bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern Newbie signs up ^^  (Read 5216 times)

NickyM

Northern Newbie signs up ^^
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:22:46 PM »

Hello. I thought that it would be nice from me to introduce myself properly instead of just lurking around here, and I thought that now would be a good time to do it since I'm in a mood for posting.

So, what should I tell you about myself. I think I'll just tell some basic stuff about me and you can ask me anything you like if you're interested.

So, my name is Niko, but I prefer to be called Nicky when I'm referred to in an english conversation, because its much easier to say, because we pronounce the name differently in Finnish than an English-speaking person would pronounce it.

As said, I'm a Finn, and to you, who don't know where Finnland is, I can tell that it's in between of Sweden and Russia. And I hope that you know where Russia is though. =P

I'm 18 and I go to high school here in my town, Nokia. Yes yes, you can tell me all about the telephone, some just think that I'm fooling around when I say I'm from Nokia. They just say that I can't be, what am I trying to say, because Nokia is a cellphone brand. I might as well say that I'm from Siemens or Motorola. But I'm not, I'm from Nokia, and this town existed before the cellphone and the cellphone's name comes from this town, as some may have guessed knowing that Nokia is a Finnish corporation. ^^

Well, what would you be interested in.. Well, if I would have joined a baseball-forum, I probably would tell how long I've played, but this is a bible-truths-forum, so I think I'll tell you something about my religious background.

Before I start I would like to say that our church-culture is far different than the american. Peope in here don't go to church every sunday and it's not concidered as a bad thing. You go when you feel like it, it is not an obligation, not a religious or a cultural one. And of course there are those people who go attend church every week, but the majority doesn't, and there is nothing speacial about it and they may be even concidered as active christians if christ is a part of their everyday live.

Almost every children in Finnland is baptized, and in their 15's most of the youth goes to a confirmation camp, where they teach about the bible and about Jesus and about the doctrines. (I can tell you about their teachings, if you want to know more.) After the camp there is a confirmation ceremony where you confirm your faith in christ. After that you are a full member of the church and you can marry and be a godfather and a godmother and you can partake in the supper.

Now about me and my background. I come from a protestant (Lutheran) family. We didn't go to church very often, but I was raised as a christian. I went to the confirmation camp and enjoyed it there. I didn't find any new answers though, but I enjoyed the fun and the good spirit in there.

After my camp I thought that I had so much fun that I would like to share that experience with others, so I decided to go to a training, after which they can hire you as an assistant to the camp. Well, guess what I learned during that training? I had my hopes up that I would at least learn something spiritual. Nope, I spent two years, hour once in a week (not on holidays or vacations) on that training, and they taught me how to build team spirit and how to entertain and I was taught different games that I could play with the "little ones" on camp, as they were referred. I learned nothing new. No spiritual knowledge. Just games and fun stuff.

Well, I worked at two different camps after the two years training. I made few friends and I'm VERY grateful for that. But then the climax of this story is about to come. I hope that I have not put you into sleep with this long posting. As I said, I'm in the mood for writing. I hope that someone would actually enjoy reading this too.

But let's enter the climax: The second camp, end of the summer.

There was a bible study, where you could ask any questions that were bothering you. There were the priest, the director of the camp and the assistants, which includes me. The "little ones" were asking questions and we tried to answer them. I noticed, and the friend of mine noticed too, that I gave better answers to some of the questions than the priest! How come I can answer to some things even the bible-educated priest, who has spend at least 5 years studying theology, can't find an answer to? What has she done in those 5 years if I, a 16 year old boy back then, could give more satisfying answers to the groups questions than the priest? Well, I thought that the situation was totally absurd. =D

After the camp I went to the church's training again, it was like an extension to the training I had. And I learned one of the most important things there: I didn't learn anything! I was wasting my time there, I didn't learn anything new of God, so I quit.

About a year after that I withdrew my membership from that church. It was a shock for my mother. She thought about how terrible it would be if I would die before her and wouldn't receive ceremonial burial in the church and about how I can never get married in a church and things about that. That is probably the main reason why I quit the church. The church institution is more important to people nowadays than the truths of God.

Even people who do not believe have their children baptized in Finland. It is a custom, the child receives a name that way. People who don't believe have also church weddings. The institution is more important than God to them. The church offers different kinds of services and ceremonies, but they do not offer the truth.

But let's move on to the truth. I had problems about good and evil and lucifer turning from good into evil by his own will without God planning it to happen. If God foreknew everything, wouldn't that mean that God knew that Satan is going to turn bad? If God is good then how come there is evil, because when God created the world, He must have known that evil would have come into existance. But how is this possible that God created evil if He's good. I figured out myself that good wouldn't exist without evil. But the bigger thing that I stumbled upon was that if God is love, how come a place called Hell exist, where people are tormented for absolutely no good reason? Why wouldn't just kill them?

