bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is my brother? NO REALLY  (Read 17182 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Who is my brother? NO REALLY
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 03:11:41 AM »

Hello CIY

As I said, the only reference I could find was the serpent on the pole. I suspected that is what you were alluding to.

The Forum is a learning curve for all of us. Some are able to handle the truth without becoming insulting and others are being trained in the way of righteousness and in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose and action.

No one should take offence by anyones particular place in understanding and neither should anyone be offended by persecution that arrises through the lackthereof.

I am not offended by you CIY and take it then that I am blessed and so be you too! 

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2007, 09:07:42 AM »

My Mistake Arcturus. ::)

When I mentioned that This must be the pettiest response I have ever seen

I WAS TALKING OF MY RESPONSE
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am so sorry that my poor choice of words led you to think that I was insulting you :(

I will correct my misplaced word so my intent can be seen for what it was, a comment on my pettiness. NOT YOURS!! :):):)

I am a fool..... Remember, .....foot out of mouth.......duh ;D

Darren
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:12:26 AM by YellowStone »

Redbird

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 09:35:28 AM »

Dear Arcturus,

Your kind words bless me, I am unworthy...and God saw fit to heal even me!

Luke 7: 41-43 Then Jesus told him this story: "A man loaned money to two people - five hundred pieces of silver to one and fifty pieces to the other.  But neither of them could repay him, so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts.  Who do you suppose loved him more after that:"  Simon answered, "I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt."  "That's right," Jesus said.

Luke 13 10-13 One Sabbath day as Jesus was teaching in the synagogue, he saw a woman who had been crippled by an evil spirit.  She had been bent double for eighteen years and was unable to stand up straight.  When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, "Woman, you are healed of your sickness!"  Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight.  How she praised and thanked God!

New Living Translation

Peace to you, Lisa
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:36:31 AM by Redbird »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 04:10:30 PM »

Hello Darren

Lisa's post and reference to Luke 7: 41-43 Then Jesus told him this story: "A man loaned money to two people - five hundred pieces of silver to one and fifty pieces to the other.  But neither of them could repay him, so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts.  Who do you suppose loved him more after that:"  Simon answered, "I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt."  "That's right," Jesus said.

This Scripture that is kindly offered via Lisa...inspires my response to you...

Your debt is cancelled!

Peace to you.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:43:21 PM by Arcturus »

YellowStone

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »

Arcturus,

Your forgiveness is not taken lightly and I am very grateful. :)

Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Love to you in Christ,  :)

Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »

Hello Darren

Thank you for the sincere apology!

I forgive you.

Peace to you

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:44:52 PM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2007, 06:28:52 PM »

at this time of writing there have been 1296 views of this thread and only 45 active contributors.

To those who have watched the unfolding of this thread, you have seen and witnessed to the Mysterious ways of our Lord.

I got pinched, Lisa got blessed and healed and Darren and I were given a bridge of blessing and forgiveness and our other precious brothers and sisters who also put in their share of edification and encouragement should not be overlooked.

This is who our brothers and sisters really are.

Randy...you opened this thread. Like many of us I believe we have all shared in the experience of who our brothers and sisters really are. This thread demonstrates it! To the praise of HIS our Lord Jesus Christs Holy Name!

I believe no one can deny the authenticity and sincerity of those who have been called to not only contribute to the thread in writing but to you silent observers who have not written into this thread, to you our observing brothers and sisters who have been watching praying and witnessing this genuine fellowship in Christ I pray that you too may also feel the embrace of Christs fellowship Hug to you, that is powerful and Sovereign.

