not walking with God which grieves me but the other day
she said something like - maybe I should go to church. (She doesn't understand that
I haven't been going to church but she does know how important God is in my life.)

Anyways I told her it would be good to seek God that a lot of times He uses crisis in our life
to bring us to our knees and draw us to Him.

My husband deals with chronic pain. He has Reiters Syndrome which
is a form of degenerative arthritis. Sometimes the pain brings him to tears but his pain draws
him to God.  He says "where else am I going to turn." He feels a special closeness to God when
he is in pain. He says it is much like a child seeking out their parent when they've been hurt.

Well You all have a Blessed Day!

~Paula  :)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 04:26:30 PM by PKnowler »

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »

You and your family are in ours prayers Paula

God Bless
Sandie x
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 07:37:09 PM »

Hello Paula

The precious presence of Christ and wisdom of compassion shines through these words of yours : Anyways I told her it would be good to seek God that a lot of times He uses crisis in our life
to bring us to our knees and draw us to Him.

My husband deals with chronic pain. He has Reiters Syndrome which
is a form of degenerative arthritis. Sometimes the pain brings him to tears but his pain draws
him to God.  He says "where else am I going to turn." He feels a special closeness to God when
he is in pain. He says it is much like a child seeking out their parent when they've been hurt.

Paula, God will work all things to good because you love Him. Thank you for sharing your pain and vulnerability with us all.

May His peace strengthen you, His wisdom continue to lead you and His love continue to carry you on His wings as you hold on to your family through these trials and agonies you are sharing with your saviour.

You are blessed.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

PKnowler

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 11:46:41 PM »

I got an email from my daughter today. She sent me a link she wanted me to look at.
She said "mom I want you to know how it really feels to have IC. It's about a lady
who struggled with IC for years until she couldn't take it anymore.

http://www.barryyeoman.com/articles/ic.html 

Once again my daughter is sending me a message.  :'(
And there isn't anything I can do to make it better.

~Paula

Robin

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 12:59:10 AM »

Has she tried the medication they mention Paula?

I went through this with my 13 year old grandson this month. He was not coping with his migraines and became suicidal. He would not get up out of bed or leave his room. I know what it's like to be helpless to help. We took him in and started Prozac and that helped him cope better again.

I cried out to God on his behalf since he doesn't know yet how to cry out himself. I don't know if that was right, but it's all I have. This is what taught me to once again say thy will be done, thy will be done, thy will be done. It also showed me that we have a mediator who cares as much for us.

I will continue to pray for your daughter.

Robin

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 06:28:58 AM »

Here is a message forum that may help your daughter cope. Sometimes just knowing you're not alone helps so much.

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/

Here is the main site.

http://www.ic-network.com/

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 06:35:25 AM »

Helplessness is part of the process of leaning into Christ to find out and experience that He is our self sufficiency....but why does it have to be so painful (Rhetorical question...we know why...the contrast is great and the purification of our faith as gold is tried in a furnace.)

I think those websites for your daughter could be most helpful that MG gave to you Paula.

You are in my thoughts and I feel for you and your family....I too feel quite useless and helpless so my words to you come straight back to me.............for my own edification!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

PKnowler

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »

Thank you M.G. and Arcturus and everyone else who is praying.
Your prayers and concern means a lot!

M.G. I have already checked into that website. It's a great site with a lot of info.
I signed up myself so I could read the messages and learn something that might help.
I was encouraged by the post. I have given the website to my daughter and she is
afraid to join. She said she doesn't want to read horror stories of people having their
bladder removed and all the medications people have to take.

It's true, to function people with IC have to take alot of meds and then have a back
up of strong narcotics on top of all the other drugs they take for when a flare up happens.

She can't take the medication they recommend while she is pregnant and she quit taking
the antidepressants when she got pregnant. The best way to control this disease while she is
pregnant and otherwise is through diet. They give her a list of things she can't eat that
causes the flair ups. Mainly the diet restricts acid producing foods, which is a lot of foods.

I went to see her yesterday and she hadn't eaten all day- (that's her way of being on the diet)
and she had taken 6 Tylenol with codeine. She looked drugged. I got so mad! I told her
she has to take care of this baby and eat and not take so many pain meds. She said it kept
hurting so she took more and more. I know that she normally wouldn't be like this, she would
care for her baby but this pain has her crazy!

M.G. I'm sorry to hear about your grandson. I pray he can find some relief for his migraines.
It is so hard to know that people are in suffering and in pain.

But we have the blessed hope:
Romans 8:18
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be
revealed in us.

Yes Arcturus, we need to be helpless and lean on Christ. It is all a process of dying to ourself
Gal 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

M.G. while I ask for relief for my daughters pain & suffering I say with you- Thy Will Be Done.
God give us grace and mercy to go through what you have for us to go through and
thank you that you do. Amen!

Blessings, Paula  :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:32:37 PM by PKnowler »

gmik

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 05:47:44 PM »

Thanks for the update Paula.

Prayers continuing....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.