bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All men  (Read 5421 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
All men
« on: April 11, 2006, 01:49:08 PM »

hello again ray,
i am continuing my lake of fire studies part 5 and have a question regarding page 23 of that particular study.  on that pg. you are discussing verse 3 of 1 tim. 2 where it is written "for this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour...".  towards the end of page 23 the study shows that "God says in 1 tim. 2:3 that it is "good and acceptable" that all men come to a knowledge of the truth and that all men be saved.  this is fact."  i am in total agreement that God will have all men come to a knowledge of the truth and that all men will be saved, but, i thought the statements in 1 tim. 2:1-2 where paul is exhorting timothy that "supplications, prayers, intercessions, giving thanks for all men, kings, and all in authority that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty" is what verse 3 is referring to as "good and acceptable in the sight of God and our Saviour".  i confess that i don't have the knowledge or access right now to better translations of the Scriptures than a comparative study bible i have which includes the king james, amplified, new american standard, and new international versions, but, in reading through them i thought that 1 tim. 2: 3 was referring to verses 1-2.  ray, please help me have a better understanding on this.

sincerely,
claudia

Dear Claudia:
I have had several wanna be scholars insist to me that the context of verses 1 and 2 shows that verses 3 and 4 are not speaking of "all men." What nonsense.

Back in Chapter 1:15 we read: "...Christ Jesus came into the world to SAVE SINNERS;  of whom I am chief."  Are "all men" SINNERS?  Well guess what then?  JESUS CAME TO SAVE THEM.

Chapter 2:1-6; 4:10--"pray....for ALL  MEN...Who will have ALL MEN...a ransom FOR ALL [men]...God Who is the Saviour of ALL MEN...."

Etc., etc., etc.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.