bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is my brother? NO REALLY  (Read 16862 times)

rk12201960

Who is my brother? NO REALLY
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:27:59 AM »

Here is a twist for us to consider.

Was not satan made to the pleasure of God?
Was he not a liar from the beginning?
Is he not a creation of God?

So in a reason is he not our brother?
Do we curse our brother thus insulting the creator?

He was created for Gods purpose, can we fault him for who he is?
We'll God destroy him for carring out his purpose?
 Understand I don't like evil and I feel your pain in here but I think if we look
at this in Gods eyes we can come to a reason to that if I'm correct and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong he will be set free also from sin and evil.
 I guess I'm just thinking when evil will be no more needed.

Your thoughts?
In Christ.
Randy

josh

Re: Who is my brother? NO REALLY
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 02:00:05 AM »

Randy,

Great question… Let’s see what the scriptures say:

1Jo 2:15 
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

2Co 4:4
In whom the god of this world [Satan]hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

While Satan is God’s creation and is working out His divine purpose, He has not yet come to the saving knowledge of Christ, so He is not yet our brother.

Ecc 3:1 & 8
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: …

…A time to love, and a time to hate;…”

Eph 4:27
Neither give place to the devil.

Hope this helps.
Josh

Ps. If you haven’t listened to it yet… Ray has a great audio teaching on “LOVE” in the audio section.

Brett

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 02:56:04 AM »

Here is a twist for us to consider.

Was not satan made to the pleasure of God?
Was he not a liar from the beginning?
Is he not a creation of God?

So in a reason is he not our brother?
Do we curse our brother thus insulting the creator?

He was created for Gods purpose, can we fault him for who he is?
We'll God destroy him for carring out his purpose?
 Understand I don't like evil and I feel your pain in here but I think if we look
at this in Gods eyes we can come to a reason to that if I'm correct and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong he will be set free also from sin and evil.
 I guess I'm just thinking when evil will be no more needed.

Your thoughts?
In Christ.
Randy

Very good point! You know what I think of Satan, he did not made choice to be liar, deciever, murderer, etc. It was God's choice Satan to be for His own purpose from the begin to end. There is no 'good' in Satan because God did not created him 'good' the first time.

Not much say, but someone will added better than mine. :)

Brett

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 03:01:52 AM »

Hello Randy

This question you raise also came to my mind some time ago as I grappled to understand that one does not treat a like minded person the same as one would treat a Pharisee or a hypocrite snake or fool! :D The dividing line I think brings with it discernment and we all have to get there in our path to experience and see the difference between what is evil and what is good!

Great question! Thank you for presenting it!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 03:02:33 AM by Arcturus »

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 09:28:21 AM »

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.[Gen 1:31]

Yes even Satan was created "very Good" for the purpose in which he was created.  It is sometimes hard for us to comprehend the meaning, it is necessary for us to experience evil for a season, We all eat of the tree of good and evil, and we all experience this tree of life, And we will all understand His purpose, each in his own order.

Hope this is of some help

Chris R

Kat

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »

Hi Randy,

I believe only a few are considered our brother (or sister) at this time.  Those who have Christ in them, we are His brothers/sisters and one anothers brothers/sisters.
Here is what Christ said to His disciples.

John 14:15  "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
v. 19  "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.
v. 20  At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
v. 21  He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

To have Christ 'in you,' you will keep the spirit of the commandments that He gave.  There is only a few who keep Christ's commands now, and Satan certainly is not one of them.
Actually Satan the devil is our advasary, just like he is the Father's.

1Peter 5:8  Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
v. 9  Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

Our brothers are those of like-mind.  Satan will first have to go through judgment and then be purged of his sins. 
One day we will be all in all, then Satan can be considered our brother.

1Cor 15:28  When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rk12201960

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »

Thanks to all for your answers.

Yes it is not satans time yet.
We must know right from wrong in order to judge the world.
There is no good in satan other than the reason he was made, until he is purged and cleaned.

If we can even consider that satan will be our brother after all the hurt and evil he has caused (because he was allowed by God) how much more can we not only forgive but have no anger to our brothers now.

It seems somewhat easier to understand why we are to not be angry at one another and even love our enemy who are in the mind of satan (the world) at this. time.

God is teaching us a deep leason in forgiveness and love. I can't wait to what God will teach us in Rays next letter

A cut from Rays last letter....

And furthermore, being angry (wroth, enraged, hate) with a brother is worse than accidentally killing a brother. In an accidental killing under Moses, God did not hold the offender guilty if he never hated the victim, (Deut. 19:5).

