bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABC NEWS TODAY: Philanthropic Donations....  (Read 7228 times)

rjsurfs

LittleBear

Re: ABC NEWS TODAY: Philanthropic Donations....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:22:17 AM »

Hi Bobby,

It's hard to know what to say, but it's really sick. With all the publicity now exposing these ministries, I wonder why people continue to give to them.
Thanks for posting this.

Ursula

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 10:41:13 AM »

With all the publicity now exposing these ministries, I wonder why people continue to give to them.

Because, subconsciously they think they are buying their way into heaven.

Craig

hebrewroots98

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »

Sickening as usual.  I read the whole thing and...low and behold, my husbands' company here in Texas is called TRINITY INDUSTRIES (which is all throughout Texas)...IT IS A CEMENT COMPANY THAT IS A SUBSIDARARIE OF YOU GUESSED IT...TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK (whose central location is in the DALLAS/FT. WPORTH AREAS HERE.!!!..(So, apparently, TBN is involved in more than just Ministries...)  We are talking SEVERAL BRANCHES OF  businesses that have branched off from TBN that are making them LOTS of green! :-\

gmik

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 07:05:35 PM »

Thanks for that link.  I just e mailed it to some folks.

DWIGHT

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »

Unbelievable,

Leonard criticizes the Crouch's lifestyle, noting that "we would expect that [in] most Christian ministries, the leadership should have some degree of sacrifice. You want to see that. Jesus lived a life of sacrifice."

"It's the Devil"

Paul Crouch, however, disagrees. In the past, he has fired back, charging that "these critics want us to be humble and be poor like Jesus. … Let me tell you how subtle that is from Satan himself. If God's people are poor as Job's turkey, who's going to pay to send the gospel to the ends of the earth?"

Jan Crouch has expressed similar feelings, saying that "It's the devil, it's Satan. If he has said don't give, hey, you're listening to the wrong side.  >:( :(

Dwight

iris

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 12:00:32 AM »

I read the whole thing.
It is so sad that people
give so much to them.

Iris

seeker1

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 03:11:47 AM »

Charity Watch is another good info source. As to be expected anything associated with Billy Graham is strictly first rate and above board. I may now disagree with some of their theology, but they are honest and frugal. Franklin Graham's "Samaritans Purse" gives away about 250 million a year if I remember rightly. Their overhead budget is usually less than 3%. Sometimes 00% because they keep an emergency fund which draws interest and helps pay overhead.

TBN makes me ashamed to be a human, much less a Christian..

rjsurfs

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »

When I posted this link I was not even sure how to comment on it... I did read it to my wife and we talked about it some.

I find it sad that those who donate believe they have a god that would either require such a thing for his attention or be dumb enough to be bought out like that. 

One thing that struck me about the Crouch's statements... and I have never met a church pastor that was any different... they won't tolerate being questioned, challenged, or even given a hint that they may be wrong about anything.  They demand to be right(eous).  I think Ray has done a great job using God's very word to expose them for who they are... Fools, Hypocrites, Snakes.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 05:54:32 PM »

Mark 10 : 24,25 ...Jesus said to them again Children, how hard it is for those who trust, place their confidence, their sense of safety in riches to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle that for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 05:55:50 PM by Arcturus »

gmik

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 10:26:29 PM »

Well, I should have known....someone just e mailed that I had sent the link to to not bother them w/ this kind of junk...when will I learn....eyes have to be opened by God!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »

NO G

On the contrary... ;D..you are earning merit points for persecution received!  :D ;D Good job sister!
Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »

Blessings & thanks Arc :D

snorky

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 02:01:34 AM »

Saw it on 20/20 last week. Stossel is one of the good ones as far as the mainstream media goes. But as for the folks who give these hucksters all that money, I guess they figure it's like the old days of selling indulgences...they figure give Crouch a $1,000 and get ten years off "their time in hell" or something!

Deb aka snorky

dogcombat

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »

Truly sick and pathetic panderings from the Crouches, Copelands, etc.  God has blinded their eyes.  And as the blind follow the blind both shall fall into the ditch.

Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.