bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cruelty to dogs and cats  (Read 5684 times)

Nancy

Cruelty to dogs and cats
« on: March 29, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »

Hi there everyone,

I am feeling down at the moment after seeing the cruelty that is being done to dogs and cats in China.  I have a little dog and i cannot bear to think of him in that position. 
My heart grieves as i wonder if these poor animals will be with God when they die.  I sure hope so. 
And the anger i feel towards the people who do this, feels me with terror.  I suppose i equate it with people who have children (i don't) and then hear stories of child abuse and imagine the absolute anger they must feel.  I feel this same anger against animal abuse.
The trouble is because these are 'just' animals, some people don't equate it in the same way as people abuse. 
What does God think,  do you think?
Sometimes i can't bear to think that these beautiful animals won't be with us on the other side.
God bless
Nancy

Jennie

Re: Cruelty to dogs and cats
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:12:21 PM »

God made the pets we have and gave them to us to share our lives with. I just came in from taking my little dog (a terrier) some chewy things. My Daddy asked me to take her when he got sick and later passed on. I love her so much. It feels like I still have a little part of him with me. Heaven wouldn't be heaven to me if our pets were not there. Jesus even spoke of the Father knowing the birds of the air. Jennie

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »

It is so sad to see animals mistreated and dumped.
 I love my pets they are part of my family.
I usually can tell a lot about someone by the way they treat pets.
If someone hates animals then I steer clear of them.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:42:59 PM by Jackie Lee »

iris

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »

Yes, it is sad to see how pets are treated, and also children.
It will all be better when we're on the other side. Everybody
will love everybody else and there will be no pain. How
glorious is that?

Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 01:57:47 PM »

Pro 12:10  A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »

While I was searching for something else I "stumbled" onto this in Psalms 36;

Psa 36:5  Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.

Psa 36:6  Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest3467 man and beast.

Psa 36:7  How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

H3467
ישׁע
yâsha‛
yaw-shah'
A primitive root; properly to be open, wide or free, that is, (by implication) to be safe; causatively to free or succor: -  X at all, avenging, defend, deliver (-er), help, preserve, rescue, be safe, bring (having) salvation, save (-iour), get victory.

His Peace to you,

Joe

josh

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 04:28:59 PM »

Ecclesiastes 3:18-22

18: I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them that they are but beasts.
19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
20: All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21: Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth?
22: So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should enjoy his work, for that is his lot; who can bring him to see what will be after him?

God's Peace.
Josh

SandyFla

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 05:59:28 PM »

Nancy,

I agree with you. The way some people treat their animals--and children--makes me sick. I can't help it, but I find it easier to love animals than people in general. (I might get trashed for saying that, but it will just prove my point.)

Also, I believe animals have more sense and are more civilized than some people. Animals kill to survive--to feed themselves and their young, or if they think their babies are in danger. People kill just for the thrill of it.

Sandy

Kat

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »

Hi Sandy,

I am a animal lover and have had many pets that I have loved dearly.
But I see another side to what you say in your statement;

Animals kill to survive--to feed themselves and their young, or if they think their babies are in danger.

I have been a ardent viewer of animal programs all my life, and there is a reason they are called  beasts.
Lions and hyena are total enemies and I have seen them fight and kill one another just because they are competitors in the same territory.
Domesticated dogs that have gone wild and form packs are terrors and will kill just about anything they can.
The elephants that have attacked their keepers, maybe they were abused, and that is a shame.
I have seen chimpanzees and gorillas attack others in their group viciously for dominance, it's a terrible thing to watch.
Bear attacks, what a horrible way to go.

I guess I really put a damper on this thread, but what I saying is that animals are not all lovable pets.
I'm just trying to point out there is a good reason God refers to our carnal nature as a 'beast.'

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »

what I'm saying is that animals are not all lovable pets.

Especially when they lick their butts! ;D

Craig

Redbird

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 07:32:03 PM »

Point taken, I shall not be kissing any dogs again! :-* :D

Lisa

Jackie Lee

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 02:55:34 AM »

It will be exactly one week friday that my sweet Cat just disappeared, we rescued her tamed her but she insisted on going outside.
She could not get totally used to staying in.
We had her spayed and shots I didn't neglect her she was faithful and came in all throughout the day.
She knew she couldn't go out at night at all but first thing every morning she was ready.
 I checked everywhere including the humane society she is no where to be found.
I now know she won't be back but my heart is breaking for her.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 03:44:34 AM »

Yes, Nancy and Iris; I agree that it is sickening of how certain people will treat their kids (and pets). :'( :'(     (I agree Kat...BEASTLY PEOPLE)

I think that certain individuals need to have animals/pets instead of children b/c some people can't handle caring for children and shouldn't have them.

Some people cannot handle either a pet or a child. :-[

(I'm sorry to hear about your missing cat Jackie Lee.) :(

Redbird

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »

Hi all,

I have five adorable cats.  They do sometimes kill for play.  Living in the country, I find plenty of dead moles, lizards, snakes and a few rats here and there!  That is one of the reasons I have them, to keep the riff raff out.  I like dogs too, but ya can't trust them, they can turn on a child in a matter of seconds.  As for people, my grandma was a lovely woman, a true Christian lady, who walked the talk.  One day, in her aging years, she looked deep into my eyes, as if pleading, and asked "There is more good in the world now, Lisa, isn't there?"  And I answered yes, Grandma, there is.

Genesis 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Peace, Lisa
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.