bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can the church replace Israel ?  (Read 4291 times)

Bobby Smith

How can the church replace Israel ?
« on: April 11, 2006, 03:29:35 PM »

I have read several articles on the internet saying that the Church replaced Israel. Yet reading Romans chapter 9-11, the root of the tree is Israel and the branches broken off were the Jews that did not accept Jesus as the Messiah.Gentiles that did except Jesus as the Messiah were graffed into the tree.The new covenant was given to the house of Israel and Judah.Thats why the Gentiles that were graffed into the tree can share the spiritual blessings of the covenant.Now, where did I go wrong.

rvhill

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:48:28 PM »

Romans 9:6 (Whole Chapter)
It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Romans 11:11 (Whole Chapter)
[ Ingrafted Branches ] Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

Romans 11:25 (Whole Chapter)
[ All Israel Will Be Saved ] I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

Romans 11:26 (Whole Chapter)
And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

Ephesians 2:12 (Whole Chapter)
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 3:6 (Whole Chapter)
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

the Church is Israel, and Israel is the Church

love_magnified

Re: How can the church replace Israel ?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 04:27:40 PM »

Quote from: Bobby Smith
Now, where did I go wrong.

Here is where I think you went wrong: "the root of the tree is Israel"

The root of the tree, as all trees, is God. Christ is the head.

Romans 11:18
But you must be careful not to brag about being grafted in to replace the branches that were broken off. Remember, you are just a branch, not the root

Physical Israel was always a branch and never the root.

Revelation 5:5
And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Now we have been grafted on to that root as a new Israel. There is an Israel after the flesh [1 Corinthians 10:18] and an Israel after the spirit (Galatians 6:16). Someday Israel after the flesh will be grafted back onto the root so that God may be all in all. The Church did not replace Israel. Rather the scriptures always testified to a spiritual kingdom. This is where the Pharisees (and all physical Jews) misunderstood the scripture expecting a physical kingdom:

Exodus 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 14:2
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Is it coincidence that Peter was almost directly quoting Jewish scripture in reference to the Kingdom that Christ did set up? It was the fact that Israel after the flesh was not given spiritual eyes to see that they misunderstood their scripture and why the people turned on Christ when they saw their king in shackles.

ertsky

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »

though i am australian/irish/british i am a jew ;)

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

So, the next time you visit an English pub, you can sing-along: "Havah nagilah, Havah, nagilah, Havah, nagilah venism'chah. Havah, naranana, Havah, naranana, Havah, naranana, venism'chah. Uru, uru achim, Uru na achim b'lev shameach, Uru na achim b'lev shameach, Uru na achim b'lev shameach!"

which translated, google informs me, apparently means

Transcription    Hebrew    Translation
Havah nagilah    הבה נגילה    Let's be happy
Havah nagilah    הבה נגילה    Let's be happy
Havah nagilah venismehah    הבה נגילה ונשמחה    Be happy and rejoice

(repeat stanza once)
Havah narananah    הבה נרננה    Let's sing
Havah narananah    הבה נרננה    Let's sing
Havah narananah venismehah    הבה נרננה ונשמחה    Sing and be happy

(repeat stanza once)
Uru, uru achim!    !עורו, עורו אחים    Awake, awake, brothers!
Uru achim b'lev sameah    עורו אחים בלב שמח    With a happy heart

(repeat verse four times)
Uru achim, uru achim!    !עורו אחים, עורו אחים    Awake, brothers, awake, brothers!
B'lev sameah    בלב שמח    With a happy heart

what a blessing

f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.