bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Brother Job  (Read 9353 times)

hillsbororiver

Brother Job
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »

Job 10

1My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

2I will say unto God, Do not condemn me; shew me wherefore thou contendest with me.

(Aren’t we all impatient at times with the seemingly long and tedious process of correction & chastisement?)

3Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked?

4Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth?

(This was certainly addressed by the Lord in the person of Jesus)

5Are thy days as the days of man? are thy years as man's days,

6That thou enquirest after mine iniquity, and searchest after my sin?

7Thou knowest that I am not wicked7561; and there is none that can deliver out of thine hand.

(Would this not be read and understood more clearly had this been translated; “Thou knowest I am not wrong that none can deliver out of thine hand?”)

H7561
רשׁע
râsha‛
raw-shah'
A primitive root; to be (causatively do or declare) wrong; by implication to disturb, violate: - condemn, make trouble, vex, be (commit, deal, depart, do) wicked,

8Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me.

(This question is certainly one most of us have had or continue to have from time to time.)

9Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?

10Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese?

(I love this analogy)

11Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.

(Sounds like prison, feels like prison……..)

12Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

13And these things hast thou hid in thine heart: I know that this is with thee.

14If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from mine iniquity.

15If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction;

(Confusion, torn, of two minds, just like Paul describes later in Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.)

16For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me.

(Have we not experienced the intensity of correction? Of trying but failing to run away from His scrutiny? But also the compassion and love He generously provides us when we seek Him.)

17Thou renewest thy witnesses against me, and increasest thine indignation upon me; changes and war are against me.

(Does this bring the Revelation to mind?)

18Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me!

19I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave.

(That would have been much easier, but not as rewarding.)

20Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little,

(Judgment now rather than later but don’t many of us ask this question at times?)

21Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;

22A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness.

(Faith in the resurrection He has promised and given us an example of also provides the hope of a better promise we have been given.
Heb 8:6But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.)

I ran across Job 10 as I was cross referencing something else and thought I would share it.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Kat

Re: Brother Job
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 11:27:22 AM »

Hi Joe,

Thanks for bringing that scripture out and giving your insight into it.
That really does describe things that we all face, trying to keep going in this life.
I think the more we are given eyes to see spiritual things, the less this life is appealing to us.  We have the hope of the resurrection, and we begin to long for His return, so we can leave this carnal flesh behind.
But we must continue and not become weary.

Heb 12:1  Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
v. 2  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
v. 3  For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »

Hi Kat,

Thank you for the beautiful and encouraging response, Paul addresses this again in 2Cor 4 giving a sobering message of hope and joy as we experience this duality of mind and spirit.

2Cor Chapter 4

6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

10Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

11For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

12So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

13We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

14Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

15For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

16For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

What an excellent perspective!

His Peace to you,

Joe

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

Joe,

Thank you my faithful brother. The story of Job is humiliating and always a good study.

Kat, you made the following comment: "I think the more we are given eyes to see spiritual things, the less this life is appealing to us."

I think I understand what you are saying; are you saying that the carnal ways of mankind is becoming tiresome, or are you saying that this physical life is not as appealing any more.

Job endured much hardship, but his faith never waivered. As such, God never forgot him.

Job 42:10  And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Job 42:12  So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

Forgive me my dear sister for bringing the following Scripture to attention yet again; however, it's message shakes me every time I read and think of it.

Rom 1:20  
  • For the invisible [spiritual] things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

God created this world so that All could learn of him completely. The lessons contained in creation are available to all and freely given. Yet, not all see the importance, or see the spiritual significance of God's handiwork. Paul speaks of them in the following verse.

Rom 1:21  
  • Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

WOW!!!  "When they knew God......they glorified him NOT!"   :o

This life as such, is EXTREMELY appealing to me, not for the material possesion I might gain, for God has promised them.

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever

But rather for the continued advancement of enlightment and spiritual appreaciation that grows in me for our God and Father, every single day. I pray that I never have to experience what Job went through, but I pray that I will never stop learning of God through all that is around me and that my "own" circumstance's never blind me.

Yet we can learn much about the dark days, and we should never forget them.

Ecc 11:8 But if a man live many years, [and] rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that cometh [is] vanity.

One should never stop rejoicing in all that God has given us (spiritual and physical)

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Jhn 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

I believe that we should be thankful for this life and see it not as a burden but an opportunity by God to truly learn of him.

Does this make sense to you? To anyone?  Comments are welcome.

Your brother in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:52:52 PM by YellowStone »

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 04:16:44 PM »

Hi Joe, Kat and Darren,

I think you all bring up an important lesson.  Jesus talks about this alot in the gospels ~

Mark 8:35  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.  26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be; if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.

Love in Christ, Lisa

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »

Lisa,

You posted a wonderful set of Scriptures.

