bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed in understanding...  (Read 3912 times)

CDJ

Help needed in understanding...
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:03:42 AM »

Hi everyone,

(I moved this post from Common Logic vs Free Will, coz I feel there is a much deeper spiritual truth here, than meets the eye... I just can't see it yet...  ??? )

I'm still in the infant stages of grasping the non-existance of free-will. Here, though, is one thing that popped up a while back, that I can't make sense of.

Someone accused God of lying and quoted these 2 verses...

2 Kings 22:20 "...(Huldah speaks)Therefore I will gather you to your fathers, and you will be buried in peace..."

2 Kings 23:29 "...but Neco faced him and killed him at Megiddo..."

After looking into it, I found this...

2 Chronicles 35:20-22 "...After all this, when Josiah had set the temple in order, Neco king of Egypt went up to fight at Carchemish on the Euphrates, and Josiah marched out to meet him in battle. But Neco sent messengers to him, saying, "What quarrel is there between you and me, O king of Judah? It is not you I am attacking at this time, but the house with which I am at war. God has told me to hurry; so stop opposing God, who is with me, or he will destroy you. Josiah, however, would not turn away from him, but disguised himself to engage him in battle. He would not listen to what Neco had said at God's command but went to fight him on the plain of Megiddo ..."

Plain and simple. Well, to me, that settled the answer, but this was before I've come to learn about free-will and God's sovereignity. What exactly happened here between God and Josiah? Neco did say that there was no quarrel between them, so one could then say that there was peace between them. Josiah didn't have a quarrel with anyone, but still died in war.

Can anyone help here?

Regards
CDJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.