bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Word of Encouragement  (Read 7928 times)

josh

A Word of Encouragement
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »

Good Morning All,

This morning I'm feeling what seems to be the weight of the world resting on my shoulders...  anyone else going through anything right now? Well I thought I would offer a few scriptures as a reminder and as an encouragement to our walk.

God's Peace.
Josh

Philippians 1:27-31
Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; in no way be alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.

For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, experiencing the same conflict which you saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

2 Thessalonians 1:1-5
We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater; therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for your perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and afflictions which you endure.

This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering.

Acts 14:20-22
After they had preached the gospel to that city and had made many disciples, they returned to Lystra and to Iconium and to Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, "Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God."

John 15:18
"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

2 Timothy 3:12
Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

1 Peter 2:21
For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:08:26 PM by In Medias Res »

gmik

Re: A Word of Encouragement
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

Thanks Josh.  Those scriptures are easy to forget.  I needed a reminder.

I was told over the weekend, that I was in a cult, etc etc and then they said "and don't ever try to sneak any of these teachings onto my kids!" :'(

Why does this truth inspire such hatred among our brethren??  Do the Baptists hate the Nazarenes so much??? (and others of course)

josh

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:36:16 AM »

Gena,

Thanks be to God that the world and our flesh will not always hate the truth...

Habakkuk 2:13
Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labor in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

But until then, to even those that hate the truth...

2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort,
He comforting us in all our trouble, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in every trouble, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds by Christ. And if we are troubled, it is for your consolation and salvation, being worked out in the endurance of the same sufferings which we also suffer; if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is certain, knowing that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also of the consolation.

God's Peace to you Gena.
Josh

gmik

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »

More good Word.

Thanks Josh!

Robin

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 02:22:41 AM »

Thank you Josh.

Jennie

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »

Josh and others, I too feel the weight of the world on my shoulders and it is crushing sometimes.Jennie

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 09:50:39 PM »

Josh and others, I too feel the weight of the world on my shoulders and it is crushing sometimes.Jennie
I feel the same sometimes I wonder when there will be relief.

iris

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 10:00:16 PM »

Josh,

Thanks for sharing the scriptures.
I hope God's word will bring peace
to you and everyone here on the forum.

Iris

PKnowler

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 10:02:59 PM »

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-30

Bless You All!  :)
~Paula

josh

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 01:37:49 AM »

In the midst of feeling sorry for myself, I came across this scripture and thought I would share it with you here at the forum:

Heb 12:3-6
For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.

You have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons, "My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by Him; for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and He scourges every son whom He receives."

Brace & Strength my friends. God's Peace.
Josh
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:39:32 AM by In Medias Res »

DWIGHT

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 01:49:31 AM »

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: I Pet. 1:7

Josh, notice that it's not your faith that's more precious than gold....it's the trial of your faith. ;)

Much love my brother,

Dwight

skydreamers

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 03:13:55 AM »

1Pe 4:12-13
Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

The troubled times are difficult to be sure.  It is such a comfort to know we are not alone in feeling the "weight of the world on our shoulders."  You are a sensitive sweet soul Josh, thank you for sharing.

Isn't it wierd however, that even in our happiest moments we still would not be able to fathom the "exceeding joy" we will one day dance in, with our Lord an Savior, friend and brother....

I was thinking, you know I have never met Jesus face to face, physically, yet my love and comittment grows....it's a wonder.

And I have never met you guys, physically,my fellow brothers and sisters out in cyberspace, yet my love and comittment grows....hmmm God is teaching me something through this forum...

It is the spirit of God's heart that binds us in present suffering and future joy.

God all in ALL...ONE!!!  I can't wait.

Peace,
Diana

CDJ

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 06:40:36 AM »

Hi everyone,

I came here this morning to write a post, because my heart saddened a bit, when one of my friends asked me to stop sending him emails. I usually wrote little daily devotionals to my friends, with my own words and knowledge, encouraging people to learn from bible-truths. No-one seemed interested (most don't have time), so I replaced my daily devotional with the emails on bible-truths. I send 2 everyday, and would only sometimes leave a comment, with the hope that people will at least start with The Lake of Fire Series.

Well, yesterday a good friend asked me to stop, because of what he feels inside when he reads the emails - basically the God he knows is not the God that we learn of here. Again, no scriptures were used but mere opinions of men. I don't stand back for defending but in this case suddenly, my heart became very sad and I started to understand how hard the spiritual battle is, was and will be. Then another friend made remarks, and the thing is, I do not take it personal, but my heart grows sad. Then the Scriptures say that

"Therefore take up the panoply [armor] of God that you may be enabled to WITHSTAND in the wicked day, and having effected all, to STAND. STAND, then, girded about your loins with TRUTH [remember I said demons are FALSE doctrines], with the cuirass of righteousness put on, and your feet sandaled with the readiness of the evangel [gospel] of peace; with all taking up the large shield of FAITH, by which you WILL BE ABLE TO EXTINGUISH ALL THE FIERY ARROWS OF THE WICKED ONE." (quoted from Ray's emails)

I've read "Make it bloody" and about David not being converted, but Psalm 17:14 helped me alot and I think it will help along with Josh's encouraging post

Psalm 17:14 "..LORD, by your hand save me from such men, from men of this world whose reward is in this life..."

DWIGHT

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify something that I said in another post in this thread.  I said, "notice that it's not your faith that's more precious than gold....it's the trial of your faith."  I did not mean that the trial is more important than the faith...what I meant was that when our faith is tried, it is much more precious than gold that perishes.  Sorry for the mistake. :'(

In Him,

Dwight

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »

I think this fits here:

John 20 : 29  Jesus said...... Blessed and happy and to be envied are those who have never seen Me and yet have believed and adhered to and trusted and relied on Me.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 07:45:03 AM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »

TO All,

What an encouraging thread this is.  I needed a pick me up and got some from the humor and much encouragement from the thread.  Thanks for posting these replies guys.  God bless you as much as much as your replies have blessed me.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.