bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOME of the evil in the world?  (Read 5085 times)

Brett

SOME of the evil in the world?
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »

Hello :),

I was reading Ray's "Lake of Fire Series: Myth of Free Will part 15c" in 'The Kinddoms Of Satan and His Role as Adversary'. I wanted make sure if I understand right or not right, see below:

There is an important distinction to be made between [1] the “god of this world”—Satan/kosmokrator—world ruler—who is Satan (II Cor. 4:4/Eph. 6:12), and [2] the civil “powers” and “rulers” which are called “magistrates” in the Greek, who make laws that govern and suppress some of the evil in the world. Both the “world ruler/god of this world” AND the “powers and magistrates” are “ordained [Gk: ‘appointed’]” OF God, but one we are to “be subject to” but the other we are to “resist.”
(bolds and underline are mine)

Does this mean "some" evil in the world, but not all evil in the world?

Hope you can help ;).

Thanks a bunch,

Brett :D

josh

Re: SOME of the evil in the world?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 12:28:17 AM »

Brett,

We know that God created "evil."

Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

We also know that God Himself does not temp man to do evil.

Jam 1:13  Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Man is temped of his own lusts.

Jam 1:14  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed

Of which God made man subject to.

Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

God also created Satan.

Job 26:13  By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

And He (God) created Satan (the waster) for the purpose of destruction.

Isa 54:16  Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Satan is (by God's sovereign choice for this current age) the ruler of this world.

2Co 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

God has also appointed "higher powers" to be a "terror" or a restraint to evil.

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

But do earthly rulers restrain all evil or some? They restrain some evil by setting laws.. but they cannot restrain all... because even the very days are evil...

Eph 5:15  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

And the evil will only grow worse...

2Ti 3:12  Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

But PRAISE GOD that He will one day not only restrain ALL evil, but he will truly teach us righteousness so we will no longer desire evil.

1Co 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Hab 2:13  Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall labor in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity?
Hab 2:14  For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

But until that day... the "civil" powers and "rulers" of this world can only restrain some evil.

Hope this helps.

God's Peace.
Josh

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 10:21:11 AM by In Medias Res »

andrevan

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »

Brett, thanks for this question and for that section of Ray's writings. I have been thinking about this too, but had not yet found it in Ray's writings. Josh you nailed it for me, thanks so much  :).

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 09:34:30 AM »

Great post Josh,

Thanks x

God Bless
sandie
Walk in the Spirit

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 10:28:44 AM »

Great Post Josh :)

When the Scripture below says that Satan is the ruler of this world, what exactly does it mean? Is it the Earth, our Solar System, Galaxy or perhaps the entire universe? :)

2Co 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

I looked up the word "World" used in this verse and found the following:

World:  aion {ahee-ohn'} [165] Strongs

1) for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity
    2) the worlds, universe
    3) period of time, age

It is interesting that 2 of the 3 meanings do not reference a "place" at all, but rather a time or age.

We can see that the 'age' mentioned is definite because of qualifying word "this." So what exactly is the age? Is it the time since Christ, or possibly the time since the creation of man? Is the time all inclusive?

It would seem how God created Satan as a destroyer or waster (Isa 54:16) That Satan would have destroyed all of creation by now, but is this his intent? Does he rather not want to destroy man's love for God?

Perhaps the word "World" refers not only to an age, but to the lustful, prideful nature of man. If we look at this a little closer, then Satan surely is the underlying God of us. :(

Paul spoke of this:

Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

It is the true believer of God who is at constant war with Satan; the battle never ceases. But we need never fight him alone. He can only rule "us" when the love for oneself is held closer than the love for God. :(

God will protect us while ever we keep our faith in him strong! :)

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. :)

Love to all,

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »

Hi Josh,

I think you have cover the whole evil thing very well.

Hi Darren,

You connected up 'world' with 'age,' so we can see that Satan will only rule this world/age until Christ returns to bring His kingdom.

