bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do we handle the hard truths?  (Read 17832 times)

TimothyVI

Re: How do we handle the hard truths?
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 08:12:10 PM »

No need for you to apologize Jennie,
You were neither abrasive or offensive.
You just sounded like you returned and found a different place.

Tim

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 02:54:20 AM »

One of the first things I was taught in Mystery Babylon was, don’t criticise the hierarchy. Agree with everything they say and bow to everything they teach even if you do not agree. In short they taught double standard, two faced hypocrisy.

This was how Mystery Babylon disarmed opposition and put a guilt trip on anyone who would expose them. The guilt trip was so heavy; I felt that even to think bad thoughts about a person preaching heresy was going to send me to hell. The influence was paralysing and this was part of the bondage because Mystery Babylon taught me not to think but to rely on the opinion of their “holiness” . Excuse me! This practise is like anesthetising a person so they can not move against the deluge of deception that follows through their assumed piety.

The leaders in Mystery Babylon have got idols of the heart. They KNOW the truth and have turned away in order to glean the merits from making merchandise of the sheep.

The sheep in Mystery Babylon have learnt double standards, are bound in fear, lead by attachments to the external and carnal niceties and are addicted to the traditions of man and the social gleanings that such practises offer to the flesh. I used to be a highly esteemed Minister of the Word in the Roman Catholic Church and then after leaving the Church I rapidly became a Cell Leader in a Pentecostal Church .

Little by little I came out of hypocrisy and idolatry of my own heart. This happened because Jesus caused it to happen. I could do nothing to make it happen.  God created the division between me and Mystery Babylon. The process through which I have come to be where I am now took all of my nearly 50 years and had nothing to do with any merit I can have claimed. Everything is of Christ who caused me to experience the many things I have passed through. It is a process. There is no quick fix but when the fix comes it can be quick and hard painful and beneficial at the same time like pulling off a plaster, that has been covering or protecting a wound,  with a rapid and deft authority to open it up to the light. That is what Bible Truths has been for me. A beneficial, rapid and deft authority!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:01:40 AM by Arcturus »

TimothyVI

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

I agree wholeheartedly that what you say is prevalent in varying degrees in all churches.
I would guess that starting with the Catholic church being the most like your description,
working it's way down through all of the other denominations.

My church is a fairly liberal, multi denominational church, and we are encouraged to go along
with the program so to speak. Not cause division by questioning what is taught.
However, my Pastor knows that I disagree with much of what he teaches. We discuss it at
length in private. And yet, we agree to disagree.
I consider him one of my best friends. Many times though, I feel like he believes one thing, but
must teach another because of his allegiance to the church.
It was truly refreshing to me to hear a past minister of the church confess what you have said Arcturus.
I know I will never hear my Pastor friend confess that. I love him just the same.

For now I think that Jesus wants me to stay in the church for a reason. And as I said before, He uses the churches
for his purpose. In my circle of Christ following aquaintenances, every single one of them first
came to know Christ through a church.

Tim

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 10:02:54 AM »

He uses the churches
for his purpose. In my circle of Christ following aquaintenances, every single one of them first
came to know Christ through a church.

Thanks Tim,

We should all remember,  I dare say 95% of those here, started with the church.  Just because some of us have come out and no longer partake in her plagues, does not make anyone any better than a brother or sister that is not there yet in their journey.  ALL is of God, and His plans will not be thwarted.

Blessings

Craig
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:03:28 AM by Craig »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »

Hello Tim

That was a lovely response. Thank you brother. It is so wonderful that your Pastor is at the maturity to agree to disagree. Only God in HIS goodness can bring repentance. I think your relationship must be exercising you both in very positive ways!

...Craig

...as I learnt through our dear brother Dwight...no one has COME OUT yet just like no one is saved or born again. No one is elect yet. We are all called and the few chosen are in training and judgement and are waiting for the return of Christ.

I believe that! ;D

Also the Elect have to come through Mystery Babylon not via any other route as I understand it. Is this not what we are taught here somewhere? We know Christ visits the Church to drag out who He chooses. We are at different points of the drag    :D   I pray I am found worthy to stand when Christ comes again.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.