bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Loosing Friendships  (Read 7615 times)

doreen

Loosing Friendships
« on: March 30, 2007, 06:27:16 PM »

I have been experiencing a loss in friendships due to my new walk of life with God.  Should I see this as a test from God?
It's not a very nice situation to be in.   ???

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Loosing Friendships
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »

Hello Doreen

I think Christ is separating you from the old to prepare you for the new!

I think patience and trust in Him will help Him to work with you in ways you will be blessed to learn and experience. It is painful to change into His image yet it is rewarding beyond anything anyone can ever hope to give you. A gift from Jesus is unlike anything on earth!

Hope and continue to trust in HIM. He knows what He is doing even if we do not know or understand at the time.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Redbird

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »

Welcome to the forum Doreen,

Yes, God will start to make changes in your life, with your best interests at heart.  Sometimes, this is hard to understand why at first, but as time goes on, you will notice positive results brought about by God's plan for your life. 

Blessings to you,
Lisa

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:42:42 PM »

Doreen,

This is normal when one follows the Truth of God rather than the "truth" of men. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

doreen

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 06:42:59 PM »

Thanks for your answers.  The other thing is, even though my personal relationship have had some sufferings to endure, I keep running into the same problems with my partner and it seems like maybe we're a mismatch somehow.  We've been together for nearly 8 years now.  I'm just a bit confused as to why we keep fighting over the same problems and why doesn't God hear me when I talk to Him.  Maybe I'm praying in the wrong way. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 06:46:33 PM by doreen »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:00:36 PM »

Hi Doreen,

Welcome to the Forum!

Mat 10:37  He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Not an easy verse to digest.......

Faith, patience and humble prayers for knowledge will be very helpful in understanding His purpose and plan for you Sister. There are many Brothers and Sisters here with very diverse backgrounds who will provide mentorship and encouragement.

Here is an article that may help in regard to your concern about prayer and praying.

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

His Peace to you,

Joe

GODSown1

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:09:28 PM »

Hi,
   Im new in dis furum to, welcum!, is ur partner a believer in Christ?, r uz married??, there could be many reasons, I had a friend whom actually was GODS vessel that delivered me to GODS Path, well I told him about this Forum & read him bits, & he just told me to stop! & sed that I was being deceived, But I jus answered him with, NO!! U r the 1 being deceived!, BUT!! in saying that we are still best of mates, becoz GOD LOVEs!! uS!!!! all!!! & its HIS & ur relationship that matters not wot every1 is doing, So I say just keep strong!! with GOD! & urself! & HE will takecare of the rest, I know becoz HE has in my life, I was a Gang member for 23yrs, till HE bort me frm the darknesS! to the LIGHT! of HIS eyes in 2005, I LOVE!! HIM so!, sO!! much!, this is Y I still attend church bcoz who knows GOD may want U there Helpn pple whom just dont have a clue!!, GOD will guide U, Believe! it!!.
                           muchLOVE!! Pera

GODSown1

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 10:53:25 PM »

DoReen,
          be strong in GOD! sister,
          much, muchLOVE!! to U, Pera

doreen

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 04:07:56 AM »

hillsbororiver - Thank you for that post.  I understand what that particular verse is saying and I know that quite well.  I'll be strong in my belief and stop worrying.

GODSown1 - You're a very positive example of how God works and I'm happy to read that you're on the right path now.  God Bless.

I just also want to thank the others who have posted to my message.  All your support is very welcome.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:08:36 AM by doreen »

GODSown1

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 12:05:17 AM »

GODBLESS! U to Doreen, AlwayZ!!!!!!!! :)

CDJ

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 06:07:20 AM »

Hi Doreen, it's kinda tough. My friends have come to know me as someone who digs into his Bible, so they see this as just another opinion from just another person/s - just another phase. They still respect me though, but before it was more accepted when we shared our Bible-knowledge with each other. Now, some of them feel, I'm way off-track.

