bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everlasting  (Read 5019 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Everlasting
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:09:50 PM »

Dear Ray,

If the Hebrew word "olam" can never mean "everlasting", but ALWAYS just "a period of time that eventually comes to an end", then how can you explain Daniel 7:14?

Daniel 7:14
        "...His dominion is an EVERLASTING dominion, which [talking about His dominion now] shall NOT PASS AWAY..."

How can His DOMINION only last for a period of time [i.e. shall eventually pass away/come to an end], but then NOT pass away/come to an end at the same time? Isn't this like saying, "My stomach ache will only last for a definite period of time, which shall NOT pass away"? Sounds like an oxy moron to me!

Any reasonable explanation for this one, cause I'm stumped?!
        Cheers,
        Jeremy

Dear Jeremy:  I have stated many many times now, that a statement of FACT is not a statement of LIMITATION, unless there are words of limitation in the statement. Example: "God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." This is a statement of Scriptural FACT without any words of limitation in it. Notice that this verse does not state that "God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob ONLY."  No, it contains no such word of limitation.  Therefore we can believe without contradiction that God is ALSO the God of Joseph, David, and Moses.

Now then, the statement that "...His dominion is an EVERLASTING [Heb: 'olam'/eonian] dominion..." is just such a statement of fact. It does not say that "His dominion is an eonian dominion, ONLY," does it?  No, it IS EONIAN--that is the statement of fact. But the whole statement tells us MORE...."His dominion is an eonian dominion [statement of fact], which will not pass away [another statement of fact], and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed [ANOTHER statement of fact]."  Now WHERE is the statement or words that LIMIT those three statement of facts?

God is an "EVERLASTING God" Rom. 16:26. That is, He is an "aionios/eonian God." and guess what? Neither does God pass away, and neither is God ever destroyed. God is the GOD OF THE EONS which He creates in Christ Jesus (Heb. 1:2--"world" in Greek is aions/ages/eons].  Jesus Christ and His saints reign "for ever and ever" (Rev. 22:5), yet, Christ and His saints' reign comes to an end when all enemies are put under His feet (I Cor. 15:25-26).

Hope this helps your understanding.
        God be with you,
        Ray

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:41:00 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.