bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Universalism  (Read 5563 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Universalism
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:37:15 PM »

ray,
i'm a "biblical" unitarian universalist. i believe God is the Father of Jesus (John 5:18). and i believe God is "the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe" (1 tim 4:10). my question is this: i'm sure you won't call yourself a unitarian universalist. but can you agree that you are a unitarian in the sense that you believe God is one Person? and that you are a universalist in the sense that you believe that God "will have all men to be saved"?  i'd appreciate your thoughts

warmly,
        hadin

Dear Hadin:
        I avoid most unscriptural labels. If you show me a Scripture that says "God is one PERSON," then I will agree. I certainly do agree that "God will have all men to be saved."
        God be with you,
        Ray

PS   Okay, listen:  "GOD IS ONE." Now I have a Scripture for that (Gal. 3:20). And this, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our GOD IS ONE LORD" (Deut. 6:4). But Jesus is called "God" also, John 8:28, Heb. 1:8, etc. But then Jesus said this:  "I [one] and My Father [two] are ONE"  Now how do you figure that?  Come to our Nashville Conference and I will spell it out in great detail.
        My first morning lecture will be: IS "THE LORD THY GOD" OF THE OLD TESTAMENT THE SAME IN THE NEW TESTAMENT?  And this thought:  Is "THE LORD said unto MY Lord..." of the Old Testament (Psalm 110:1) the same as "The Lord said unto my Lord..." of the New Testament (Matt. 22:44)?  And just who are these two "Lords?" Are you sure? Can you prove it?  And in as much as no man has EVER seen the Father and no man has EVER heard His voice, EVER; what do we really know about Him?  Do we have record of God the Father every saying anything, ANYWHERE?  Where?  I think you will be in for a shock. You better make plans for Nashville.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.