bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sermon on the mount  (Read 5371 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sermon on the mount
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »

Ray, thank you for your website.  I have enjoyed reading your material and I believe as you that God will save the whole world.  My question is regarding the principals that “no verse is its own interpretation and also that Jesus taught only in parables.”  Parts of the sermon on the mount seem to me to be straight forward and not parables and I was hoping that you would demonstrate how these principals apply to these verses.

For example: at 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

This seems to me to be its own interpretation, that is, it means just what it says.  And it does not seem to be a parable, that is, to represent a larger spiritual truth.

Additionally, I would be interested in knowing if you ever received any further correspondance from the Florida Bible Professor.  If he did indeed keep his commitment to read your answer in its entirety to his class.  Thank you in advance for your help.

PS I am planning to come to Nashville.  I live in Knoxville.

Jerry         

Dear Jerry:

Great!  I look forward to meeting you in Nashville.       

The Sermon on the Mount was NOT given to the multitudes as were His many parables. He taught "His DISCIPLES" higher up on this mountain, not the multitudes which He taught nearer the base of the mountain. However, these teachings on the mount are ANYTHING but "straight forward" as you suggest. It would take a 100 page paper to answer your question fully, Jerry, and so that is why I am writing a 100 page paper to do just that. It is called:  "HELL Part D."  Parts D-1 and D-2 are already posted, and part D-3 should be posted in the next week or so with more parts to follow. Be sure to read them.       

Yes, the professor did show my material to his class and he also contacted me by email several times. After I totally blew him away with the Scriptures he stopped emailing me.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 07:21:21 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.