bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prodical Kids  (Read 3659 times)

Scribbles

Prodical Kids
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:13:25 AM »

Today, as I was thinking about my 2 adult girls, I had a thought that really blessed me, and hope it does someone else as well. From the time they were about 4-5 years old, they were brought up 'in the Lord', as I knew it at that time. We went through many churches, one being a cult, and many trials.....but we always stayed with the Lord, no matter what. As they grew to adults, they wandered away from church attendance ( "cough"), live their life as they wanted, etc.....but still knew, and confessed Jesus was/is in their hearts. They're in their mid-thirties now, and as I was meditating with God about this, I was sure that I had "trained them in the way they should go"....Proverb 22:6....but as adults they were not serving Him. I was feeling "down" that I had not raised them, or trained them in the real biblical and scriptural truths. But He showed me, as a parent, I will always and continually train them in the way they should go !  Of course, not speaking of a childhood type of "training"....or anything like that......but they will be 'taught' NOW, in the way they should go, simply by the way I live, and what I believe, by His grace.....without a word (yet). As I continued to think about this.....it seemed like "nothing new"....lol....we all know the parable of the prodigal son, forgiveness, and the strong parental love, etc. But it was ...."in the way they should go", that just kept me thinking about it. Then the peace came. That was the 'way' He wanted them to go, the way He wanted them raised in the Lord, etc. I thank Him I can understand, and try to understand that it's all of His plan. Because of this, someday, when they're older, they wont depart from it....the training of the scriptures and to live as a christian their mother once taught them as children and teenagers. But even though I taught them, "in the way they should go", it was all the Lord fullfilling His ultimate plan, where they were 'going'.

Scribbles

Kat

Re: Prodical Kids
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 12:56:07 PM »

Hi Scribbles,

I too have girls that I brought up 'in the Lord.'
What you shared;

Then the peace came. That was the 'way' He wanted them to go, the way He wanted them raised in the Lord, etc. I thank Him I can understand, and try to understand that it's all of His plan. Because of this, someday, when they're older, they wont depart from it....the training of the scriptures and to live as a christian their mother once taught them as children and teenagers. But even though I taught them, "in the way they should go", it was all the Lord fullfilling His ultimate plan, where they were 'going'.

This does give peace to know that it is all of God, how we live our lives and the way our children will go as well.  Thanks for the reminder.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Bradigans

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:33:53 PM »

This does give peace to know that it is all of God, how we live our lives and the way our children will go as well.  Thanks for the reminder.

Amen!!! It gives extreme peace (unexplainable euphoria and bliss) to know that God is in all and working in all even when one may think that he/she falls short. How can one fall short when they're in Christ. Romans 4:8 - Blessed is the man (I believe this also include the womanto whom the Lord will not impute sin.Amen and alleluia!!! I love you Jesus!

Bradford

gmik

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »

Amen.

I raised my 3 "in the Lord" too.  They never once left Him altho my 2 boys lived life the way they wanted for awhile but always attended church.

I was so proud of the way I I I I I raised them.  Very proud when I would compare to my family & friends kids who weren't "following the Lord".

Weeellllllll, when I found out it was all God and nothing of me, I had to chuckle almost...pride does go before a fall! Now, one thinks Ray is a nut, and one is ok w/ it but still wants to go to her church. My youngest is a believer in the truth, tho.

I am the beast.  It wasn't being such a great role model-ha, quite the opposite.  and to think I was better than others.  Ugh!
Who was I back then???  I am glad I can thank God and Trust Him.  My kids are the way they are because of HIm not me and He has a plan too for them.  I can trust Him!

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 02:47:13 PM »

Hi Scribbles,

Thanks for your inspiring post!

I am a "not so young" mother with two young children (5 and 2).  Before they were even out of the womb I use to fret anxiously about how on earth I was going to teach them about God, especially being a baby Christian myself when I was pregnant with my first child (approx 4yrs). 

Since then, God has graciously brought me through an incredible journey. 

Now I find, most of the time my children are teaching me something about the truths of God.  How ironic! 

I know I could be well versed in all the "head knowledge" and teach them that, but it wouldn't mean a thing unless God gives them the "Heart Knowledge".  But as with the other moms here, God has given me a peace with regards to rearing them.  It is all in His hands and THANK GOD for that because if it was in my hands....boy o boy, that would not be good! ;)

But it was ...."in the way they should go", that just kept me thinking about it. Then the peace came. That was the 'way' He wanted them to go, the way He wanted them raised in the Lord, etc. I thank Him I can understand, and try to understand that it's all of His plan. Because of this, someday, when they're older, they wont depart from it....the training of the scriptures and to live as a christian their mother once taught them as children and teenagers. But even though I taught them, "in the way they should go", it was all the Lord fullfilling His ultimate plan, where they were 'going'.

Yes indeed!  Thank you scribbles, I was very much blessed by your post.

Peace,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.