John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

So what does it mean by 'loving' and 'hating' our life in this world?

Many will take the words at face value and think they are as nothing, that their life means nothing and it matters not what they do to their bodies. What is more, there can be know enjoyment, because enjoying can be equated to loving. Right?

Wrong! :)

1Cr 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Does God want us to starve his temple, to lock it away or self mutilate it? I think not. God has given us this life to partake in, to learn of God from and to enjoy and marvel at. However, he did not give us everything so that the "world" replaces Him as the #1 focus of our hearts. Satan wants that. Satan's aim is to make the world and everything in it our motivator and idol.

So whosoever loves the world more than God, will lose his life; whilst those who love God and honor him in everthing, even marveling the work of his hands will keep their life forever.

How can anyone begin to appreciate the works of Gods hands without him opening ones eyes?

2Pe 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2Pe 1:5 ¶ And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2Pe 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:9  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

We have so much to be thankful and gracious to God for. These are not things made by man, as if man could compete. :)

Great post Lisa :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Redbird

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 06:28:39 PM »

Darren,

Thank you so much for that.  That is right where I am now.  Learning to walk in this Newness of Life and learning to Love God's way.

Love in Christ, Lisa

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 06:48:57 PM »

But we must continue and not become weary.

Hi Kat,

I certainly agree we should persevere but do you believe not becoming weary is possible in this present condition in the flesh? I am seeing that we are to work through the weariness by faith and to search His Word in prayer when we experience times of spiritual frustration or weakness.

We have an example here of Jesus being weary (in His flesh) but yet spiritually strong and His apostles being weak both spiritually (although the spirit was willing) and physically.

Mark 14

29But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I.

30And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.

31But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.

32And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.

33And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;

34And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.

35And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.

36And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

37And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?

38Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

39And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.

40And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.

This life as such, is EXTREMELY appealing to me, not for the material possesion I might gain, for God has promised them.

Hello Darren,

I think I know what you are saying here; that the knowledge of Christ and His Father's plan and purpose for His children is an awesome and inspiring revelation I do believe that the day to day life of a believer is one of trial and tribulation. My experience has been things I thought were behind me once again come to life, dealing with these feelings and temptations have often brought me to despair, what to do, where to go?

In weak moments or even when old unrepented sins are brought into the light I know I should be thankful for the correction but my emotion is more likely to be a knotted stomach and consternation rather than shouts of joy, without a doubt I am not as far along in this journey as others but I do feel that there are many who have been experiencing these same emotions.

Some time ago when I was a "newbie" here I would read posts from some members on how they were always in this state of euphoria because of Christ in their lives, Him being in control and all was well, things are already all worked out in their journey.

When I would read posts like that I would truly question whether I was going in the right direction or whether I was doomed because there is no way I can honestly say I am content and at peace at all times in all situations, there are times when I truly want this body of corruption to be gone and to be spiritually one with our Lord, at other times I am thankful for the progress and knowledge He has so generously provided and the Light of His Word shines brightly in my spirit.

I guess what I am saying is this duality of spirit versus flesh is something I find very real and sometimes exhausting but I will not give up this fight, if I get knocked down, fall or stumble I know He will be there to pick me up once again.

Hebrews 12

5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 06:59:48 PM »

Hello Joe

what you wrote here I can relate to : 11Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.

(Sounds like prison, feels like prison..)
........unquote

We are limited in so many ways. We can not see ultra violet or infra red spectrum's. We do not know everything and we can not be everywhere at the same time! In deed we are like in a prison!

We have to learn through these limits and restrictions and we have Christ to share our yoke. The yoke can be light only if Christ is on our side! We learn through our trials and our errors that  we are weak, we fail and we are liable to temptations. It is not pleasant finding out that we are not there yet in the full image of Christ who has conquered all!

Hewbrews 4 : 15 for we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with OUR WEAKNESSES  and INFIRMITIES and  LIABILITY TO THE ASAULTS OF TEMPTATION,.....

I believe that the way to the Kingdom is through the limitations and there is much to inspire and encourage us in understanding through the beauty of the Creator reflected in the beauty of His creation.

Rom 14 : 17 After all, the kingdom of God is not a matter of getting the food and drink one likes, but instead it is righteousness that state which makes a person acceptable to God and heart peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 12:29:33 AM »

I guess I feel like this world is good in many ways.  I love my family, enjoy being with them very much.  There is much beauty in this world too.  There is the beauty in nature; baby animals are precious, the oceans are filled with wonders, and I love to look at flowers and butterflies, there is so much to take pleasure in and admire about it all.
This life is well worth what we have to endure in it, and then for a few, we are given the knowledge of the truth.  This began for me a journey of learning profound knowledge, and I hope for this to continue the rest of my life.
So I can see the good in this life, as Paul said;

2Co 4:15  For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
v. 16  So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
v. 17  For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,
v. 18  because we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

So it is the "eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison," that I look forward to.  This life is transient, it is a momentary existence until we reach real life, if we endure to the end.