These sins are all virtually the same: "Angry with a brother, calling a brother Raca, calling a brother fool, or not being rectified with a brother" are for all practicality all the same. They are all sins against our brothers and they must ALL be repented of or they will all be brought into appropriate judgments. They assuredly do not represent higher degrees of seriousness' as stated in the American Bible footnotes, which would warrant insane differences in judgment. This is one of the great lessons we are going to learn when we understand the meaning of Christ's Gehenne of fire.' Gehenna fire is a vital ingredient in the process of: "sanctifying us WHOLLY" (I Thes. 5:23), so that "our WHOLE body should be CAST into Gehenna" (Matt. 5:30).

Coming:

THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR CHRIST'S DISCIPLES
THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR YOU, NOW

We are about to really learn the mind of God in the deep end of the pool and if we look beyond that we see the sea of humanity and the beast in us.

It is a good thing to learn the deep things of God and his reason for all things It is not a punishment from God for us to learn but an understanding that has to brought about in his wisdom, not ours.
Trust in the LORD GOD with all of your heart soul and MIND. He can not lie.

Peace and love to all.
your brother
Randy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:17:47 PM by Randy »

Nelson

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 08:52:19 AM »

Hi folks,

Interesting points. Here's some scriptural thoughts to add,

• "And he answering said to him who spake to him, `Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?' And having stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, he said, `Lo, my mother and my brethren! for whoever may do the will of my Father who is in the heavens, he is my brother, and sister, and mother" (Matt 12:48-50)

"and he answering said unto them, `My mother and my brethren! they are those who the word of God are hearing, and doing" (Lu 8:21)

"because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren" (Ro 8:29)

"or it was becoming to Him, because of whom are the all things, and through whom are the all things, many sons to glory bringing, the author of their salvation through sufferings to make perfect, for both he who is sanctifying and those sanctified are all of one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, `I will declare Thy name to my brethren, in the midst of an assembly I will sing praise to Thee;' and again, `I will be trusting on Him;' and again, `Behold I and the children that God did give to me.'" (Heb 2:10-13)

Ultimately, ALL shall be our brothers, but not all are right now. While we should love our enemies this does not make them our brothers,

• "therefore, then, as we have opportunity, may we work the good to all, and especially unto those of the household of the faith" (Gal 6:10)

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again, and your reward will be great, and ye shall be sons of the Highest, because He is kind unto the ungracious and evil" (Lu 6:35)

"Beloved, be not thou following that which is evil, but that which is good; he who is doing good, of God he is, and he who is doing evil hath not seen God" (3Jo 1:11)

"we--we have known that we have passed out of the death to the life, because we love the brethren; he who is not loving the brother doth remain in the death. Every one who is hating his brother--a man-killer [Gk:anthropoktonos] he is ['Ye are of a father--the devil, and the desires of your father ye will to do; he was a man-slayer [Gk:anthropoktonos] from the beginning' (Jo 8:44)], and ye have known that no man-killer hath life age-during in him remaining, in this we have known the love, because he for us his life did lay down, and we ought for the brethren the lives to lay down; and whoever may have the goods of the world, and may view his brother having need, and may shut up his bowels from him--how doth the love of God remain in him? My little children, may we not love in word nor in tongue, but in word and in truth!" (1Jo 3:14-18)

While the devil is a creation of God for a purpose, the scriptures do tell us that God has made vessels of honour and dishonour, and that light has no fellowship with darkness,

• "Become not yoked with others--unbelievers, for what partaking is there to righteousness and lawlessness? and what fellowship to light with darkness? and what concord to Christ with Belial? or what part to a believer with an unbeliever? and what agreement to the sanctuary of God with idols? for ye are a sanctuary of the living God, according as God said--`I will dwell in them, and will walk among them , and I will be their God, and they shall be My people, wherefore, come ye forth out of the midst of them, and be separated, saith the Lord, and an unclean thing do not touch, and I--I will receive you" (2 Cor 6:14-17)

"or ye were once darkness, and now light in the Lord; as children of light walk ye, for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, and righteousness, and truth, proving what is well-pleasing to the Lord, and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of the darkness and rather even convict" (Eph 5:8-11)

Satan is our adversary. While we are to love our enemies we do not have any sharing in their wicked works. Those IN Christ and who have Christ IN them are our brothers at this time. Eventually God will be All in all and we shall have a multitude of brothers then who now are not. Many called but few chosen, chosen to be in Christ before the foundation of the world.

I find it totally awesome that God knew me, and you, before the universe was created. We were in His heart as His beloved and we have been placed in Christ at this point in time according to His good pleasure and counsel of His will so that the Son of His love is the Firstborn among 'many brothers'.

