bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5190 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: March 24, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »

Dear Ray,

After reading your Lake of Fire series, I think I am finally beginning to get it. The importance of understanding the myth of free will and how it links to the heresy of eternal hellfire is beginning to come clear. Christendom simply cannot “justify” hell if we don’t have free will. Without free will their sick god becomes an even sicker monster.

Well DUH!!

For me, this realization now adds clarity to what seems to be another difficult point of contention for many of your readers. The question is NOT “why does God allow evil and preordain the acts of evil people”. That is a question based on a wrong assumption (allowing evil and preordaining acts of evil); therefore the proper answer can never be achieved. God does not “allow” it. He created it for a purpose, and He frames it under His will for that purpose.       

I have an analogy which I believe is not too far from reality. I see God as the Ultimate Mathematician. His creation is under the influence of a Grand Equation which He devised and set into motion. Like it or not, evil is part of that equation. God knows the entire series of results in that formula and he knows the ultimate outcome. God has total foreknowledge of everything because He is quite able to read through His own equation from beginning to end.     

You need not respond to this email unless you care to or feel the need to correct something I have written. I just felt the urge to contact you.

Thank you Ray, you are a blessing. I look forward to your next installment.

Mike

Dear Mike:

Your analogy is fine, albeit I would be sure to add plenty of love and emotion to the mix, lest we think they are not also necessary ingredients of the formula. Yes, free will may be the strongest delusion in all Christendom--in the whole world for that matter.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.