Rev 11:15 And, the seventh messenger, sounded; and there came to be loud voices in heaven, saying—The kingdom of the world, hath become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign unto the ages of ages.

Here are a couple of emails of Ray's that help explain the 'world.'

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1348.0.html ------

Dearest Ray

You are a "ray" of light! Please would you tell me what Jesus could have meant in John 17:9 where He excluded the world in His prayer. Who did he mean to be excluded?

Thank you & bless you
Deborah

Dear Deborah:
Good question.
The "world" represents two entities in Scripture:  [1] The Church, Judaism, the Whore, Mystery Babylon the Great, and [2] The social system of the the nations in general.

Jesus referred to both in John's Gospel account:

"...but be of good cheer; I have overcome the WORLD"  (John 16:33).  What "world?"  Did He overcome China?  Japan?  Indolnesia?  No, Jesus overcame the world of Judaism--"He came unto His own [the Jews] but they received Him NOT," and hence He had to overcome them all the days of his earthly ministry.

But in John 17:24 read, "...for You loved Me before the foundation of the WORLD" is speaking of the whole "kosmos"--the whole system of world governments.

Jesus prayed for NEITHER of these two "worlds," as their destiny is solidly fixed by God's divine providence, and therefore prayer would be of no value. Jesus does not pray that His Father's Prophecies should NOT come to pass, and neither do God's Elect pray such nonsense as is parroted daily over the air waves "pray for world peace."  Nonsense. There will be no world peace--God has already decreed it.
God be with you,
Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,304.0.html-------

babylon is the world system, education, religion and ecconomic.

education: lies with in them, you know what they are! evolution, etc.
religoun: eternal tormant and all the rest of false doctrines every religion has them, Christ in you is our religion.

economic: get rich brings happiness,,etc.

everyone of these mixes truth with lies.

((((chosen out of the world))))) not the "church'

overcome the world not overcome the church.

if Christ is in you!!! he overcame it Wink

Jhn 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

1Jo 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

Jhn 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have (((((((chosen you out of the world)))))), therefore the world hateth you.

there is plenty more Wink
peace
chuckt

Dear Chuck:

Wrong.  The "world" IS the Church, first and foremost. Secondarily it is the global world of nations and politics.

When Jesus said that He overcame "the world," certainly both aspects are covered (John16:33).  A few verses later when Jesus said: "While I was with them in the WORLD, I kept them in Your Name..." (John 17:12), He is speaking of the religion of the Jews--the church.  Jesus was not with the disciples in China or Russia, but in Judea which was religious to the core. EVERYONE was religious. ALL Jews of Judea were followers of Moses in some form or fashion.

"They are not of the WORLD [the religion of their own people in their own country Judea], even as I was not of the world...As You have sent Me into the world [not the nations, not the politics of Rome, etc.], EVEN SO [in the very same way] I also sent them into the world [the original apostles did not take the gospel to the Gentiles of the world]" (Verse 16 & 18).

Verse 24: "...for You loved Me before the foundation of the world [here again is the broader sense of the whole "kosmos" which involved the entire social order of mankind.

So, Yes, the word world in Scripture has the specific meaning of the Church or the Religion of the day.

God be with you,

Ray
--------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Brett

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »

But do earthly rulers restrain all evil or some? They restrain some evil by setting laws.. but they cannot restrain all... because even the very days are evil...

Very well, Josh. Thank you for your quotes Scripture and comments! ;)

Thank you, Darren & Kat for the sharing. I understand most of you well.

From what I see in the scriptures said that all (not some) people (mankind) had and have evil things against God, and no one except evil act. For i.e., Job was very righteousness but still he had evil in him by blaming God, condemn God and Job think he is perfect flesh and without marred, that was evil against God because God created all mankind in marred. (Of course, Job confessed his flesh was marred at the end). And in Roman 3:23 said "all have sinned", so what they did sin is by evil doers.

Am I right understand or off?

Brett :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.