bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unpardonable sin?  (Read 5182 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Unpardonable sin?
« on: April 01, 2007, 04:43:35 PM »

Hi Ray, I would appreciate it so much if you could help me. I was reading your web page and am concerned that I have commited the unpardonable sin, this is the story:

I was fine, having dinner on the table when my friend told me about the unpardonable sin, which I didn't know existed.  I was so frightened that these blasphemous thoughts kept comming into my head, eg swear words etc... each time i rebuked them in the name of Jesus. Then the swear words stopped, then as I was researching about the unpardonable sin on the internet, a thought came into my head while i was reading about how the pharisee accused Jesus as drawing his power from a demon, - the thought was 'what if its true' came into my head - i then rebuked the thought in the name of Jesus. I am so worried and am suffering from depression, it has been 2 weeks now. I dont know if that thought was from me or from satan. What if it was from me - I just dont know??

During this whole situation, my desire for salvation through Jesus has become so strong and I have repented all of my sins and confessed them to God.

I believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose again and of course I am aware that my only means of salvation is through him. (i believed this both before and after the thought came into my head)

I cant help thinking that I am lost.

Please help me if you can.
        Alan

Dear Alan:
        If you had committed what is popularly referred to as "The Unpardonable SIN," believe me when I tell you, that you would not be worried about it. People who blaspheme against God's Holy Spirit and lower Jesus down to their level or the level of Satan or demons, do not worry at all about what they have done. If you are deeply concerned that you may have offended God, then for sure that is not an attitude of blaspheming God's Holy Spirit. It doesn't mean that you are saved, as we must all overcome and endure to be saved in the resurrection to life, but you can rest in your spirit and have no fear that you are hopelessly lost, for you are not.
        God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.