1Co 15:42  So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable.
v. 43  It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
v. 44  It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body.

When I read this scripture I think of what we have now; physical body that's perishable, sown in dishonor and weakness.
What we will have if we obtain the first resurrection; spiritual body that's imperishable, raised in glory and power.
When I think of how wonderful to be given that spiritual body, and I don't even have the terrible suffering some here have, it can not compare to this flesh body.
I believe that what is to come is beyond anything we can imagine and I long for Christ to return to earth in power and glory.

Rom 8:18  I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
v. 19  For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God;

1John 3:2  Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be. But we know that when He shall be revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Robin

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 07:55:12 AM »

I've struggled really hard with all of this. God had to dig really deep and in the process I lost a lot of who I was. I gained some peace and contentment and knowledge of the truth, but it seems I was left emotionally empty and that hasn't been replaced. I'm not sure if it ever will be in this life. I find it hard to stay at all motivated because I've lost interest in the things of the world. It doesn't feel like home here now. I do want to stay and give my children and grandchildren love and support. I know they still need me. I also appreciate all that God has given me both pysically and spiritually. I still can't get over the fact that I know these truths that so many others can't see or hear. We are all very blessed for that reason alone. Nothing gives me more joy than learning new truth which reveals more of who God is.

Philippians 3
7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Redbird

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 09:15:27 AM »

Good morning M.G.,

Your post touched me.  I agree, this doesn't feel like home.  But, I am now learning:  The less I watch t.v. and the news, the more it feels like home, the less I hang around negative people, the more it feels like home.  The less I overspend, the more it feels like home and the less I overeat, the more it feels like home.  The less I give evil merit, the more it feels like home.

The more time I admire and spend in nature, the more it feels like home.  The more I look to God, the more it feels like home and the more I love his creation, the more it feels like home.  So, the more I come out of the ways of the world, I feel more at peace.  Maybe the end, means getting back to the beginning ~ where God saw that it was good!  May we all learn to approach the TREE OF LIFE with boldness and confidence.

Love in Christ, Lisa

YellowStone

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »

MG.

Your post was very touching. The emptiness you describe is not uncommon, I know I went through it myself and felt very much like a rhyme without a reason. However, slowly the emptiness began to subside, being replaced with apprecaiation, awe and gratitude, over all that our God and Father has provided us.

Lisa,

You wrote the following and it encapsulates everything I have been trying to say. :)

The less I watch t.v. and the news, the more it feels like home, the less I hang around negative people, the more it feels like home.  The less I overspend, the more it feels like home and the less I overeat, the more it feels like home.  The less I give evil merit, the more it feels like home.

The more time I admire and spend in nature, the more it feels like home.  The more I look to God, the more it feels like home and the more I love his creation, the more it feels like home.  So, the more I come out of the ways of the world, I feel more at peace.  Maybe the end, means getting back to the beginning ~ where God saw that it was good!  May we all learn to approach the TREE OF LIFE with boldness and confidence.

This is it!  :)  The more that we come out of the "Ways" (mans) of the world, the more we can appreaciate our (current) home, this wonderful place God gave us to live. Our eyes begin to open and fill with the splendor that surrounds us. Who surrounds us totally and completely? God and He is right there before us.

Coming out of the World does not imply that we have to reject Gods creation. Lisa, you positively nailed it.

Phl 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: [and] again I say, Rejoice.

And take comfort and find peace knowing his will is being done in his time.

May God bless you all,

Your brother,
Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 10:01:42 AM »

Joh 15:19  If ye were of the world the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Joh 17:14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

The Prophets also felt this seperation from the world;

Heb 11:13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

It wasn't my intention to be meloncholy or depressing because I truly do not feel that way, it perhaps is impatience on my part for wanting His Kingdom established yesterday.

I have noticed there are certain times I see people going about their daily lives and I get an insight into the pain, frustration and worries of their present condition, an empathy for folks I do not know, this is relatively new to me. It is not like I am psychic (hopefully not psycho either) but I can sense the uncertainty people have as to why they are here, why the world is as it is and what is to become of us all.

There certainly is much beauty in this world, I marvel at His creation constantly, I love watching the birds in my backyard and the river, the richness of the colors all around me, the sky, the water, the foliage the wildlife. The delicate and intricate beauty of the flowers, the Craftmanship of a bird's feather is a work of art, the attention to what would appear to be a minor detail gives us a glimpse into the Heart & Mind of our Creator.

