bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THANKFUL TO BE HERE  (Read 4454 times)

tthorn

THANKFUL TO BE HERE
« on: May 10, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I introduced myself in the middle of someone else's post.  I ask for your continued prayer.  I was reading an earlier post about a new member that is thankful for family members agreeing with the teaching here.

I am married to a devout pentecostal (tongue talking, gross-pay tither, healing, prosperity, raising from the dead, etc).  I too once thought I believed that.  I wrestled and wrestled and tried and tried to blend in and be one of them.  God would not allow it.  I searched and questioned and found websites that brought me closer to this one, but something was always missing.  I found (excuse me! God led me) to this website and I just knew this was the truth.  I AM THANKFUL TO BE HERE.  I never thought that this kind of eye-opening truth existed.

I do need your prayers.  Although God has given me an amazing peace.  I still tremble when speaking the truth to my husband or others.  I know it will be met with hostility.  My husband is convenienced that I am being led astray and he is determined to bring me back in line with his truth.  His pastor asked him this week why I have not been attending church.  He told him that I am not totally in agreement with what they are teaching and that I am not spirit-filled but he know that I will eventually see the light.

Another prayer point.  My husband insists on my two children (6 and 10) go to church with him.  I need advice on how to handle this.  Do I teach the children against my husbands teaching?  When they ask questions.  I tell them the scriptural truth and they believe me.  My husband asked me not to do this.

I do not know if this is the right place for this.  I thought about posting when I read the email about having those around you that agree with you.

I welcome any comments/encouragement.

Tee

lq1over

Re: THANKFUL TO BE HERE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »

Tee

My prayer is that you and your husband may be equal heirs in the truth that you may be equally yoked to the fellowship and teachings of truth. Be confident by faith that God has began a work and is faithful to complete. May the Lord Jesus impart wisdom to you in this situation.
We are known by our Fruit.

In Jesus name

lq1over

Kat

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »

Hi Tee,

I am so glad you have joined us here  :)
I must say you are in a difficult place, but do realize your eyes are being opened, and God is with you.
You need to read all the articles on BT and look up all the scripture and become knowledgable in the Word of Truth.

Eph 6:11  Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

If you use the scripture to defend what you believe, how can your husband discredit it.  But I know it is not that simple.  
I believe if you put God first, in study and pray, He will work the other things in your life out, in time.  Your situation is not going to be easy for you, but God is in control and will not leave you.  So just do the best you can, don't say things that you know will bring out hostility in your husband, and try and keep the peace.

Deu 31:6  Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

I will pray for you and your family.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »

Tee, welcome.

I have read many posts here w/ those in the same predicament.
Kat and lq have given you good advice.

My husband at first didn't know what to do w/ me and all this.  But he was willing to listen if I had scripture.(We were the exact type of believer you describe him to be :D) Only after a few months he was seeing it for himself in his own bible (he doesn't get on the computer). He is coming to the conference w/ me.  So don't give up on him-but only God can open his eyes.

The children presents a major issue, but since most of us came to the truth as adults, maybe to keep peace you can give in on them going to church.  Hopefully others in the same place will help you w/ their stories.  Right now, I watch my granddaughter go to church and I haven't said anything different to her.  Sticking to Jesus and His love will teach your children. 

My prayers are for your family. God is opening your eyes according to His Will.  You must trust Him in ALL things.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Tee.

God is either in control of everything or if you consider the opposite, then God is in charge of nothing. We believe here in BT that God is in control of EVERYTHING. That means He is in control of your husband and children and your own circumstances.

We are accountable to acknowledge God and His power love and Sovereignty.

If you try to be the best wife and Mother you can at all times you will be in the Will not against the Will of God. That should take up all your time and energy and concentration and leave nothing left for worry to nibble at.  God is more than capable, exceedingly able above and beyond what most of us can ever dream or comprehend in being Sovereign and allmighty to achieve His plan and purpose for our lives. There are no mistakes or accidents with God and so your circumstances, your husband and children are in the plan of God.

The gift of revelations that are plentiful through Rays teachings that are for you from God to you here at BT can take up all the space that may otherwise have been occupied with worries! I speak only from experience.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Robert

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 07:12:25 AM »

Hi, Tee.
I’m new to the forum and I saw your post. So far I think the advice you have received is good. If you resist the children going to your husband’s church I think that would be interpreted as wanting them to be away from God. If you allow them to go, you would be leaving no place for the devil.
I don’t think your children grasp the contradiction between their father and you, but that’s my assumption.
However, obeying your husband’s desire not to tell your children anything violates a bigger command of not withholding truth. And what would he do if you didn’t stop? (I’m not actually asking you to answer that on a forum or at all).
I certainly will pray for you Tee, as you have a difficult task especially being alone. Our Lord is with you.

jackson

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:54:59 AM »

Hi Tee,

You have recieved some great advice here ;D.  I hope I can heed there words as well.  You see I have much the same situation at home.  An unbelieving wife who doesn't approve of my "version" of the truth or the way I teach it to my girls (8 and 10). 

You must stay confident in the truth as God has and continues to reveal it to you.  I know how hard it can be to remain in His Word, especially with influences so close to you telling you how wrong you are.  Stay strong! He will provide for you.  He has lead you here for a reason. I think you'll find the support, advice and all around atmosphere here very validating for your faith walk.

I look forward to talking with you soon.

In His Grace,
Jackson

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »

Tee

Just another point that might encourage you. God selects His chosen from out of Mystery Babylon. So you have to be there first to get called out!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

iris

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 05:00:02 PM »

Hi Tee,

Welcome to the forum!
My prayers are for you and your family.

Iris

pylady

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 08:34:50 PM »

Hi Tee,

Welcome to the forum!

I will pray for you and your family.  I know it must be very difficult for you to believe differently from the rest of your family, and you must feel very alone.

Although I don't have children at home anymore, noone in my family believes as I do, and it was at one time causing me anxiety.

I would like to share a Scripture with you which has released me from those anxieties.

Prov 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

This verse is telling me that I am not responsible for my families salvation.  He alone is.  And, as much as I love them, He loves them even more. 

The Greek word translated "trust", means, according to the Greek Lexicon,
"to attach oneself, to trust, confide in, feel  safe, be confident, secure, to be careless (without care).  This type of hope is a confident expectation, not a constant anxiety.  We can truly relax when we know Who is in control."

Also the Hebrew word  translated "lean" means, according to the Lexicon, "to support oneself, to lean against, to rely on, to place confidence in."

So I try not to rely on or put confidence in what I think is happening on my family's lives, nor do I put any confidence in myself to make them understand the truth.  But I trust Him to bring them to Him at just the right time and in just the right way.  Because I do not understand what He is doing (or how He is doing it) I must trust in Him.

My job?  "...in all your ways acknowledge Him...".Live my life as a follower of Christ.

Of course, it is easy to say these things, but not always easy to do them.  And , of course, sometimes, I fail.  That's why I keep reading and studying this scripture, and praying to God to help me to trust in Him .

Don't know if this will make any sense to you, but this has helped me, knowing that it is all in His hands.  Knowing that my families salvation is not dependent on anything I say or do, but is totally within God's control has freed me to just try to be the best wife, mother, etc.  as a Christian, and let God take care of the rest.

with Christian love,

Cindy

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.