bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are we practicing Legalism  (Read 4793 times)

INDIANA-P

Are we practicing Legalism
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:38:18 AM »

Hello, everyone

I heard TD Jakes say on national TV That the bible has no direct teaching on the subject of AIDS therefore he did not teach or even talk about to his members.

Could this be a prime example of legalism?

Legalism: is the observing of biblical laws literally.

Now where have we heard this before? observing the laws literally, I Know, in most if not all of the churches in America,Canada, and in Europe in the form of TITHING. Of course this is just one of those literal laws that these leaders use to bind,control, and abuse their members all for nothing, and for what, a car that will  eventually break down, give me a break.

Back to the thought at hand, How do you respond to someone that is going through a very hard time in his her life, and their live in boy/girlfriend does not see the point.

A] do we a look towards the scriptures for answers?

B] try by the spirit of God to discern the intent of the heart?

C] do we brush them off because God does not promote mess? or

D] speak into their lives without prejudices?

I am not writing this to trip anyone up but to encourage one to express life lessons that would reach the heart and impart strength. First natural then Spiritual.           

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 02:40:09 AM by INDIANA-P »

YellowStone

Re: Are we practicing Legalism
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 11:27:27 PM »

Hi Indianna-P

I liked the way you introduced your topic. I wasn't sure if I was qualified to comment; however then I read the following (my comments in blue)

You asked:

Back to the thought at hand, How do you respond to someone that is going through a very hard time in his her life, and their live in boy/girlfriend does not see the point.

A] do we a look towards the scriptures for answers?

Absolutely and always, if not by physically reaching for them, but by spiritually recalling them.

B] try by the spirit of God to discern the intent of the heart?

This too is a must, the spirit of God is always available to us; however, I must say that it is not easy discerning the intent of anothers heart. I can only assume that you are meaning that they are speaking from the heart, and yes, the spirit of God will allow you to see the intent of another.

C] do we brush them off because God does not promote mess? or

We must never forget that God has a plan for us and a plan for the other. We can listen, suggest, perhaps being nothing more than a source to vent; for we can never know what God has in mind; however, we cannot change what God has clearly set in place. There must come a time when we realize, it is not yet time. However, unless the situation was extreme, I don't think 'brushing' them off is helpful or charitable.

D] speak into their lives without prejudices?

What we see in others is what we try to suppress in ourselves. Gives meaning to the phrase Christ used: 'Don't concern yourself with the speck in the eye of your brother, rather worry more about the plank in your own" (Luk 6:42) If we are prejudice then we are simply hypocrites!  ::)

We are to love our neighbor (brothers, friends, associates and strangers) as our self, this being the second commandment (Mar 12:1) No mention of prejudice there. :)

So my answer is clearly, all of the above.

I hope that makes sense?

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

INDIANA-P

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:52:35 AM »

Hello, Darren

I appreciate your reply, and I believe it to be accurate. As I was reading, a Scripture came to mind,

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35   

Love&Peace
Indiana-p

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 02:04:22 AM »

Hello, Darren

I appreciate your reply, and I believe it to be accurate. As I was reading, a Scripture came to mind,

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35   

Love&Peace
Indiana-p
I agree! :)

CDJ

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 02:40:31 AM »

By loving your brother/sister, we still see their 'specs', which in turn makes you see it in your own life. When you 2 realize that both has a plank, two are better than one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.