bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going to He!!  (Read 6567 times)

JDH

Going to He!!
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:41:50 PM »

I found out today that according to my parents I am going to Hell. Evidently, believing in Jesus as my savior is not enough.  Believing he is the son of God is not enough.  Trying to follow his example is not enough.  Actually, according to my parents and my dad who is a preacher you must believe in hell or you will definately go there. 
Of course I'm not too terribly concerned for my sake.  I don't believe hell exists so how can I go there.  I guess what really concerns me is that my parents haven't called me for about 2 months (I've called them the last 5 times we've talked).  They don't seem too concerned that I'm going to hell.  At least not enough to call me.
I was thinking though.  That since like me you are all going to hell, <<Sarcasm implied>> when we meet up there let's throw a party (I'll bring the chips).
Joel

YellowStone

Re: Going to He!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »

Hey Joel,

I from Texas, so I will bring the Salsa!!

How sad it is to be blinded by foolishness.

Darren

rick

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »

we now know the truth! i agree, but that does not mean we will not face judgement at some point. while i would that God would choose me to be raised first and rule and reign with His Son for the melennial, i have no way of knowing that and just knowing the truth doesnt qualify me. to say or tell someone God will eternally punish them is serious and blasphemy. just my thinking.............rick

Firefly

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 10:53:25 PM »

Hi Joel.

I have been rejected by some members of my family too (my mother and a sister). Not for Christ...just because we are dysfunctional! But it still hurts either way. In your case though with your family you are living what Jesus said would happen. If I am understanding these scriptures correctly. I feel as if God has wiped the slate clean and I am learning everything all over again. Praise God! It actually makes sense this time.  :)

Luke: 49-53
49I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

and...

John 15:11-27
11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

22If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

25But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Lori  :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:53:52 PM »

Joel,

I will bring the smore stuff, just save me a seat by the fire.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 03:49:10 PM »

Ha, I will bring the fire extinguisher  8)

andrevan

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:08:25 AM »

Hi Joel

What you said is so true, believe in hell or you're gonna end up there  ::). I'm saddened to read how your parents are responding, but persecution will come, often from those closest to you. It could be that they haven't really contemplated the concept of hell fully, to the point of being repulsed?

(I'll bring the drinks  ;))

Peace to you.
Andrevan

Redbird

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:44:59 AM »

Psalm 27 10-14

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Love In Christ,
Lisa

gmik

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 05:21:19 PM »

That was a beautiful psalm Lisa.  Thanks for printing it.

Redbird

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 05:51:39 PM »

Welcome Back Gena,

You were missed, I hope you had fun in Florida!

Lisa

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 06:14:46 PM »

Lisa,
that WAS the perfect scripture...

Joel,
I know that had it not been for the Lord...it is a fact that I would have fainted and gotten weary from having a broken heart from my family having nothing to do with me for the past 27 yrs...only to respond to me....  I come from a very large family and it's tough when your mom calls and braggs about how wonderful it was that all of the brothers and sisters, nieces, children, etc..went to church together for Ishtar (easter).  It is ironic that I tried like crazy to get each and everyone of them to go to church with ME, but they never would...NOT EVEN ONCE... for the past 27 years with me; now that I am OUT of the church they don't hesitate to go with one another!  ???

(I can't even bring myself to tell them ANYMORE about the truth of the christian churches; although I started to explain to tell my mother about the origins of easter...and she said that she didn't care about that.  I told her that I will not talk to her anymore about it coming from  pagan idol worship from 4,000+ yrs ago. :-X :-X :-X God has given me peace though; in knowing that at least they will be SAVED FROM HELL ;) and that they will know the truth one day. :D 

hang in there dear brohter!!!   

JDH

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »

Thanks for all your words of kindness.  I hope my parents see the light sometime. Its good to know you're not  alone in your struggle.

gmik

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 11:07:03 PM »

Thanks Lisa.  Loved Florida, but it is always good to be back home.

Redbird

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 01:08:20 AM »

Thank you Susan,

I am sorry to hear about our family struggles.  We surely are not alone though.  Sometimes, I think God causes these divisions so we learn to lean on him, as he is truely Our Father. :)

Love in Christ,
Lisa

psalmsinger

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »

I have been a member of the "You're going to hell because you don't believe in Hell club" for several years:)  It is a place of honor even though they don't think so.  Thanks also for psalm 51.
I have this to look forward to.  There will be a time when family members and even sworn enemies will sit at the table of the Lord together.  No wonder David's "cup runneth over" with this revelation. One of his enemies was his favorite son, Absalom. I try to think on these positive hopes often when burdened.
Ps 23:5
5   Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
(KJV)

Barbara

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »

Barbara,
that is a great and optomistic way of thinking about our struggles with our enemies....yes, we shall be with them when all is said and done.

I will show my Dh this post about David having a favorite child whom became his enemy (b/c he is currently struggling with one of his daughters whom will not speak to him and she has never even seen her little brother...which bothers DH alot!)  To know that HE will bless us infront of our enemies is very enlightening.  Thanks for sharing that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.