Well, I asked many questions and when I researched, God lead me to this site. Since then I have studied intensily and now I don't feel like I'm on thin ice anymore. I feel like I finally stand on the rock. Finally I know things. Finally much of my questions have answers. Finally I feel that I have a God, that you can truly say, is LOVE. I found the God, who I can love with all my heart. He doesn't torture people for all eternity. God chastens and raises us to be His children. We are all important to Him, every sinner out there is important to God and He will save every one of them trough the Lake of Fire. I finally can call the gospel the gospel.

For ending I would like to thank God for leading me and you here to get to know the truth.

Please ask me anything you'd like to know, I'll be happy to answer.

And I feel like I have to apologize for making this post so long and I'm proud of you if you have succeeded to read this all way trough. I would say you are pretty patient, you have sleeping problems for not falling asleep reading this five metres long post, or maybe you're interested in what I'm saying. ^^

Your brother in Christ,
Nicky

(This post can contain multiple typing errors, because it's 2:22 am now and I'm not a native english speaker, so forgive me. ^^)

hillsbororiver

Re: Northern Newbie signs up ^^
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to the Forum!

I must say you did an infinitely better job typing in English than I could in Finnish, there is absolutely no doubt about that. Yours is a very interesting testimony that was easy to read and amazing to me that at such a young age you were called to His Truths.

There are many folks here from outside the USA and I always find it fascinating when they speak of their home country.

Thank you for sharing your background with us.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:13:15 PM »

Hi Nicky,

I am glad you decided to introduce yourself.  What you have told us about attenting church in Finnland was interesting.  I am thinking you are very aware of Biblical subjects for a young person.  And now you know more, about Bible truths than most people of any age.
So do you share what you have learned with other people?  If so how do they respond?  Probably not many you can talk to there, like most of us.
We are happy for you to fellowship with us here, and you have all of us to share things with  :)
If you have a question do not hesitate to ask.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to the forum!
Your post was very interesting.
Thank you for sharing your experiences,
and about your countries church-culture.

Iris

DWIGHT

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:01:10 AM »

Hi Nicky,

Welcome in the name of the Lord.  Like Kat says, you're knowledge of the truth surpasses most peoples ages.  Then again, Paul told Timothy, let no man despise thy youth.  We hope to get to know you through fellowship in Him, and hope you'll enjoy this wonderful journey with us.

In Him,

Dwight 

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 02:08:58 AM »

Wow Nicky, what excellent English you speak ! ;)  Welcome and congratulations on seeking and finding the Truth!  You are a pretty wise and young man to know as much truth as you do.   god has really blessed you, i can see that!  Have you read all of Rays' papers?  You are a very interesting guy Nicky.  Have you ever been to the United States?  You would get along and fit in very well over here,  I am sure.  It sounds as if God has some great plans for you to start living out!  Count yourself blessed b/c I am 45 y.o. and just learned the full meaning of HIS TRUTHS a year ago.  Do you have any like minded believers where you live that you van fellowship wiht?  God has certainly sacttered HIS children all of the globe, hasn't he?

So what kind of baseball teams do they have over there?  i used to go and watch Johnny Bench and Pete Rose play when I was a kid and living in Cincinnati, Ohio. :o  I used to play firstbase on a girls soft ball league and I was able to help us to become the winners for our age division in Cincinnati by making a grand slam homerun (the only grand slam that I ever hit too...)  I am sorry, I digress... ;)

Oh, btw, I live in a country all it's own....TEXAS ;) ;D ;D

andrevan

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 09:19:53 AM »

Hello Nicky, & welcome. Thanks for sharing your amazing story, I'm so happy that you found these truths.

Andrevan.

NickyM

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »

So do you share what you have learned with other people?  If so how do they respond?  Probably not many you can talk to there, like most of us.

Yes, I have started to speak some of the truths. But only the truths I can understand, so I won't get into an awkward position on a debait.

I have one friend who has also withdrawn his membership. I can talk freely about all these things with him and I think that he could start to understand these truths if he would study (but only if God has ment it so, of course). He can understand that not everyone is chosen to understand these truths and that many priests and ministers do not have a clue on what they are talking about.

Then there are those people who are absolutely blind. One girl, who I tried to share these truths with, just didn't think that there is anything wrong in Hell. I asked her, that how can God be love and torture people for all eternity. She just started to explain about free will and how we can choose to go to heaven and it wouldn't be love if God would force us there. I tried to make her see that even if we had a free will, there is no way that God can be love if He TORTURES FOR NO REASON. Why then doesn't God simply just make those people vanish.

