bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The battle is the Lord's...  (Read 4672 times)

skydreamers

The battle is the Lord's...
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »

It occurred to me today as I was reflecting on my Christian journey, that God has more often than not shown me the deepest truths when I gave up struggling to understand by my own power.  Especially hard topics for me were Free Will and  understanding the Old Covenant vs the New Covenant (10 commandments, sabbath and all that). 

I had, as many of you, tremendous struggle to the point of exasperation!  I would read and study and look up scripture, driven to try and understand but just not getting it entirely.

It wasn't  until I cried, "Lord, I just am too dense.  I don't get it! Please give me clarity!" that the viel was lifted.  And almost immediately after that I would have a peace and God would keep me up at night filling my mind with scripture and then giving me understanding of them.  It was like he turned a light bulb on!

I see all that struggle as highly important and I do not stop trying to understand further truths, but I learned a valuable lesson in that clarity or understanding did not come by my own wisdom or power but truly by the Spirit of God.  God was bringing me to the point of realization that I cannot know ANYTHING without him, and lest I think I gained wisdom by any effort of my own he didn't allow me to have clarity until I realized I didn't have any other option but to turn to him.

It is the same when I am faced with the challenge of a persistent sin in my life.  Not until I get to the point of giving up, realizing that I just don't know what else to do, does the sin begin to retreat. 

It is only Jesus that enables us to overcome.  He truly is our only salvation.

It's like, even when you know it's all from God, it isn't until you consciously admit it and actively surrender that you can even move forward.  Is this anyone else's experience?

And so God reminded me of this scripture today:

2 Chronicles 20:12 NASB
For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You."

2 Chronicles 20:15 NASB
...thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's.

2 Chronicles 20:17 NASB
'You need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem ' Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the LORD is with you."

2 Chronicles 20:18-19 NASB
18  Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell down before the LORD, worshiping the LORD.
19  The Levites, from the sons of the Kohathites and of the sons of the Korahites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel, with a very loud voice...

2 Chronicles 20:20-21 NASB
20  ...put your trust in the LORD your God and you will be established. Put your trust in His prophets and succeed."
21  When he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who sang to the LORD and those who praised Him in holy attire, as they went out before the army and said, "Give thanks to the LORD, for His lovingkindness is everlasting."

Lord, let me stand up everyday and praise you with a very loud voice knowing that the battle is yours and your lovingkindness is everlasting...

Peace,

Diana

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The battle is the Lord's...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:03:18 PM »

Diana,

You wrote, "It's like, even when you know it's all from God, it isn't until you consciously admit it and actively surrender that you can even move forward.  Is this anyone else's experience?"  Absolutely.  The key word here for me being actively.  We are in the process even though it's not from us.  :)  It doesn't sound right when you think of it that way, but that's the way it is for me. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:04:08 PM by aktikt »
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 03:02:50 AM »

Ray writes in LOF part 13

"Therefore, WE WILL SEE THE BEAST that comes up out of the sea. We will be forced to WAR with the beast from the sea. And we will be OVERCOME by the wild beast."

I too recognise this process Diana and Aktikt. He is showing that to climb Mt Everest with HIM is easy but to take one breath without HIM is impossible. Hence the exasperation we feel in trying to understand on our own limited information. What I have found is that this experience leads me to stop prescribing to God and telling Him what I need and what He should do about it!

I have learnt by experience that He has ways and means that are outside my scope of even my wildest imagination!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

andrevan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 06:07:15 AM »

Hi Diana

You said: "It's like, even when you know it's all from God, it isn't until you consciously admit it and actively surrender that you can even move forward.  Is this anyone else's experience?"

I'm beginning to experience this a little just recently, I gave up trying to fight sin in my life and declared to God that I am powerless, only Jesus can do it in me. Please help me Lord! I got desperate, but now I feel strengthened. Thanks for sharing, you gave me encouragement :).

God's peace be with you.
Andrevan.

dogcombat

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:51:12 AM »

Diana,

It's happened to me too.  He has brought us to the point of surrendering all of our LIMITED LINE OF LOGIC, because His truths are "UNSEARCHABLE".  Bit by bit we are being transformed into what He desires us to be.  As it's written in Genesis "Let us make man in OUR image."  Not "Let us make ourselves in the image of man". 

Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.