bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Folks  (Read 7452 times)

Nelson

Hello Folks
« on: March 26, 2007, 07:05:23 PM »

Hi folks,

Been a while since I posted on here, though I drop in occasionally and hover around in the background. Just thought I'd say hello and re-introduce myself to some new faces here.

46 years old from the UK, married for 24 years this year and we have 4 great kids. There's so much stuff posted online it's hard to keep up with it all but,

• "Jesus Christ yesterday and to-day the same, and to the ages" (Heb 13:8 Young's Literal Translation)

Which is more than I can say for myself. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.

Just like to say a quick hello to Joe in Tampa, hope all is well with you and yours.

Look forward to sharing with you all.

Love, grace and peace to you.

Nelson

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Hello Folks
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »

Nelson,

Good to see you around.  Nothing with hovering around. <grins>

Hope to see you soon again.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 09:00:56 PM »

Hello, Nelson, it has been a long time.  I have missed your wit and wisdom!  Sandie & Dave (sansmile & chav) are UK ers. Keep in touch.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »

Hi folks,

Been a while since I posted on here, though I drop in occasionally and hover around in the background. Just thought I'd say hello and re-introduce myself to some new faces here.

46 years old from the UK, married for 24 years this year and we have 4 great kids. There's so much stuff posted online it's hard to keep up with it all but,

• "Jesus Christ yesterday and to-day the same, and to the ages" (Heb 13:8 Young's Literal Translation)

Which is more than I can say for myself. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.

Just like to say a quick hello to Joe in Tampa, hope all is well with you and yours.

Look forward to sharing with you all.

Love, grace and peace to you.

Nelson

Hi Nelson!

This is a very pleasant surprise Brother, you have been missed but I know you do immerse yourself in His Word sometimes leaving little time for visiting. I am sure many of us will benefit from your insights and unique way of stating them.

My family and I are doing well and it is my hope and prayer that it is the same for you.

I am very happy to see you here and I do look very forward to fellowshipping together once again.

His Peace to you,

Joe

DWIGHT

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »

Hi Nelson,

Haven't had the pleasure, but glad you're back.

Your brother,

Dwight

iris

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:04:54 PM »

Hi Nelson,

Its nice to see you here on the forum.
Glad to meet you and hope you stay around for a while.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Iris

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 12:25:41 PM »

Good to see you back Nelson

Ches

Nelson

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 04:58:16 PM »

Hello folks,

Thanks you all for your kindness.

Not been so immersed in the word lately Joe, content sometimes to just sit at the Lords feet and just hear His word, to meditate on His grace and the life within. Put simply, it's nice to just 'be with' the Lord,

• "And he goeth up to the mountain, and doth call near whom he willed, and they went away to him; and he appointed twelve, that they may be with him, and that he may send them forth to preach" (Mk 3:13,14)

Looking forward to sharing and fellowship with you all. Have to admit though, I preferred the format on the old BT board, but I'm sure the spirit's the same.

Love, grace and peace to you all

Nelson

Kat

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 05:53:25 PM »

Hi Nelson,

I am glad you have decided to join again  :)
We do enjoy the fellowship we have here very much, and it will be nice to have your input.

If you want to change it back to the old.

1)  go to the profile near the top of your page.

2)  on the left side click on "Look and Layout Preferences"

3)  at the top of the profiles box to the right of "current theme" click "change"

4)  Go to the "babylon theme" box and at the lower right hand corner click "use this theme"

5)  Thats it, the forum should look the same as before to you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Nelson

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »

Hi Kat,

Thanks for your advice. However, I was referring to an even older version of the board than that, the phpBB one. Never mind, I'll just have to get used to this one.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »

I was referring to an even older version of the board than that, the phpBB one. Never mind, I'll just have to get used to this one.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

Yes Nelson, you were one of the originals. :D 

Welcome back.

Craig

Nelson

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »

Hi Craig,

You're making me feel old here brother  ;D

In fact, I remember when this forum was on Yahoo Groups,

In the beginning Dennis Vogel created the Yahoo Group Bible Truths.
And the board was without form, and void; and messages were upon the face of the screen. And the Spirit of posters moved upon the forum of the group.
And Dennis said, Let there be phpBB: and there was phpBB.
And Dennis saw the phpBB, that it was good: and Dennis divided the phpBB from the Yahoo Group.
And Dennis called the phpBB Bibletruths Forum, and the Yahoo group he called Finished. And the phpBB and the Frappa were the first Forum.

;D

Sorry Dennis, couldn't resist it. Is that Frappa thing still around? It showed where everyone comes from.

I promise not to scourge you all with too much of this, just occasionally  ;)

• "To everything--a season, and a time to every delight under the heavens...A time to weep, And a time to laugh. A time to mourn, And a time to skip" (Ecc 3:1,4)

We've had nice weather here today, brings out the sunshine in my silly sense of humour.

Nelson

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

Hello there Nelson!

