bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE IS THE CHURCH THAT JESUS BUILT  (Read 5627 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
WHERE IS THE CHURCH THAT JESUS BUILT
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »

I just started to read the article   WHERE IS THE CHURCH THAT JESUS BUILT, and noticed your opening sentence

Let’s see just how the "gates of hell" have been attempting to annihilate the Church of God ever since its inception. And maybe even more important to my readers: Will everyone in the Church that Jesus built be in the first resurrection and rule and reign with Him in His kingdom? I will state right here, that the majority which make up the Seven Churches of Revelation will, most assuredly not, be in the first resurrection

I understand that totally different.

"I will build MY CHURCH and the gates of hell [hades/ unseen/ grave] shall not prevail [be prevailing] against it" (Matt. 16:18).

To me means that the gates of hell will not stand the onslaught of the church.

IE The church is on the offenses and the gates of hell in the defense ?

Just a comment.

Dear Stephen:

My American Heritage College Dictionary gives as the first definition of "prevail:  To be greater in strength or influence; TRIUMPH."

Now then, will hell [Greek "hades"] "triumph" over the Church?

"O death, where is your sting? O grave [Greek: "HADES"] WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY [triumph]?" (I Cor. 15:55).

No, hades will have no victory, and the reason why is given in the previous verse: "Death is swallowed up in victory" (Ver. 54).

And not only is this true for the Church, but for all humanity who never knew anything of a Church of Christ:  "And death and HELL [Gk: hades] were cast into the lake of fire. This IS the second DEATH" (Rev. 20:15).

Couple these Scriptures with I Cor. 15:26--"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death," and you have: hades = total failure; church = total victory!

I like my comment better than your comment.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.