Working what is good towards all is the work of God who is kind to the evil and unthankful, but those ones are not our brothers, they are the children of the devil as was Cain, by virtue of their wicked works.

Light and darkness, good and evil, Christ and Belial. We KNOW where we belong, and how richly blessed are we in this age, despite the suffering we endure. When the great harvest comes then we shall see the number of brothers increased to include the whole creation that groans at present. What can I say?

• "O depth of riches, and wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable His judgments, and untraceable His ways! for who did know the mind of the Lord? or who did become His counsellor? or who did first give to Him, and it shall be given back to him again? because of Him, and through Him, and to Him are the all things; to Him is the glory--to the ages. Amen" (Ro 11:33-36)

Love, grace and peace to you all

Nelson

YellowStone

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »

Hey Nelson,

I liked your post a lot!  :)   But something hit me rather odd from a Scripture you quoted.

nteresting points. Here's some scriptural thoughts to add,

Jesus spoke:

"And he answering said to him who spake to him, `Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?' And having stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, he said, `Lo, my mother and my brethren! for whoever may do the will of my Father who is in the heavens, he is my brother, and sister, and mother" (Matt 12:48-50)

Here's one for you :)   Who IS NOT doing the will of the Father, and who IS NOT our brother, sister and mother.

I am thinking that there is something very deep here. I have always believed all mankind to be sons and daughters of God; Christ seems to support this.

Comments very welcome..... :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 01:42:12 PM »

We know that God will be All in all eventually and that all will one day be saved but right now, today, and not until Jesus Christ returns, all mankind is not as sons or daughters of God.

Luke 18 : 8... when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?

Isaiah 60 : 2 For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and dense darkness all peoples, but the Lord shall arise upon you O Jerusalem, and His glory shall be seen on you.

One can speak from the vantage point of All in all after Christ submits all to God.

1 Cor 15 : 28 However, when EVERYTHING is subjected to Him, THEN  the Son Himself will also subject Himself to the Father Who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life.

Our points of view are perhaps relative to where we are standing. I am standing in the present. To look from the future point of view, then yes, all are sons and daughters of God but not today. Gods work in us conforming us into the image of His Son is not yet accomplished.

Peace to you

ciy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 01:42:47 PM »

I believe that this is a big struggle for all of us (especially me) to stay the course of Christ and let go of all of our idols of the heart and do what he commands.  When we are focused on "Who is my brother?' We are yet carnal and our focus is in an old idol.

3Jo 1:5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

Mt 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Stay focused on filling up with the Word so that you will be attaining the mind of Jesus.  These words are spiritual.  We must stop trying to make them physical and make the physical spiritual.

Stop thinking like a man thinks.  It will only make you return to the law and you will become more of a pharisee.  When we say, "Oh I see now.  I need to be as good a husband to my wife as I can and then I will become like Christ."  NO.  You will go back to Egypt and puff up like a pharisee. 

Focus on these verses.  Ponder them for a long time.  Think of what it means.  It does not have any carnal meaning you can come up with.

Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
 Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Ps 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

We cannot reason out evil with a manufactured evil mind.  You have to believe God.  We say be balanced.  You cannot, will not, ever be balanced and be able to attain that mark which is set before all of us in Christ.

Impossible.

If I do not realize it is God's plan and above my own prideful reasoning then I will always be taking side roads that look good to my carnal mind.  A carnal mind that has moved to a new spiritual level, but that ain't the last level and I must continue to wipe it clean or seven demons that I never knew before will come in and make home and I will think "Well I am a lot better than I use to be so this must be the place.  Now I can spread out in my new abode and furnish it with my new understanding and make my place here for the rest of my carnal life". 

Do not stop fighting the good fight for that next precept or line.  Do whatever is on your heart to do.  If you physically restrain a deep, ugly desire and are abel to keep it down even though it is still there then you are deceived and will die in your sins.  You must not resist evil but let evil do its job.  God made it all good for his good will and his plan.  Until you stop trying outwardly to love a mate that you do not like but you carnally disguise it the rest of your life, you build yourself up and take your eyes off of the only true way to love her.  Christ in you.  The only way for evil to kill off the flesh is for you to delight yourself in the Lord and then always act out the desire of your heart until it is purged out and no longer a desire.

Hope this comes into to your ears and heart.

CIY

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »

Well said CIY. :)

We must never loose site of the calling, the past is history and should be used as such. God was with us then, and he is with us now.

Great post! :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »

Hi ciy,

I would like to comment on a few things in your post.

When we are focused on "Who is my brother?' We are yet carnal and our focus is in an old idol.