It's great to have you.  I already like your light hearted spirit! :D  Where in UK are you at?  My DH (dear husband) and I would love to take a trip there and bring our 8 yo son to see that part of our big world; (b/c we are Scottish, Irish and English, and a little Indian.)  I am sure that it is very green and beautiful where ever you are over there.  I am in Texas...they say that Texas is a country of itself ;)!)  God bless you and your family.  Glas your'e back!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »

Nelson,

I liked what parody you did on Genesis regarding the forum.  Now that was funny.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Nelson

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »

Hi folks,

Susan, we're in Essex which is east of London. Much of England is green, but a lot of it is concrete too :-\

We're Irish by descent. My father was born and raised in Belfast, my mothers father was from Galway. The only non-Irish member was my mothers mother, she was English but I think there's a bit of Jewish in there somewhere too considering her maiden name, Goldsmith.

If you do come to the UK, let us know when, and if you're staying near London we could meet up with your family. We'll show you some neat stuff in London & the Home Counties, and treat you's to a bit of Howe family hospitality.  :)

Anne, thanks for you kind comments. I reckon I'd be within the mark to suggest that there's a wee bit of Irish in you, or your husband (assuming you're married).

Our youngest sons are Irish dancers and our daughter lives in Ballina, Co Mayo. She runs her own dance school for young children. One of our sons did an exhibition at a local club on St Patricks night, they collected quite a lot of money for him, what would be about $110 for 20 minutes dancing. I might take it up myself if the pay is that good.  ;D I do have a web site that chronicled our childrens dancing up to a few years ago when they organisers clamped down on photography at feisanna. if this is permitted, the link is www.irishdreams.com

With this in mind I say,

Slán go fóill

Grace and peace to you all

Nelson

Kat

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 05:29:21 PM »

Hi Nelson,

I can see you are going to be fun to have around  :)
That was a clever bit you came up with about the old forum, I think you have Dennis figured out  ;)
Your daughter is a living doll.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 05:44:06 PM »

Hi Nelson,

Welcome  low and behold, i am in Essex too......... and i am Irish (well N Irish)  We will be moving soon to Scotland sold our house in Romford.

Great to see a fellow country man on here!!!!!

Sandie :)
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 06:08:09 PM »

Hello Nelson

I like your Avatar.

You said you prefer to be with the Lord and then you submitted this : "And he goes up to the mountain, and doth call near whom he willed, and they went away to him; and he appointed twelve, that they may be with him, and that he may send them forth to preach" (Mk 3:13,14)

My point. I have never seen you and have missed you! So now, note,  that after being with HIM you are sent forth to preach, share what you know and I already like what I see so please come out and let your light shine brother!..... Deut 28 : 6 Blessed shall you be when you come in and blessed shall you be when you go out.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Nelson

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »

Hi folks,

Sandie from Romford eh! We live in wonderful Basildon-on-Thames  ;D Where are you moving to in Scotland? I do some work up there, in fact I'm flying up to Glasgow next month, but only for a day.

Arcturus, thanks for your encouraging words, and you are quite right in what you say. After being 'with' Christ, He sends us forth to preach, and it is that 'sent' bit that is so important,

• "and he said, `Verily I say to you--No prophet is accepted in his own country; and of a truth I say to you, Many widows were in the days of Elijah, in Israel, when the heaven was shut for three years and six months, when great famine came on all the land, and unto none of them was Elijah sent, but--to Sarepta of Sidon, unto a woman, a widow" (Lu 4:24-26)

The NEEDS of the widows in Israel was of no consequence, Elijah went where he was SENT! It's the same for us, Christ, the Spirit, sends those who are His to preach, and the spirit speaks through sent ones,

• "These, indeed, then, having been sent forth by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia, thence also they sailed to Cyprus" (Ac 13:4)

"But when they are leading YOU along to deliver YOU up, do not be anxious beforehand about what to speak; but whatever is given YOU in that hour, speak this, for YOU are not the ones speaking, but the holy spirit is" (Mk 13:11)

"Moreover, they went through Phryg'i·a and the country of Ga·la'ti·a, because they were forbidden by the holy spirit to speak the word in the [district of]  Asia. Further, when getting down to Mys'i·a they made efforts to go into Bi·thyn'i·a, but the spirit of Jesus did not permit them" (Ac 16:6,7)

Much is spoken in Christ's name, but only those who are sent can speak His word to His sheep, for they will hear HIS voice and follow HIM. It's strange because even though I peek in on this board occasionally, I never had any intention to post anything, it just 'happened'. It is nice to be here though :)

All I can do is share as it comes, that's all I have ever done. Generally, I'm not a debater of things but I do like to share the things that edify the body, that's usually the things the Lord places on my heart. I'm not disposed to using 'scathing sarcasm' as Ray is, and those who know me on here will validate that.

Whatever the Lord gives me freely I'll share freely, and add my own bit of wit 'n' stuff occasionally, but I really hope that any hearers can distinguish between my voice and that of Christ.

It's a great pleasure to be able to fellowship with you all my brothers and sister in Christ.

Nelson

skydreamers

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 02:25:49 AM »

Hi Nelson,

I'm fairly new around here so I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure of knowing you from before...Welcome back though!  I can already see I'm going to learn a lot from your insight and wisdom and humour!!  Looking forward to more posts...

Peace and God bless,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.