bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evidence that God is really there when we need Him.  (Read 9556 times)

hebrewroots98

Re: Evidence that God is really there when we need Him.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 01:15:49 AM »

another little piece of God being there when I need HIM is ....

For the past 5 months I have been wanting to do a presentation (in our homeschool co-op) of the' HISTORY OF BOOK MAKING' and to be able to present this hands on class to the children in my sons' book club.  I wanted to show them of the ancient scrolls, papyras, cueniform tablets, hieroglyphics, rosetta stone, etc... as well as different types of writing utensils/pens and ancient inks and such.  (I wanted to incorporate GODs' WORD in this presentation as well as give the kids alot of hands on crafts and ones that they could take home with them.)   Well there would have been a very significant price involved for each child too; which cused me to have to reconsider the whole program.

Well, after calling around at the Texas Tech University Libraries to see if they had anything related to this program, well, I spoke with the SPECIAL COLLECTIONS director and he told me that they...

have a FREE CLASS TO OUR HOMESCHOOLERS,
on the topic named "THE WONDERFUL HISTORY OF BOOKS" ;D
WITH A TOUR OF THE LIBRARY,
WHERE THEY GET A PRESENTATION OF THE ANCIENT CUENFORM TABLETS, THE ROSETTA STONE, HIEROGLYPHICS, PAPYRUS, REED PENS, AND... 
WITH FREE HANDS ON CRAFTS THAT THE KIDDOS CAN TAKE HOME!!! :o ;D

God is good in the little things of our hearts as well! ;)     

INDIANA-P

Re: Evidence that God is really there when we need Him.
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 03:38:34 AM »

Hello, mrsnacks

God is always there. One day while I was home alone looking at TV God gave me a vision of a car, a ford stationwagon coming towards me at a very fast pace. The vision felt as if it took all day to the point that I shook my head from side to side very fast until the vision went away. Why did I do that you ask? because I was scared. Well not long after that my wife and I went to a crusade and salvation was extended to us from Heaven. You know, they go through the whole spiel about do you want to be saved and a young lady ask my wife but no one ask me, so I said to myself, where ever she goes I go. So we went to another room and was ministered to about salvation and being filled with the Holy spirit. After that we were on our way home on the southside of chicago, because of where we lived [southeast] our main street was lakeshore drive. It was raining that night and our vision was limited, as we were driving a full sized SUV stopped in front of us to make a illegal turn. My wife and I said, what the world is this person doing. so we slowed down and came to a complete stop, I look up in the rear view mirror and there was a car  racing up behind us the only thing that I was able to do was call on the name of the Lord, and guess what? He heard my cry. The car somehow made a very hard turn away from us but I know about car's and this car did not have none of the safety features that new cars have today [this happend in May of 95]. Now how do I know this because the car that was about to cream us was the same car in the vision An Old [possible in the 80's] ford stationwagon. God is always there.       
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.