bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billy Graham a 33rd degree Mason?  (Read 8513 times)

B18bhatch

Billy Graham a 33rd degree Mason?
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:19:23 AM »

I seen this on a sight on freemasons. They had a list of 33rd degree masons and Billy was one of them. Just google it and see.

NickyM

Re: Billy Graham a 33rd degree Mason?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »

Well, that's an interesting piece of information. Thank you for sharing it with us.  ;)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:00:53 AM »

I don't know if it is true or not, but I could not find a legitimate site that claimed that it was.  When I googled it, I saw hundreds of conspiracy sites.  Most of the sites who claimed it were christian fundamentalist sites who have been out to get Graham for years.

I kind of doubt it myself.

Craig

Firefly

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »

This is from the website: www.masonicinfo.com  under famous non masons

Reverend Billy Graham - Sometimes referred to as 'America's Minister', Rev. Graham is frequently identified as a Mason by religious intolerants whose ideology is different from his. They feel, apparently, that connecting him with Freemasonry will smear his outstanding abilities and his life-long commitment to his faith. In the earliest days of the world wide web (we seem to recall it was about 1994), a listing of famous Freemasons appeared on the web site of the Grand Lodge of Louisiana, USA. Dr. Graham's name appeared on the list in error based on an assumption by the person who prepared it. (No, it isn't a conspiracy to hide anything! In fact, it's likely that the information may have come from the book by former Mason Jim Shaw who lied that he had received the 33rd Degree of the Scottish Rite with Rev. Graham in attendance. Since Shaw never received that honor, clearly there is nothing to his claim. Read about it here!)  Since then, though, unsubstantiated claims have flown about on the internet and one of the most frequent questions we receive dealing with specific individuals concerns Dr. Graham. The simple fact - as substantiated by his organization - is that he is FAR too involved with his ministry to devote time to any other organization. Like other recognizable leaders who are not Masons, Dr. Graham has from time to time been present at Masonic or Masonic-family events. There is a picture sometimes found on the web of him attending a DeMolay public installation of officers. Over his lifetime, Dr. Graham has attended thousands of meetings of groups. To assume he is a Mason because of a webmaster's presumption that a person's attendance at a public event is presumptuous at best. Regretfully, most of those who insist that Rev. Graham is a Mason are those who want to smear both him and the fraternity.

And there are still a couple of dozen rants left over on the web from religious intolerants who want to name every prominent religious leader as a Mason as if this were somehow a terrible thing. For the record, neither Oral Roberts, Jerry Falwell, or Kenneth Copeland are Masons either. You'll note that NONE of the material making these claims can cite where these men were supposedly members but instead rely on absurd claims that they're "secret" members. No such thing, folks. In fact, you'll note that the claims regarding Copeland all have similar wording. Why? They all came from the fantasy of a single anti-Masonic website created by conspiracy-obsessed Mark Flynn. It definitely proves the old saw that a lie can travel around the world while the truth is still putting on its socks!

CDJ

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 12:12:49 PM »

Hi B18bhatch,

Whether Mr Graham is a mason or not, some would try to defile his name and ministry. Glory to God, not the person. It always bugged me whether Mr Graham's message is true or not and one thing that I read on bibletruths, was that it's worse when lies are mixed with truths, than it being an outright total lie. So, I went to the BGM website, typed in "Lucifer" in the search box, and here's only one of many replies I found...

BGM Website
"...The Bible doesn't answer all our questions about the devil, and we must be careful not to go beyond what God has told us in His Word. Nevertheless, the Bible indicates that originally Satan was one of the angels God created to serve Him. But Satan became envious of God, and decided to rebel against God and try to take His place.

His rebellion was unsuccessful, however, and he was thrown out of heaven: "How you have fallen from heaven... You have been cast down to the earth" (Isaiah 14:12)
..."  ...Bold italics mine...

All us on this site, has been roughly through the same stuff regarding the Truth. All those confusing years in church and the like, was like boot-camp, so we could indulge in the lies, so that when our eyes open up to the Truth, we see it crystal clear, and know how to spot the lie... Mr Graham is a guy with a good heart I believe, I'm just not interested in the message his ministry bring forth.

Humbly
CDJ :-)

NickyM

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »

..we must be careful not to go beyond what God has told us in His Word.

Yep, they said it themselves. It's kinda funny when someone states something, and right after does just the opposite.  =D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.