bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.  (Read 4228 times)

mrsnacks

There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »

What  does this verse really mean ? Is it for the believer only ? Or is this for all.
Judgment is for a specific purpose. For correction unto righteousness. That is ture for all right ?

I have heard it said on this site that the believers judgment is happening on this earth. Does that mean it doesn't continue afterwards ? Are we being judged now ? Thanks

Kat

Re: There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »

Hi mrsnacks,

What  does this verse really mean ? Is it for the believer only ?

Yes, those in Christ Jesus, are the few, they are given God's spirit so they can obey Him.

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
v. 2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death.
v. 3  For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
v. 4  in order that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

When we are in Christ, He works in us, it is no longer us trying to do the impossible, to obey Him.  We walk in a newness of life.

Rom 6:4  We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

One judgment is now for the few, that are in Christ, being conformed into His image now.  The other is the Great White Throne judgment when all the rest will be judged in the Lake of Fire.

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it; from his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
v. 12  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done.
v. 13  And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.
v. 14  Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire;
v. 15  and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Here is an email of Ray's that He explains about the 2 judgments. 

Joh 3:36  He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2576.0.html -------
> Hi Ray
>
> Can you help me with John 3:36
>
> Thanks

Dear Timothy:
It is the same lesson as all of Jesus' teaching and all of His parables.
There are two judgments in the New Testament:  One is on the House
of God NOW, and the other will be in the second resurrection to Judgment
later.

Either we gather with Jesus or we scatter abroad.  Either we are with Him
or we are aginst Him.  Either we are the Prodigal or we are the older brother.
Either we are the wheat or we are the tares. We are not BOTH, AT THE SAME
TIME. We cannot be both the wheat which is saved AND the tares which are
burned up at the "end of the age."  This is the message of verse 36. You will
be one or the other. The second category will be saved, but "yet as by FIRE"
(I Cor. 3:15 & Rev. 20:15).  It took fifty years before God showed me this truth.

God be with you,
Ray
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hopes this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.