bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding?  (Read 4982 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Understanding?
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:31:13 PM »

Mr. Ray

I have not read all of your articles, just the ones important to me at this time which is the lake of fire stuff.  I could not defend my understanding with the Word of God if you paid me too, although I really want to.  Most of what I have read rings true in my heart, not  because I understand all the systems of interpretation, but because the God we serve is Almighty, He can do whatever He wants and does not need the consent of man to do so and I do believe it is Gods Will for ALL to have eternal life, and He is able to perform it.  My problem is sharing my belief with others on the matter of hell fire (and other matters too), as a matter of fact most of what I have been taught concerning hell is wrong, I can’t prove it, I just know it.  It’s strange that reasoning would determine that in order for a soul to bur n eternally in fire that soul must first be immortal, I have not found any scripture that even infers that the souls of evil and wicked people would be made immortal in order to be punished for eternity.  A lot of my understanding on scriptural matters seem to come from a deep knowing within, its fru strating when I read or hear something and for some reason I know that its wrong, yet I cannot explain why it is.  Then when I come across sites such as yours, my understanding becomes a bit clearer,  for that I thank you.

What would you suggest I do to help me have better understanding of Godly things because just a “knowing or feeling” that something is wrong is not enough, I must be able to give an answer for what I believe.

Thanks

BH

Dear BH:

The more you understand God's Truths, the more you will be able to explain them to others. We don't expect that people will casually read the material on our site and become expert teachers on the subject in short order. It takes many years of study AND MEDITATION to fully comprehend even the basic of the doctrines of Christ. I meditate virtually all of the time. I THINK about the Word of God, day and night. And in my meditation, God gives me flashes of spiritual insight, as He did just minutes ago while I was sitting in my bedroom. A simple truth, yet very profound. One that I have never heard expounded by anyone in my life. Maybe I will share this one at our Nashville Conference.

One thing you can do, is as you read a doctrinal paper, when you come to what is a profound thought and a profound Scripture regarding it, WRITE IT DOWN or at least make a margin notation in your Bible. These will become key Scriptures for you as you grow in grace and knowledge. And when the need arises, you will be able to quote the Scripture, find it in the Bible,and explain the concept to others. Don't try to memorize all the facts and all the Scriptures, not even I can do that with my own writings.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.