When you state "we are yet carnal," in the scripture this is referring to those who are remaining as infants in Christ on milk only, not moving on to spiritual maturity.  

1Co 3:1  But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ.
v. 2  I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready,
v. 3  for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way?

We are to be striving towards maturity in Christ, which is necessary to move on from being infants.  WE are becoming mature by putting aside these old carnal things of the flesh.

Heb 6:1  Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
v. 2  and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
v. 3  And this we will do if God permits.

Col 1:27  To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
v. 28  Him we proclaim, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man mature in Christ.

I need to be as good a husband to my wife as I can and then I will become like Christ."  NO.  You will go back to Egypt and puff up like a pharisee.  

We are still physical and in so being we do need to be striving "to be as good a husband to my wife as I can," or wife to a husband.  And I do not consider that in doing so that I am getting puffed up, but rather it is helping me become more like Christ, in putting somebody else's needs before myself.

1Peter 3:1  Likewise you wives, be submissive to your husbands, so that some, though they do not obey the word, may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,

We cannot reason out evil with a manufactured evil mind.  You have to believe God.  We say be balanced.  You cannot, will not, ever be balanced and be able to attain that mark which is set before all of us in Christ.

Impossible.

Of course we can not attain the mark without Christ, but for those with Christ in them, well here are a few of the scripture on this.

Mat 19:26  But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Mar 9:23  And Jesus said to him, "If you can! All things are possible for one who believes."

Mar 10:27  Jesus looked at them and said, "With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God."

We are not still carnal minded, those with Christ in them have been buried with Christ and have a"newness of life," not the old carnal self.

Rom 6:4  We were buried therefore with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
v. 5  For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
v. 6  We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.

2Co 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

I am not trying to sound harsh, I'm just seeing these things differently  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Nelson

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 03:10:38 PM »

Hi folks,

Well put CIY,

• "Him it behoveth to increase, and me to become less" (Jo 3:30)

Love, grace and peace to you all

Nelson

YellowStone

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »

Kat, please forgive me if I am wrong here, but I think you might have missed  CIY's point.  :(

You wrote: "We are to be striving towards maturity in Christ, which is necessary to move on from being infants.  WE are becoming mature by putting aside these old carnal things of the flesh."

While I certainly agree with you that we should be striving towards maturity, by whoses eyes are we "becoming more mature?"

Paul clearly recognized his problems with the sin in his yet carnal body.

Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I tend to think that Paul was one of the most enlightened and mature person in the Christ / post Christ era, yet he still fell victim to the the evil within him, the same evil that is in each of us. Paul had long since left the elementary doctrine, yet had not left sin. Will any man, woman or child ever be found spiritually mature enough to be found sin free?

Luke 18:8 ... when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?

This is a very good question. By whose measure are we to guage faith? By our own, or by the one who gives it.

Luk 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

By all accounts our faith is as nothing, when compared to that of our spiritual brother, Christ. Yet we are not without hope.

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

We are not still carnal minded, those with Christ in them have been buried with Christ and have a"newness of life," not the old carnal self.

Rom 6:4  We were buried therefore with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
v. 5  For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
v. 6  We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.

Kat, Paul say's it say's it all in vs' 6. "We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin."

Christ died on the cross and was rectified in order to pay the ransom for our sins. It is foolish to think that we are no longer subject to the influence of Satan. However, we can rest assured that: "Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me" (Rom 7:20) will not be held against us.

We should take comfort in our Faith and the promise given us, yet we should never become prideful over the "spiritual" knowledge one has.

For all spiritual knowledge, good or evil is of God.

Jhn 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure [unto him].

Man cannot think without cause, and nor can man act. All is of God, and I agree with CIY, there are lessons in everything, in the good and the bad.

Kat, I can truly see where you are coming from, but please never forget Satan and his hold on us still, just as Paul clearly did not. We are still of this world.

Jhn 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Please do not take this response as being harsh, for I am able to see the point that CIY was making and your own.

Love to you in Christ,
Your brother,
Darren
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:04:36 PM by YellowStone »

ciy

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 04:42:51 PM »

Kat,

I do not think it is harsh.  I realize we are all on the journey out of Egypt, but we must continue on to the spiritual and leave the carnal ways behind.  As long as we cling to the law and try to do it in our flesh, we will build up our flesh no matter what we think.  That is what happened to the pharisees.  They were excellent in the physical.  They were great husbands, great citizens, great givers, etc all in the flesh.  Spiritually they were dead because there was no need for the spiritual side they were handling it just fine on their own. 

