bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "...but God meant it unto good."  (Read 4917 times)

NickyM

"...but God meant it unto good."
« on: April 14, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »

Okay, I would like to share one thing with you, but at first I have to tell you about our country's military service system.

We don't have a hired army like US has. In our country, every 18 old is called to train in military, so when the enemy attacks, our country can call these men to arms. The alternative to that military service is Civilian service, which lasts for 395 days where military service is normally only 180 days, so SC is quite unpopular for that reason.

You can have yourself freed from the service, if you have some kind of disease or if you're a Jehovah's Wittness. (Yep, really, they are the only religious group who have this benefit and I don't know why they are granted with such a privilige =D)

I have had rheumatism since I was a kid. I have gone trough one surgery: my right wrist was cleaned, and I have had cortisone injections to calm down the infected joints. I have eaten medicine for many years and my condition is now pretty stable, and I thank God for that.

This disease doesn't affect my life very much. Sometimes my joints ache when I strain them a lot, and I can't partake in sports very much, but it doesn't bother me much, I've learned to live with it.

I've always thought that it would be nicer if I was healthy. I am not sure if I think like that anymore, because I got relased from the military service, and I don't have to go to play any war games for my country, because I have this illness.

I'm smiling now, because I think that this was meant to be. Rheumatics isn't good at itself, but I think that God meant it unto good, so I would have a reason not to go to army to train how to kill people, although they prefer to call it "defending our country". ^^

I told this to share with you how an illness can turn into a blessing. =)

rk12201960

Re: "...but God meant it unto good."
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:51:09 AM »

HI Nicky,
I thought you might want to know one reason why Jehovah witnesses have this option.
I was a witness for over 13 years, the amount of money they take in is, well lets just way its a great amount.
 While they are not really in the truth they try hard to follow the bible. It was a step God put me on in my journey to really know him and come to this site.

While I don't have the fellowship of all the people in the congregations I have come to know the real God and who He really is.

Our brothers and sisters here on the forum are the true ones called and maybe elect of God.
It is good to have one true brother or sister than to have a world full of friends who don't have the same calling or mind set.

I am glad God has blessed you and more so the mind he gave you to know Him.
Peace and wisdom to you.
your brother
Randy   ;D 8) ;D

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »

I agree NickyM sometimes illness can be a blessing many become closer to God during this time.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 02:52:53 AM »

Hi there Nicky,
I know that in the USA the JW's can use the reason for not going into war as being b/c they do not believe in killing others.  (Yes, you would think that they would not be allowed to even join the military, but they can.)  Thus,JW's  are considered 'consciensius objectors'.

I can tell you from first hand experience that  they DO go to war...and against their will!  I was a Medic and a guy in our platoon was a JW..as was his wife; both of them had to go to SAUDI AND IRAQ with the rest of us male and female soldiers (and even though we were all medical personell we still had to carry our M16's)   Both hsband and wife were made to carry a weapon, and they were not happy campers about it either!  Infact, the male soldier got so upset about it that he ...stabbed himself in the heart and nearly died!!!  I was taking care of him on my ward and he was heavily medicated and made to stay in the war zone till all of us left together :-\...well, you get the point...(it was better for him to take his own life than to possibly have to hurt someone else in order to protect his own life ???)

Anyway, Nicky, I am too am not acceptable for the military either due to my poor back and thyroid disabiities, and that is a great thing for me since I want to be around for my son in his future.  So God did bless me with these disablities for a higher calling! ;), just like He has blessed you!  (I do not wish for anyone have to be in the military or go to war, b/c it can be hell on earth!)

I hope your feeling better!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 07:40:15 AM »

MG also is a testimony for me of how God works his presence into our hearts and minds through pain and physical challenges and suffering.

It is wonderful that you have shared your experiences with us Nicky. Thank you.  It encourages me to count my blessings and to see Gods hand. In fact, the pains I suffer are blessings that are sometimes in disguise but made visible by our precious Author and Finisher of our Faith through the testimonies offered here in the Forum.

James 1 : 3 Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.

Susan, that had to be an intense experience for you to witness!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 07:49:09 AM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »

Arcturus,

(Yes, WAR is intense for sure...I could tell you some other war stories),  but with this guy, I actually spoke with him (when we were coworkers at the TMC (Troop Medical Clinic)) about being a JW and why join the military at all and put yourself in a postition to possibly have to go to war and go against his religous beliefs in carryiing  and using his weapon as well as putting himself in harms way (I guess it was strictly a job where he could make money and get career)...how ironic that this conversation took place long before we knew that we would go to war together.  Then, after his suicide attempt,  he was put with me to take care of him and then when we retured home, we both worked at the base hospital together.  (The weird thing was that he was so indifferent about everything concerning his military career or anything...he would never smile,never talk, yet never frown ???...like talking to a robot!)  .Truthfully, I always felt really sorry for him and always tried to encourage him. 

Fira

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »

I agree NickyM sometimes illness can be a blessing many become closer to God during this time.

That is true and welcome NickM. When I went for surgery on my wisdom teeth to get them pulled out I wasn't in pain but whenever I have a condition/sickness/both/ or conditions/sicknesses/both I drink Water alot.

Ask and pray to God for more details.

BTW I am Jason from UTAH, North United States of America.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.