With that being said I am anxious for more than an "earnest" in our spiritual lives, I want the fullness of the promise, I understand that I am not yet ready that I need more refinement but I cannot deny the desire.

Romans 8

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Praise our Lord!

Joe

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:22:29 AM by hillsbororiver »

rj

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 11:32:47 AM »

Hey All,

I see life at this time a little different, and maybe some or all have been at this point at one time, and moved on, and like Joe, i dont think i'm a depressed person. I have family and friends , and we get together a lot especially during the summer, but even in the good time, i'm feeling come quickly Lord Jesus.

This body of sin and death is what i hate, its kinda like the nightmares i had as a kid. standing in the middle of a railroad track, and i can see sin coming a mile away barreling down like a fast moving south bound freight train, and ya want to get out of its way, you struggle to move, but can't, so the train run you over and the sin has passed, your laying there cut to pieces crying out to God for forgiveness, and at the same time knowing that unless God gives you the strength to get out of the tracks, that the same train that just ran you over would be returning north eventually.

Joe i do get comfort from.

Romans 8.35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

YellowStone

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »

Oh I hear you brother Joe,

I have come to realize that for all my (socalled) intelligence, that I have no earthly idea of what to expect in the next life. How can I or how dare I, as you say, second guess the one who created something as delicate yet amazingly complex as a "simple" feather. There is no measure for the love I have for God, yet in comparison with the Love God has for all his creation, then surely my love is less than a grain of sand. :)

But we are not without hope, but not in our time, but in the time of our God. We must remain patient.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

The time will come brother Joe, the time will come. :)

Love in Christ to you,

Your brother,
Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 05:48:50 PM »

Hello Darren, rj, Lisa, MG, Kat,

Thanks for all the interesting and thoughtful responses, we are each in a bit of a different place with unique vantage points and perspectives but the most important thing is that we are diligently seeking Him and searching His Word for the pearls of Wisdom that guide us in this walk. I thank the Lord for the fellowship of my Brethren here.

The upcoming Conference will be a spiritual boost that can only be experienced, not explained or described with much if any degree of accuracy, the power of His Spirit flowing through the participants is incredible. I got a small taste of it today when I met Gena and her husband for lunch in Tarpon Springs today, they are down from Michigan visiting family in New Port Richey. This is the first time we ever met but it felt like we had known each other for years we all were comfortable with each other immediately and that hour and a half flew by like just a few minutes, they are hoping to attend the Conference family obligations permitting.

Thank you all again for sharing here.

His Peace to you,

Joe

rj

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »

Thanks Joe

Sometimes i can't see the forest for the trees, instead of complaining about my rough road, i should be rejoicing with the brothers or sisters who no doubt have walked this same path and now just maybe there road has begin to smooth out somewhat, and for that i do apologize.

rj

hillsbororiver

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »

Hi rj,

No need to apologize Brother, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have some tremendously joyous days and then out of nowhere comes a trial or a misstep or a total failure, run over by the same freight train you spoke of.

I am always grateful for Him picking me back up and humbled by the weakness of my flesh and my total dependence on Him, this is where He wants us.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 03:40:08 AM »

Thank you Rj and Joe

That together makes a beautiful summation! Poetry of His Spirit...." That is where He wants us!"

I also enjoy what Paul wrote in Romans 8. Here are another two translations.

They kill us in cold blood because they hate you. We're sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one. None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing - NOTHING living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely NOTHING can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us! (The Message)

So how d'you respond to all this? If God's on our side, who cares who's on THEIR side! If God's planning to do us good, who's about to give his plans the red light? If he didn't hold back on having His only Son killed for us, if He stopped the angels from drawing their swords and stepping in all pumped up for revenge, for us, isn't He going to give us loads of other stuff - the whole package that goes with His Son? Isn't He? And who's about to accuse the ones God's picked out? It's God who set us straight, so who's about to claim we're crooked? Jesus who died, more, who was brought back from death, is at God's side speaking up for us. Who's going to cut us off from Jesus' love? Will hassle manage it? Or pressure? Will getting victimized  cut the tie? Or will starvation do it? Or hypothermia? Or cancer? or aggro? Or an Uzi 9mm? Like David's lyrics (track44), where it goes: "Cos of you, we're looking death in the face all day long we are. They gawk at us like we're sheep in an abattoir.
No, whichever way you look at it, we're winners all ways round, 'cos of our connection with The One Who loved us. I'm totally sold on the fact that, at the end of the day, there's nothing that can cut our ties with God's love that Jesus proved. NOTHING - not life, nor death; angels nor demons; the now nor the future; not any of the "powers that be"; not distance nor anything else in the  cosmos - z\zilch, a big fat O. NOTHING  can cut off God's love supply to us. Nothing. End of story.
(The Word on the Street)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.