Ro 9:30 ¶ What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness (from the inside), have attained to righteousness (on the inside), even the righteousness which is of faith.
 31 But Israel, which followed (on the outside) after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness (on the inside).
 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law (flesh). For they stumbled at that stumblingstone (the anointing of Christ in you making you just like Christ in the end)

This was a carnal law that built up our flesh just as our righteous acts are as filthy rags to God.  If I do not commit adultery with a particular woman because I have just found a way to block it out of my mind, but whenever that thought comes to mind my desire to commit adultery comes back then I am still carnal.  As with the pharisees, I will be pleased in the fact that I am a good man because I did not commit (physical) adultery and someone else did.  I am a good husband (physically) to my wife and some one else is not.  Puffs up.  Peter's words as all words in the bible are spiritual.  You are to love your husband and wife through the anointing of Christ.  Not through your own understanding.  I know many men who are as good a husband to their wives as is possible to be.  Other wives are jealous of those men's  wives they are so good, yet the husband does not have a clue about God and His ways.  There are many books explaining exactly how to be a good mate, and if you follow it will make you a good mate.  The comfort that comes with it will make you forget God because you did it without God.

We cannot attain that mark set before us until the end.  If we think we have attained then be careful because you can be broken off and fall back into the law (Egypt, Bablylon, etc)  I am only being an encourager to stay focused on the illogical ways of God.  We must see that "His ways are not our ways."  So anytime we are doing it our way we must immediately know that this is the wrong way. 

Joh 6:60 ¶ Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
 61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I say this out of love and probably because I am so quick to look back into Egypt myself.  That is why we are to fellowship with fellow believers like all of you so that together we can encourage each other to stand strong against the ways of the world, the ways of man.  It is a narrow path and we must die daily and realize daily that it is from the inside out and not the outside in. 

Love
CIY

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »

Hello CIY

You say : You must not resist evil but let evil do its job.

That is pure heresy of the highest order and there is no scripture to support defend or back up that statement necessary to the conclusions you draw in your post.

You say : Stop thinking like a man thinks.  It will only make you return to the law and you will become more of a pharisee.  When we say, "Oh I see now.  I need to be as good a husband to my wife as I can and then I will become like Christ."  NO.  You will go back to Egypt and puff up like a pharisee.

Many strive to give up smoking, drugs, pornography, violence, deception etc and they become more and more sickened by the condition of addictions that they suffer. God can give you anything to overcome. God can release you from anything...."Deliver us from evil"...The evils we suffer have to become repugnant to us not acceptable and endured before God will release us. It is the contrite and broken spirit that God hears and heals not the spirit that is tolerant or indifferent to evil.

We have to become like God who arbors evil and considers evil an abomination! Abomination is something that is considered as loathsome, offensive, detestable and to dislike INTENSLY.

You say : The only way for evil to kill off the flesh is for you to delight yourself in the Lord and then always act out the desire of your heart until it is purged out and no longer a desire.

Yea RIGHT! Act out the lust of your heart till it is purged out! Keep sinning all you like until God gets tired and delivers you right? Don't try to be holy right? Get so sick in your sins till you die in them just like Judas Iscariot a vessel made for dishonour. NO THANK YOU! Lord have mercy on me and on those who also pray not to be in the second death!

Kat, you made some very scriptural valid points.

Peace to you

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:10 PM »

Ciy

my post is right behind your post explaining to Kat in greater length what you mean.

I have posted in response to what you wrote.

I see now that what you wrote is not what you mean. Of course non can do anything without Christ and only Christ is good who is in us. For me this does not mean that we should not run our race or work out our salvation in awe of God's Sovereignty but on the contrary, in astute awareness of it.

Peace to you

ciy

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 05:00:42 PM »

Arcturus, I am glad I am able to be somewhat understood.  I really do not believe that anything I said is not backed by scripture.  God does use evil to bring about good.  I hope I do not offend.
I believe if we will really meditate, ponder those verses I selected in my first post we
continue in a better understanding.
CIY
PS -Darren I agree with you.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 05:11:55 PM »

Ciy

Turning the other cheek is when evil is done to you not when you are DOING THE EVIL! There is a huge difference as far as East is to the West!

God will not turn the evil you or I do to good. He will correct, discipline and punnish, straighten out and put right what is evil and His Consuming fire will do this on all those who believe that God uses evil! God does not USE evil. Man uses evil. God is all good all pure and there is no evil in Him. He created evil so that we can grow up through much pain and suffering that evil produces in our lives. God produces all that is good and wholesome in our lives.

This is what I see and I do understand that there are others who will disagree, dispute and try to convince me of otherwise. I will not be swayed and I believe neither will you. So be it!

Peace to you
Arcturus  :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 05:13:03 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.