Peace and love to you

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:35:50 PM by Arcturus »

Nelson

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »

Hi folks,

• "So, then, the things of peace may we pursue, and the things of building up one another" (Ro 14:19)

"wherefore, comfort ye one another, and build ye up, one the one, as also ye do" (1 Thess 5:11)

"and He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as proclaimers of good news, and some as shepherds and teachers, unto the perfecting of the saints, for a work of ministration, for a building up of the body of the Christ, till we may all come to the unity of the faith and of the recognition of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to a measure of stature of the fulness of the Christ, that we may no more be babes, tossed and borne about by every wind of the teaching, in the sleight of men, in craftiness, unto the artifice of leading astray" (Eph 4:11-14)

Those in Christ will recognise His voice as He speaks. There is more value to these posts than we can realise, as the Lord speaks His sheep hear His voice. There are many 'Mary's' who enter here to sit at the Lords feet and listen to Him.

It can be likened to Bethany, a place where even our Lord finds peace and feels at home,

• "And having left them, he went forth out of the city to Bethany, and did lodge there" (Matt 21:17)

"and she had also a sister, called Mary, who also, having seated herself beside the feet of Jesus, was hearing the word...but of one thing there is need, and Mary the good part did choose, that shall not be taken away from her" (Lu 10:39,42)

"And he led them forth without--unto Bethany, and having lifted up his hands he did bless them" (Lu 24:50)

We are all blessed in many ways through our spiritual fellowship in Christ. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is with your spirit, brethren! Amen!

Love, grace and peace to you all

Nelson

hebrewroots98

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »

AMEN AND AMEN!!!  CHRIST IN ACTION IN ALL OF US....THANKS FOR THE WISDOM HERE :D

rk12201960

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2007, 08:57:28 PM »

To all who posted and read.

Our Father is a God of love and everything he does is for our GOOD.

BLESSINGS PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Randy
 ;D 8) ;D
 ;D 8) ;D WHO LOVES US REALLY!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:01:50 PM by Randy »

Bill

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 10:25:23 AM »

Nelson - First you have no idea how much I miss seeing your posts.  It is a great joy to be reading them again.

This thread kind of went off on a small tangent (or least strayed from who is our brother) one which was actually very interesting.  CIY and Darren the topic of God and evil is a difficult one to grasp but even harder to put into words but I think I see what you are saying and I very much enjoyed reading through this thread with everyones input - thank you.

The Origional post was asking who is our brother?   and I would like to bring it back to that a little.

It seem conclusive everyone posting does not think Satan is our Brother atleast yet.
So we have stricken one from who our brother is, So we know who are brother is not but then who is our Brother?

"And he answering said to him who spake to him, `Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?' And having stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, he said, `Lo, my mother and my brethren! for whoever may do the will of my Father who is in the heavens, he is my brother, and sister, and mother" (Matt 12:48-50)

"and he answering said unto them, `My mother and my brethren! they are those who the word of God are hearing, and doing" (Lu 8:21)

Nelson points that those that are doing the will of the Father are our brethern?  So who is doing the will of the Father and how do we know?  Isn't his will for us to be perfect like him?  So who is doing this?  Is just trying to strive for perfection good enough?  Is not all of the many called trying to do this? Are So would that make all of Christiandom our brethern?

"because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren" (Ro 8:29)

Another intersting verse. it says he might be first-born  Sounds future tense to me.  Ray points out that we will be born again so does that mean we are not yet brethern of Christ?

"or it was becoming to Him, because of whom are the all things, and through whom are the all things, many sons to glory bringing, the author of their salvation through sufferings to make perfect, for both he who is sanctifying and those sanctified are all of one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, `I will declare Thy name to my brethren, in the midst of an assembly I will sing praise to Thee;' and again, `I will be trusting on Him;' and again, `Behold I and the children that God did give to me.'" (Heb 2:10-13)

This to me appears to say those striving (sufering) for perfection can be call brethern.

So then once we figure out who our brothers (Family) are or are not, what does that all mean? How do we treat our brothers any different than anyone else?

God Bless

Bill

rk12201960

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »

I thought I'd bring this tread up for
Arcturus
For those who hasn't had the chance to read her posts........ she made some great points here along with some brothers and sisters still here with us today.

Hope to hear from you soon Deb,

Be safe in God

Randy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:25:15 PM by Randy »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.