bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: borh again ?  (Read 4781 times)

chav

borh again ?
« on: March 24, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »

Hi All
I have  spent the last thirty plus years believing firstly that I was both 'born again' and 'saved' I now realise that my current status is now 'none of the above', rather I am currently being saved (hopefully) and that being born again only occurs for the elect in the Kingdom.
So if I haven't been born again or saved yet , what has actually happened to me ? For instance If someone asks me whether I am one of those born again Christians, or how long have I been saved, how do I now answer?
What happened to me all those years ago when my eyes were opened and  I first confessed Christ
Dave

Deborah-Leigh

Re: borh again ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 06:40:12 PM »

Hello Dave

What happened to you is that you were, all those years ago, precisely in the PLAN of God for your life. You "confessed" Christ, and then mistakenly, as are millions of other, you thought you were saved and born again.

What is important now is you know the truth. Following Christ is a life time process not an eleven minute sinners prayer. Only the faithful to the end inherit election to the rank and status that Christ shares with the chosen of God.

I suggest if someone asks you if you are born again answer as you yourself have beautifully said : I have  spent the last thirty plus years believing firstly that I was both 'born again' and 'saved' I now realise that my current status is now 'none of the above', rather I am currently being saved (hopefully) and that being born again only occurs for the elect in the Kingdom.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »

Ha.  That's funny.

The beliefs of Christendom ARE opposite of the truth.

It depends on who is doing the asking.  Yes, I am being born again (with scripture handy) or I believe the Bible or I believe that Jesus is Son OfGod etc....How deep into it can you go? Is there time?  Are they just asking or do they REALLY want to know.

My father just moved into our town after 13 years retirement in Tenn.  He "got saved" 13 years ago!  He hasn't asked anything yet and I haven't volunteered any info, but he is assuming I'm sure that I am still in church.  He is 80 and unless I am really sure the Lord is leading, I am not going to say anything.  I am sure it will have to come out but until then...I sort of resort back to young, silly daughter around him..so I won't deal w/ it unless I have to... ::)

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:21:44 PM »

Hi Dave,

What happened to me all those years ago when my eyes were opened and  I first confessed Christ

You were called!

Matthew 22:14 MKJV
14  For many are called, but few chosen.

It is out of the called, that the few are chosen.  You must first be called in order to be chosen so it is a great thing to be called!  Now whether you or I or anyone here are definitely part of the chosen, I cannot say.  We need to always remain humble.  But God has chosen to give us precious truths that the many called are not privy to.  So perhaps we are chosen, yet even though we don't know for sure, we can nevertheless:

Philippians 3:14 ESV
14  press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus

In the meantime God has:

2 Corinthians 1:22 NIV
22  set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Peace to you,
Diana

gmik

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:26:55 PM »

Diana, that was beautifully & simply expressed!

Falconn003

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »

chav it can not be said any better, then by the truth that originates in your heart and out trough your mouth in simple truthful words .

God bless
Rodger
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:34:30 AM by Falconn003 »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 03:38:58 AM »

Thank you Rodger. :D

Peace to you brother

Arcturus :)

chav

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 05:30:35 AM »

Hi
Great answers everyone, that has helped me in my understanding a lot.
thanks
Dave UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.