This may be little funny, but it's sad, very sad, actually, that someone really thinks like this: I asked her the question in the simplest form: does she think that ETERNAL punishment is just. She said that YES it is! That is creepy and sick... Whoa... I'm pretty amazed how someone can say that with clear eyes and does not hesitate in admitting it! Horrible, just horrible, I think... =(

Have you read all of Rays' papers?

No, I can't say that I have. And I probably will read those which I have again, because there are probably things, that I didn't pay too much attention on the first read. Now I'm listening to his audios, which are also very interesting.

Have you ever been to the United States?

Nope, I haven't. Maybe I visit US sometime, but not in the near future, because I have to spend my money on studying and ensure my living and income here before I can travel abroad.

You would get along and fit in very well over here,  I am sure.

I don't doubt that, I'm sure that I would get along with you guys just fine, but I wouldn't move to america, because I like the way things are here. =)

Do you have any like minded believers where you live that you van fellowship wiht?  God has certainly sacttered HIS children all of the globe, hasn't he?

I have one friend, with whom I discuss these things now, but I hope that God does open some eyes around here, so that we wouldn't feel so alone.

So what kind of baseball teams do they have over there?

Heh, to be honest, I don't know. I don't know even a single team's name. I'm not so much into sports. I play some badminton with my dad and thats about the only sport I'm into.

But about excersise, I like to wander around in woods and walk. Its good for your body and when you just walk, you can think these spiritual truths in the same time. I told you this, because I would like to suggest it to you too. Its very nice to get away from the computer once and go to a forest where its silent and the air is fresh and you can walk and think freely without any disturbance.

Oh, I just remembered that I didn't tell you about my hobbies. I'm not into sports, but I'm more like an artistic person. I love music and it's my passion. I play piano/keyboard. People say that I play well although I have never taken any lessons. (Well, maybe one or two, but the teacher made me play some old pop songs, so I quit. And I also I realized that I didn't learn anything there too. =D)

I think that music is one of the greatest things that God has created. It's so beautifull thing. It reminds me of how great God is, even if I play my own songs, I couldn't play if God hadn't created music. I like to think God often as an Artist, because that word describes well the beuty of this creation. All can create or produce something, but this world, it's indeed ART.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »

Hi Nicky,

Well you do have one friend that will listen to you.  It is hard to keep it to yourself, my daughter will listen to me, and she agrees too.  But she is not seeking and not having have eyes open, so our talks are very limited.  She is the only one I even try to talk to, because as Jesus said to His disciples before they were converted.

Joh 16:12  "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now."

It is good you realize you need to reread the articles on BT.  I seems that as I started reading the articles, I didn't have the knowledge to understand what I was reading in the beginning, to understand it.  So when I did reread it, I had the understanding from having read through it all ready and got much more out of it the second time.  But even now I find things I didn't see, no matter how many times I have read it.

I look at having been giving the understanding of this truth as a great blessing, that not many people receive.  So instead of seeking people that will receive this truth, I trust God will send them to me to ask.  I don't keep what I believe a secret, but I don't like dealing with the hostility of those that do not understand.

You are doing so well, you seem to have a good understanding and keeping things in your life in a good perspective.  I'm impressed with your maturity level.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 02:00:02 PM »

Hi Nicky,
I guess I better clarify myself, ...you would get along well here at the BT forum live fellowships since you speak English so well. 

Hopefully the Lord will send you the fellowship with like minded believers soon.  (I had to read all of the BT info BEFORE I found others that I was able to be in full unity with; which was this forum.; praise GOd.)  I had partial unity with those whom are trying to come out of Babylon, but, it is not the depth that is needed for spiritual edification.

My husband was the drummer for the last congregation that we were in, but hasn't done it since.  God gives muscial abilities to many, I am not one of them ;)...as I say... I am musically challenged ;).  My little one has a propensity for piano, but, time will tell if he developes it fully or notave a, he is 8 yo.....

Keep up the good work little brother, I am sure that God has an intereting future for you :D

PKnowler

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to BT forum! I was very blessed by your testimony. It is wonderful that God is drawing you at a young age. It is very interesting to hear about your land and culture in Finnland. You seem very wise for a your age. I look forward to getting to know you.

Bless you!  :)
~Paula

Nelson

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 01:42:49 PM »

Hi Nicky,

Welcome, enjoy spiritual fellowship and encouragement here at BT.

Love, grace and peace to you

Nelson

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »

Welcome to the forum.  Glad you are here.  Glad you have posted and stepped out from lurking.  Look forward to getting to know you more through your posts.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 07:27:31 PM »

Hi Nick.  Welcome.  I enjoyed your testimony and I did NOT fall asleep!! :D

I was not in Finland, but have visited Sweden.  My son was in Finland 2 years ago.  He was a Marine stationed in Estonia--lots of Finns came over for partying!

God Bless You and be comfortable here at the forum!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.