bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peddling the Word  (Read 5031 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Peddling the Word
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:41:04 AM »

Hi Ray,

Let me say at the outset, I highly regard your viewpoint on things.  I think you have a lot of wisdom that the majority of Christians don't have, and you've opened my eyes up to many things that I was in the dark about.

My question is, in view of the verse in 2 Corinthians 2:17 that says not to peddle the word of God for a profit, do you think it's wrong to sell, say, a book you've written about end time prophecy or any other number of insights you might glean from the bible?  Just wondering, because in 1 Corinithians 9:14, Paul seems to be saying that it's okay to make your living from the gospel, though I tend to lean more toward the fact that he's talking about taking from the offering and not charging for service.

Thank you,
        Michelle

Dear Michelle:
        Certainly Paul was speaking of having a place to sleep at night and food to eat when he made that statement, as did Jesus.  However, it is not a sin to receive a salary for being a full-time pastor or aid in any ministry. No one takes a salary from the contributions to our ministry, although we have expenses: printing [not everyone has a computer], postage, office, Bible Conferences, telephone, cable service, etc.

There is a difference in being aided in your ministry, as opposed to selling the gospel.  I have been approached many times about writing my material in books, documentaries, etc. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is with SELLING THEM.  Jesus said "freely your have received; FREELY GIVE."  Therefore I do not "sell" the gospel.

People get rich on selling religion. Jesus did not intend for anyone to get rich on selling what He freely has given us.And I am sure you are not expecting to get rich, but you know what I mean. I firmly believe that if God wants our materials and teachings out there, then He will provide the ways and means without us having to go against Jesus' instructions.  Living necessities and expenses for teaching the gospel, YES:  Selling our services to the highest bidder or charging for the gospel message, NO!

There is also this aspect:  Are your prophecies and teachings Scripturally sound?  Besides, I thought that Jack Van Impe already knows virtually everything there is to know about prophecy?  He can and has and does explain every aspect of prophecy from A to Z. And everything Jack teaches is FOR SALE.  Okay, maybe he was wrong about a few minor predictions, like Jesus Christ returning in 1996.

God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.