bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evils (Tsunami) and Ecc. 1:13  (Read 7760 times)

NickyM

Evils (Tsunami) and Ecc. 1:13
« on: April 14, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »

I had a thought about this one night. In evening, I was reading these forums, and when I went to bed, this idea suddenly came up.

I thought about the evils in this world and compared the two views: whether evil was meant or whether it was an accident. (I think almost all of you will agree to that first, because you are here)

Then my mind wandered of to Tsunami: how can one big giant wave cause so much destruction and kill so many people and why?

Then I remembered the verse in Ecclesiastes:
“It is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it" (Ecc. 1:13)

I realised, that if the Christmas Tsunami and other tsunamis don't have any purpose, then all who have died, have died in vain.

On that year, I witnessed something unique. We had at least 3 fundraiser-tv-concerts here in Finland, there were many men and women with red cross' boxes gathering money for the victims and I witnessed the whole country being touched by that event, and I believe that Finnland wasn't the only country, which stopped for a while to think about that and to help.

I can find it very humbling to see, that we really aren't so powerful as we usually might think. Anything can happen and we always cannot predict it. We just have to trust God, because He is Love, and all these evils exist for a purpose. If not, we all would be suffering in vain. I just wanted to share this thought with you.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Evils (Tsunami) and Ecc. 1:13
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »

Thank you NickyM

This saying came to mind while reading your post : we do not know what tomorrow brings but we know Who brings tomorrow.

I do not know who said this but I just wanted to add it.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

josh

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:44:42 PM »

Arcturus,

I didn't take you for a Pink Floyd fan?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 04:49:44 AM »

PINK FLOID!   ::)  Is that where that comes from! ;D

Had no idea! ;D  :D Thanks Josh....you've got my back, you are in my corner!....Where does that come from? ;D  :D ...another brick in the wall? :D  ;D

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 09:42:37 AM »

Good morning Arcturus :)

Actually, it came from the Pink Floyd album, 'Dark Side of the Moon'

It's not so dark though, because God can be found even there. :)

Hope you don't mind me butting in? :)

Love to you in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 10:23:42 AM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 09:55:32 AM »

Ah!..evidence of our age I guess :D ;D

josh

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »

Arcturus,

Just to clarify... Darren and I are talking about your "avatar"... it's the cover of the Pink Floyd album "dark side of the moon."

Pink Floyd did not write ..."I don't know what tomorrow brings but I know who brings tomorrow." I think there might have been some confusion.

God's Peace.
Josh

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 02:13:07 PM »

OHHHHH!...Thanks Josh!.....

I have changed the Avatar. The new one is a CCD image by Paul Gitto, from the Arcturus Observatory!

Thanks for the clarification! :D ;D

I just hope this new Avatar is not the cover of some other dark side of any moon! ;D  :D

Peace to you!

Arcturus ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:14:02 PM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 01:18:47 AM »

Yep, I, also, saw that your last avatar was fom the album cover of 1970's rock group named 'Pink Floyd'.  (I just figured that you knew where it came from. ;))  It really did fit in with all of your other heavenly/space type avatars. ;)   keep em' coming. ;D

josh

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 03:32:58 AM »

I just hope this new Avatar is not the cover of some other dark side of any moon! ;D  :D

This made me smile.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »

Thank you Susan. For me the Heavens really do proclaim HIS GLORY!

Hey Josh...please tell us about your Avatar. I can not make it out 8)

Peace to you

josh

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »

It's an image from a graphic novel, which was recently made into a movie, called "300"...

The premise of the story is that an army of 300 Spartan soldiers took on the entirety of King Xerxes Persian army... ultimately all of but one of the 300 soldiers were killed, but not before they took out a huge chunk of the Persian army and rallied the moral of their own country to come to their aid in war.

I saw the movie a few weeks ago... at the time, I didn't know a lot about the story, but while I was watching... all I could think about was how much it reminded me of the story of Gideon and the army of 300 the Lord allowed him to take to battle against a much larger army.

So my avatar is an image from the book "300"... but I chose it because it reminded me of Gideon.

Thanks for asking!
Josh

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 03:07:08 AM »

That is great Josh. ;D

The story of Gideon for me shows that the battle is not for the faint hearted! ;D :D the fearful are told to go back to their homes and not onwards to the Kingdom of God our new home towards which we run our race. :D 8) and to which Christ went to prepare a place for us.

Thanks for explaining.

Peace to you

DWIGHT

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00:17 AM »

The story of Gideon is truly one of the called and chosen. 

Judges 7:4
And the LORD said unto Gideon, The people are yet too many; bring them down unto the water, and I will try them for thee there: and it shall be, that of whom I say unto thee, This shall go with thee, the same shall go with thee; and of whomsoever I say unto thee, This shall not go with thee, the same shall not go.

Judges 7:18
When I blow with a trumpet, I and all that are with me, then blow ye the trumpets also on every side of all the camp, and say, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon

NickyM, Your post touched me, and we know that all that happens in this world is for the glory of God.  We sometimes only see the dark side of the moon, but to God there is no difference.

Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. Psalm 139:12

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor. 3:18

The more we see His light, the more we'll see his glory.

In Him,

Dwight

Redbird

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 07:17:01 AM »

Wow, the story of "300" is very interesting and I did not make the connection to Gideon.  The battle is not for the faint hearted indeed.  My sons saw the movie a few weeks ago, and said it was a great movie ~ all about guts and glory.  At that time, I couldn't help but think of our "little forum" of about 300!  ;) :D

Lisa

rj

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 07:42:34 AM »

The story of Gideon for me shows that the battle is not for the faint hearted!  the fearful are told to go back to their homes and not onwards to the Kingdom of God our new home towards which we run our race.  and to which Christ went to prepare a place for us.

Amen Arcturus...

It also show me how God always reduces the number of His army to the point where its impossible,  for them to win the battle on their own strength....all glory goes to God...

rj

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 07:12:53 PM »

Absolutely rj ;D

Lisa that is a lovely thought....about our 300 in the Forum! 8)

Dwight...the called and chosen. Amen :D

Peace to you

chav

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:51:45 PM »

Wow ! Pink Floyd on BT forum , shine on you crazy diamonds.

Dave UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.