bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peddle of God's words  (Read 4793 times)

Brett

Peddle of God's words
« on: March 25, 2007, 01:42:45 AM »

As you know in 2 Cor. 2:17 say that is wrong for peddle of God's words like pastors or ministry earn money by preaching and ministrying. Some say that it is in 1 Cor. ch. 9 to support pastors and ministry for to help them earn money for living. But I do not see anywhere Paul said about earn living by gospel. He said that to proclaim the gospel are to be living of the gospel, mean to me like to live by what you preach of the gospel (9:14). Also, (9:4-5) he said something they have to right eat and drink, etc. etc. was because the people were watching them by what they do and like find fault them but Paul said they have the right what they have just as they had.

Even Paul said like he does not want any money for his mission (?). I do not see anywhere in the New Testament for like Jesus did not earn money for his ministry, neither Peter, John, Paul, etc.

That is how I see it, but if you believe that I'm not correct understand it, I would be appreciate to help me see and understand that they do earn money for the gospel in the scriptures.

Thanks a lot! :D

Brett

Again, sorry for my lousy English :-\

gmik

Re: Peddle of God's words
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »

Paul was a tentmaker.  He didn't want to be a burden on anyone, but he did teach to help others out.

Never was the intent that workmen should live WAY ABOVE  the rest of the people.  Widows weren't to give their last shekel so the teacher could live in a mansion w/ 25 camel/carriages in the garage!!

Meeting needs is not the same as give me so I can live any way I want.

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 06:23:02 PM »

Brett,

Here is another way to look at it. Gena, you post was right on the oney too!

Where in Creation has God hid himself from man? Likewise, where in creation does God charge man to learn of and about God? :)

The answer is of course never. God has given us EVERYTHING and charged us nothing. All He wants is for us to Love Him from the depths of out heart and our neighbor, friends, family, etc as our selves.

God shows himself to everyone; however, some will look at a forest and see the beauty and splendor within, while others will see nothing but waste and an opportunity to make money.

However, their are those who have the knowledge given only of God's spirit. Paul was such a man and here is why he would not charge for teaching.

1Cr 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Paul knew all the knowledge he had was freely given of God. Sadly, those who "charge" for the right to teach, must because they have to recoup the expenses incurred while learning "mans" version of the truth. They simply were never given the "things" that were freely given by God. :)

I smile, because they EXPECT me to help pay for their jet liner! I think NOT!! :)

Great question though. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

snorky

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »

You hit the nail on the head, Darren! The "churchians" have to be paid or charge money, because they have to pay back their loans to "seminary" where they learn all that nonsense! One day God will do away with those institutions and will impart to all His absolute truth! Fortunately we have Ray and a few others imparting His truth now for free! So many in the "rapture/armeggeddon crowd" are fearful that the Internet might be part of the so-called "Beast/666" system (I know a few like this) and don't even want computers in their homes because they think if they do they'll have to take the "mark of the Beast"...I say thank God for the Internet, without which most of us would never have been turned on by God to His agent Ray's truth-spreading.

Deb aka snorky

Jennie

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »

"Churchians"???? What is that all about? It almost seems that this forum is placed on a higher level. Is that what Jesus wants? He submitted to the lowest task of His day to show us how we should be.(washing the disciples feet)

Jennie

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:51:58 PM »

Almost forgot...my jet liner is waiting for me!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 02:17:35 PM »

Eze 22:23  And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Eze 22:24  Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation.

Eze 22:25  There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.

Eze 22:26  Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths and I am profaned among them.

Eze 22:27  Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

Eze 22:28  And her prophets have daubed them with untempered mortar, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken

Isa 56:10  His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

Isa 56:11  Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

Isa 56:12  Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and tomorrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

Tit 1:11  Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

1Pe 5:2  Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

2Pe 2:3  And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.