bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could someone help with this scripture?  (Read 5309 times)

Jackie Lee

Could someone help with this scripture?
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:04:43 PM »

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst. Amos 8:11-13

Is this going on now?
I know many are searching to not only read but to understand.

YellowStone

Re: Could someone help with this scripture?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:55:14 PM »

This is a very interesting question Jackie Lee :)

God has indeed shown us that he has kept his silence before.

Eze 20:3  Son of man, speak unto the elders of Israel, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Are ye come to enquire of me? [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will not be enquired of by you.

Mic 3:4  Then shall they cry unto the LORD, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings.

Mic 3:7  Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for [there is] no answer of God.

I have know problem with the idea that God will keep silent during the days of final judgement. You ask if this is happening now? I would have to answer with a 'yes' and a 'no.' Yes, it must be happening because Jesus said:

Luk 13:25  When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Luk 13:26  Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

Luk 13:27  But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity.

Certainly we can see this happening, people standing on a street corners "shouting 'Jesus is coming!' or 'Jesus is here!' and let's not forget the million dollar churches and private Jets. Surely, God is silent to such as these, even though may not yet realize it. But also we can see the opposite happen also, so I must say 'No' as well. Take this forum and the work of Ray. God is not silent to many that frequent or visit this sight. I do not believe that God will ever remain silent to those who truly love and trust him.

I believe it all comes down to faith. We are told in stories past that it was a lack of faith that caused God's silence. I see know reason for God to change now.

Great question. Comments welcome :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:56:15 PM by YellowStone »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:04:43 AM »

Thanks Darren,I was thinking it is possible that we are seeking God on our terms and possibly this is why God is silent, he is waiting for us to want his will in our lives.
Many of us, myself included want what we want, God possibly ignores this he wants us to put him first.
I may be way off base feel free to correct me.
Darren you helped me with Ezek 20:3 it seems people are questioning God and he said I will not be questioned.
This reminds me of the <created> questioning the creator, so maybe this is at least part of the answer....
What do you think?

CDJ

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 02:28:59 AM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

I think sometimes we need to be quiet and listen. If we make too much noise (our ways), God won't hear us...

Psalm 46:10 "...Be still, and know that I am God..."

Regards
CDJ :-)

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 08:17:24 AM »

2 Timothy 3:6-9
For this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.  Now as Jan'nes and Jam'bres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Titus 1:10-11
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:  Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

Peace,
Lisa

Firefly

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:23:41 AM »

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst. Amos 8:11-13

I believe this verse describes my life before God opened my eyes and started to remove the scales and teach me via Ray and others by His Spirit what the scriptures really say. I accepted Christ when I was eighteen and I can remember being so hopless and crying out to Him for almost 20 years, saying what am I missing God, there must be some key I  am missing. I can honestly say all those years I was going through a spiritual famine...which was His will for my life at that time. I am just so thankful He is giving my real food and water now...

Lori  :)

Kat

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »

Hi Lori,

That is the way I feel too. 

I believe this verse describes my life before God opened my eyes and started to remove the scales and teach me via Ray

A scripture that I believe is a second witness to the Amos 8 verses.

Dan 12:4  "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase."

I believe this verse in Daniel and Amos is talking about the church.   
Amo 8:12 "...they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it."
Sounds like they don't know which way to go, sounds like 'they' are the many that go the broad way (Matt 7:13). 
'The Book' that was sealed, isn't this 'Book' the Book of the Life of Jesus Christ(as Ray referrs to it), and beginning sealed so the many can't know It/Him.

Mat 7:22  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
v. 23  And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

Daniel says 'until the end... and knowledge shall increase.'
This sure seems like we are having knowledge increased to us here at BT. 
Christ has given those in Him "the Spirit of truth," that the world does not have.

Joh 14:16 And, I, will request the Father, and, Another Advocate, will He give unto you, that He may be with you age-abidingly,
v.17 The Spirit of truth,—which, the world, cannot receive, because it beholdeth it not, nor getteth to know it. But, ye, are getting to know it; because, with you, it abideth, and, in you, it is.
v. 18 I will not leave you bereft,—I am coming unto you. (Rotherham)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:06:29 PM by Kat »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »

Thanks everyone, Lori your answer made perfect sense. :)

rk12201960

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »

Hi All,
Wonderful answers to a deep question
Thanks  for the in-site.    ;D 8) ;D

In Christ,
Randy

Jackie Lee

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »

Kat I read your post again there is a lot more insight there too.
I am trying to unteach myself all these false doctrines I have been taught for so long.
Thanks everyone I have more to consider now. :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 05:48:26 PM »

I have enjoyed what I have read here in this thread!

Kat you say : This sure seems like we are having knowledge increased to us here at BT. 

Ever since I was dragged here I too have had scales drop off my eyes and my ears healed!

Thank you for opening this thread Jackie Lee

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.