Last night, one of my best friends popped around my place for about a half an hour - he had a hectic day, and just wanted to blow off some steam and have a cup of coffee before he went home, so, we chatted. He mentioned that maybe I feel the need to be 'right' and all other people 'wrong'. Well, instead of jumping on my horse and drawing my sword, I felt that the conversation needed changing, and that he needs a friend right now, so we chatted away about all kinds of stuff. I didn't feel the need to 'defend' my stance, because I remembered what Ray mentioned about "the foolishness of preaching" - I could've sat there and talked his ear off with all the new words and stuff I've learned, but decided not to - rather be a friend - No, I don't put Christ aside, but rather let Christ shine through us.

Just to obey Christ's simple commands, puts alot of my own personal issues into perspective, by just remembering that all works out for the good, whether now or later, God is in TOTAL control - that's when you realize that Christ's yoke is soft and the burden light.

Keep fighting the good fight, and let your light shine :-)

Regards
CDJ

doreen

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 05:12:10 PM »

Thanks CDJ, and I wish the same to you as well.  Thanks for replying.

PKnowler

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »

Hi Doreen,

You may be loosing old friends but you are also gaining new friends here. Welcome to BT forum! You will find many supportive new friends here. It can be a lonely walk because we may not all physically meet but we are together in spirit and that is what matters most! So when you get lonely and need to talk remember you've got friends here! You are welcome to send me a PM if you ever want to talk.

Blessings, Paula  :)

doreen

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 06:00:53 PM »

Thanks Paula :)  That means alot to me.

gmik

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »

Hi Doreen & Welcome to your new friends in the Lord.

Yes, it is very normal to be losing friends (& even family). At first I wanted to shout from the rooftops because I thought everyone would be as happy as I was! Wrong, they thought I was nuts (again).

Now, I don't say anything to anyone unless they REALLY ask & REALLY want to know-not just argue w/ me.

A friend asked where I went to church on "easter" sunday.  I just said nowhere and changed the subject-(she went to Paula Whites church-yuk)

Anyway, welcome, and be assured you are not alone!

blakparty

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »

Hi Doreen,
     I think Joe hit it right on.  I am experiencing the same thing with my girlfriend of two years.  I love God and He comforts me with all His promises.  I know it is hard especially when you love someone.  Even my mother, who has gone to church all her life and made me go to, is not really talking to me.  But I chose to pick up my cross and follow Christ because in the end, it will be worth it.  I will pray that God comforts you with His Holy Spirit.  Stay strong and thank God that you have to truth, a gift from God Himself. God Bless, Rob.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 11:30:11 AM »

Doreen,
I too can relate to loosing friendships, and trust me, it hurts!!!  However, I find that the MOST HEART WRENCHING LOSSES THAT I HAVE EVER SUFFEREDIN MY LIFE IS MY EARTHLY FAMILY MEMBERS, AS WELL AS MY HUSBANDS' FAMILY MEMBERS.  For some reason loosing FRIENDS is not as much of a blow to my heart and mind as it is with family members; not that it is easy in loosing friendships either, it's just that family has always been constantly in our lives and usually always will be around us for life; it is the group of people that God Himself had me born into and put me with them

(Matt 10.37 is a difficult verse to live up to, but, we must, at all costs, if we expect to be blessed.)  This indeed is a huge test for me, since I have loved my family so much (too much probably...as one brother admonished me here by telling me that FAMILY may be an IDOL OF MY HEART!  I have been careful to not do that anymore.)  I find myself mourning over the loss of the feeling of being disconnected and the loss of closeness that I used to share with my family members; now the majority of them just ignore me, have written me off, and just want nothing to do with me anymore.  They only tolerate me. 

It is almost like we are looked upon by our family members as though we are being TRAITORS  since we won't participate and accept all that they do in their lives.

I know how ya feel my brother! 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »

Susan

I see where you are coming from. I am right there in the same spot! I have been rejected even BEFORE I came to Bible Truths! There is NO WAY I can give them reason to disdain me more because of the separation. Not all my family though. Just half.  ;D :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 12:42:55 AM »

Relationships!!!!!  One of the hardest things in life.

Lets keep each other in prayer--we all have this problem one way or another.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 01:04:44 AM »

Yes, and Amen Arcturus and Gena!  A daily struggle that i :)s in need of daily prayer.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.