bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The institutinalized church teaches that satan is omnipresent.  (Read 4351 times)

mrsnacks

The church does teach that satan can be everywhere at once yet they say he can't be. He is causing so and so to sin in a church in NY and at the same time causing trouble for those church members here and there and everywhere. He is all over the place but then they say he can not be everywhere at the same time. Another contradiction. Satan gets the blame for everything. It is like the old Flip Wilson show in the 70's where Flip said " the devil made me do it ."

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: The institutinalized church teaches that satan is omnipresent.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »

Mrsnacks,

I have been in the instutionalized church and am still involved with it seeing it is the my primary source of income, and I have never heard of that being taught.  If you would quote your sources, or get some papers that deal with this, I would be interested.  Until then, I must take this on face value and treat this as an assumption.

If Satan were omnipresent, then why would there be a need for all the demons?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

mrsnacks

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »

You misunderstand me.

I hear the preacher in the church I attend saying satan has been giving him a hard time this weekend. He has been battling satan and so on and so on. Then someone else will say that satan has been attacking him /her in this area during the weekend and on and on. This goes on in most every church in the country where satan is there doing something. This is impossible. Because satan can't be everywhere at once. My point is that it is a contradiction. We say one thing and believe the opposite. The pastor will say satan can't be everywhere at once yet according to him he was battling satan on saturday morning and satan was dealing with others as well in different places etc. So this is what is taught. A contradiction. If satan is fighting the pastor at 1:00pm on saturday in Los Angeles , he can't be dealing with Jane Doe at 1:00 pm on saturday in Ohio. Hope this helps.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »

I am not sure what I think about this, but I know where you are coming from mrsnacks. So many things are being attributed to Satan but could his subordinates also be doing his work as well?

If Xerox is repairing copiers in Tokyo, New York, London and Hong Kong at the same time are we to assume it is the same repairman? That he is omnipresent?

On the other hand what if I would have said 30 years ago that I could send a written message to people all over the world at the same time from my home without a type writer or even pen and paper and have that message received a split second after composing it would many people have believed me or understood the possibility?

I think we know even less about the spirit realm than we knew (or know) about future technology then or now. How many messengers does Satan have? What kind of powers do they have? What will God allow them to do? I see the churches more as unwitting accomplices (of Satan) rather than anything else, the things so many of them crave are carnal not spiritual so their perspective is totally skewed.

That is my take,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.