bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are the wicked blessed by God with prosperity?  (Read 10842 times)

Kat

Re: Are the wicked blessed by God with prosperity?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 12:35:02 AM »

Hi mrsnacks,

We are in the situation that God wants us to be in.  Some people are in a marriage that they are walking together in growing in the knowledge of the truth.  That must be a wondrful thing.  But marriage can also be a way for us to build character, when we perseverance through difficult situations.

Rom 5:3  And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
v. 4  and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

I believe that marriage can be a means that God uses to put us through trials and test.  We have a marriage relationship with someone we love, and we need to learn how to deal with our mate with compassion and wisdom.  We have Christ in us, so we need to be the best mate we can be, whatever the situation.

Eph 5:21  Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ.
v. 22  Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord.
v. 28  Even so husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
v. 29  For no man ever hates his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ does the church,
v. 30  because we are members of His body.

If we are being trained as God's elect, we are learning how to deal with all kinds of people and situations now, because the elect will judge the world with Christ.  If the elect is to judge the world shouldn't they be learning how to properly handle a relationship now.

1Co 6:2  Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?

I'm learning how to be a better wife myself, with Christ's guidance  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

mrsnacks

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 12:43:52 AM »

I know that we the saints will judge the world. In what way are we judging ? Is there some sort of panel of saints behind spiritual desks all looking down at each person coming in one at a time ? Even with what I know I still am not qualified.
Are we judging saints or the unbeliever ? When does take place ?

tthorn

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »

Hi,  I am new to the forum.  I was reading your posts on marriage.  I have a question.  Is submission attending a church of your husbands choice although the teaching is unscriptual?  It seems as if they know absolutely no scripture.  It is a prosperity church (?).  Should wives follow their husbands in error knowing that is is error?

Tee

Kat

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 01:21:38 PM »

Hi Tee,

I am glad you have joined in.
Your question is not clear cut.
As we are all in different situations and of different disposition as to what we can handle.
You say;

Is submission attending a church of your husbands choice although the teaching is unscriptual?

It is not wrong to attend church, as long as you feel it is not adversely affecting you.  But I do believe this will become more difficult over time if your eyes are being opened to the truth.
If your husband is insisting you attend with him, and you feel very uncomfortable in doing so, you need to have some serious conversations with him about this.  This would be difficult as to what to do, and a need for much pray.

Col 3:18  Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

Should wives follow their husbands in error knowing that is is error?

I would not follow my huband to church just because he does not see the error of the church.  You need to decide what Christ is leading you to do.  If your husband is totally blind to what you are seeing, maybe you will have to let him attend without you. 
But I would try to keep the peace in your marriage.  He may have his eyes opened in time. 

1Peter 3:1  Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives--
v. 2  when they see your respectful and pure conduct.

This is just my opinion and it is a touchy thing to try and tell somone else what they should do, as it may not be the same as what I would do.
But I hope it helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Falconn003

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »

simply put

THE FLESH PROFITS NOTHING !!...........

Rodger

tthorn

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 01:44:34 PM »

Thank you Kat,

My testimony is the same as most everyone.  I searched and searched and found this website and knew almost instantly that this was the truth.  However,  I continued to pray and read almost everything on the site.  I was so excited.  God opened my eyes and it frightened me (in a positive way).  I started telling others and my husband (who is a devout pentecostal) they said it was the devil.

I have spoken to my husband and told him that I must come out that
I can no longer be a partaker of her sins.  His eyes are not open and it is hard.  He is trying to indoctrinate me more in error.  However, God has given me amazing patience and calmness and Godly love for my husband.  He changed me instantly.  I do know that God is calling me out and he is equipping me for this. 

I do constantly hear obey your husband in all things and submit to him.  That is why I asked the question.

I ask for everyone's prayer.  Although,  God is with me, it is not easy. 

Tee

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »

sry kinda of slow with the reply.  I have had a busy weekend.

Pastor did not say anything, he knew he was in the wrong.  Usually when I need to confront people or to show them what they are doing wrong, I just let the actions speak louder than words.  Though words every now and then are helpful.

I ended up leaving the church relatively soon after this event.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

LittleBear

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »

Hi Tee,

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you here.

I don't think I could say much better than Kat did. Hopefully you can talk to your husband and at least he will know that you don't believe what is taught in church. I hope he will be understanding and and not try to guilt you into attending when your heart's not in it.

The whole topic of submission is pretty subjective and as Kat said you have to decide where Christ is leading you. For me, I wouldn't go. And if I did, I would be walking out in the middle of the service on a regular basis. My husband doesn't attend church, but he indicated a little while ago that it would be nice if we went. I told him to please go if he felt he should, but I would not be going. Not very submissive is it?
I don't know if this is right or not, but I feel a revulsion at the thought of attending church services. I want something real.

I'll pray for you that you will see a clear way in this situation.

Ursula

NickyM

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 04:33:50 AM »

I wrote an essay on that subject about a month ago, when I had (High School's) Religion graduation exam.

You probably know that marriage is a contract. Your husband has made a vow to love you,
and you know that he should love you and treat you with respect and respect your
ways. I think you are not doing wrong if you don't attend to the church which your
husband attends. But you should have a conversation with him and try to make an
understanding and a compromise.

I learned yesterday, that all conversations are not nice, but they must be done
for the sincerety of the relationship.

May God bless you and comfort you!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.