bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me understand this... LUke 17:20-25  (Read 5923 times)

Lacey23

Help me understand this... LUke 17:20-25
« on: April 01, 2007, 03:13:58 AM »

Hey All,

I don't know if any of you rememeber me, I haven't been in here since last year. Anyway, I came to this scripture that kind of makes me think. It was about what Jesus said where Heaven is. Jesus was straightforward, he explained what Heaven is. He was clear, he said not to bother looking for it, said it's not a location, said it is within us. within our souls.  Thats why God said not to believe anyone who says heaven is up "above" or "over there" etc. I guess it's right here... within us. you must be wondering what the question i'm asking. Do you remember the scripture where it talked about Jesus returning to His Father after his resecurection, sp.  and His Father resides in Heaven,and Jesus said Heaven is within us,  It kind of makes it a bit confusing. does it mean GOd is within us, and if God is within us already, then Jesus is within us too. Its not a place. It's just that GOd lives in all of us? Okay- and later in the scripture below, it said that when Jesus returns, people wouldn't be expecting his arrival which means it is a time where People stopped beliving God maybe, and then he described what that time of Jesus' arrival would be like, saying that the people will be like hte people during the days of Noah. Gays, Lesbians, people getting married, and so on. read luke 17:20-25. I'm trying to understand this. if Jesus is in heaven, which heaven means it is within us. How will Jesus make his return? I mean I need to stop thinking literally. I know that Jesus represents peace, bec people kept on referring him as Prince of Peace? Maybe peace will come back after people start repenting of their ways, turning away from the age of doing evil? Please help me understand this. it'll be greatly appreciated and thanks!

Denise

Luke 17:20
[20] Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, [21] nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is WITHIN you.

Redbird

Re: Help me understand this... LUke 17:20-25
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 11:14:55 AM »

Hi Lacey,

That is a beautiful rose by the way!  I think what Jesus is saying is that no other man can know the hour in which Jesus comes to you, for that is an intimate time between you and the Lord.

Peace to You, Lisa

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:17:05 AM by Redbird »

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »

Hi Denise :)

Good to have you back. I think I remember you. :)

You asked:

Do you remember the scripture where it talked about Jesus returning to His Father after his resecurection, sp.  and His Father resides in Heaven,and Jesus said Heaven is within us,  It kind of makes it a bit confusing. does it mean GOd is within us, and if God is within us already, then Jesus is within us too. Its not a place. It's just that GOd lives in all of us?

This is really a tough question because it draws on the distinction between Heaven and God's Kingdom.

Luk 17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Luk 17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

This would seem that the Kingdom of God is infact spiritual and although it is within us, it is not yet fully attainable.

Mat 6:10  Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Here we are shown the distinction between the Kingdom and of Heaven. Christ, is not so much asking for us to pray for the coming of the kingdom, (for it is already within us) but rather, that it will be shown to us.

Christ gives us further witness to the kindom being something (spiritual) inside of us when he speaks to the Pharisees.

Mat 23:25  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

When Christ says: "But within" I believe he is saying that although the Pharisees do have the Kingdom of God within them, (possibly because all is within God) their carnal being regarding lust and pride for themselves has all but shut the kingdom out. This is interesting, because on the outside, they must have looked very impressive and knowledgeable. (Sounds like many preachers of today) :)

But as you say, many believe that Heaven is from above, even Christ used the term.

Jhn 19:11  Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

But what was Christ really meaning when he said "from above:

Above - anothen {an'-o-then} [509]

1) from above, from a higher place
    a) of things which come from heaven or God
2) from the first, from the beginning, from the very first
3) anew, over again

Could it be that heaven is from "above" inasmuch as it is a higher place or dimension, rather than a place somewhere beyond the furtherest galaxy? :)

I think this makes a lot of sense, considering that the entire universe is within God. It is my understanding that when the Kingdom is finally made known to us, we will see things for as they truly are for the first time. We cannot even begin to imagine to what extent we have been blinded by sin, lust and pride. :)

I hope this helps a little Denise,

Your brother in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:37:15 AM by YellowStone »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 12:29:27 PM »

Hi Denise,

Heaven is difficult to understand, because it is a spiritual place and all we have to relate to is physical things in this world.
Your question;

I'm trying to understand this. if Jesus is in heaven, which heaven means it is within us. How will Jesus make his return?

The heavenly kingdom is not of this world it is another world or realm altogether.
That's why Jesus said not to bother looking for it, it's not a location.

John 13:1  And before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come when He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own in the world, He loved them to the end.

John 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would fight so that I might not be delivered to the Jews. But now My kingdom is not from here.

The kingdom of heaven is a spiritual realm, and those who have the Holy Spirit given to them, this spiritual understanding of truth comes into them.  

John 15:26 Now, whenever the consoler which I shall be sending you from the Father may be coming, the spirit of truth which is going out from the Father, that will be testifying concerning Me."

1Th 4:8  Therefore he who despises does not despise man, but God, who also has given us His Holy Spirit.

This is the few, the elect that now have a taste of the kingdom of heaven, now in this life.  But they will not enter into the spiritual heavenly realm until they have been faithful to the end, and when Jesus appears, they will be like Him, SPIRIT.

John 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
v. 7  Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
v. 8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 02:03:43 PM »

Beautifully expounded.

Thank you Kat.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.